AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 18:45   Link #18821
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Okay, I was wrong, THIS is the shortest scene ever.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Classroom- Someone's Watching:

Ara ara~.

Please consider this one update... sorry about this, guys.

Day 4 really is boring...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:48   Link #18822
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No problem.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Morning- Dispute:

This scene requires a bit of explanation.

These are the classroom scenes you get if you don't talk to Itsuko. The next one I'm posting in a few minutes is the one you get if you do.

Regardless, they all lead to the next scene, which is a Kyonko scene, "Peering In".
Excellent writing, Kaisos. I liked how Kyon and Kyonko came across as mostly reasonable towards each other. You really did a wonderful job with their dialogue.

The only thing I'm not sure of, though - what's the best choice to make if you want to get the all-Kyon pairing (Kyon/Kyonko)? I'm not sure if it's 1 or 3 (it's obviously not 2).
Old 2009-08-23, 18:55   Link #18823
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
"What is this I don't even..."

It's gremlins alright.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:56   Link #18824
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The only thing I'm not sure of, though - what's the best choice to make if you want to get the all-Kyon pairing (Kyon/Kyonko)? I'm not sure if it's 1 or 3 (it's obviously not 2).
Amusingly, choices don't matter with Kyonko, really... (there's a +20 choice on Day 5 that locks you into her route) still, to get more points, you have to have Kyon give her his shoes.

The third choice isn't even available until you've beaten 6 routes, as it's tied to the Hijack route which is, uh, 'interesting'.
Old 2009-08-23, 19:21   Link #18825
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
The third choice isn't even available until you've beaten 6 routes, as it's tied to the Hijack route which is, uh, 'interesting'.
So, is it:

interesting, interesting, interesting, interesting or interesting?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 19:24   Link #18826
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
No problem.

Heh. I guess this mean no more discussion now. Also Itsumo no Fuukei is going to be Kyonko's theme then? Cool, I love this song.

Quote:
Why would any suzumiya change shoes at night?

Quote:
A Take That for us?

Well, nice scene that one. Funny Kyonko's nervousness before her male conter part. It is really a weird situation.

Quote:
Okay, I was wrong, THIS is the shortest scene ever.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Classroom- Someone's Watching:

Ara ara~.

Please consider this one update... sorry about this, guys.

Day 4 really is boring...
Yeah this time is really the shortest scene so far. I would merge it with Itsuko's one.

After Day3 Day4 really seen boring. However, the interludes in the end are bond to be good. Specially interlude6.

Quote:
Amusingly, choices don't matter with Kyonko, really... (there's a +20 choice on Day 5 that locks you into her route) still, to get more points, you have to have Kyon give her his shoes.

Kyonko's point are only usefull to get one of the bad ends Or they are going tho have some utility on her route?

Also, Triple, have you already read the other scenes or you did start from the middle? (just curiosity)

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
So, is it:

interesting, interesting, interesting, interesting or interesting?
Knowing Kaisos and the premise of this game probably interesting.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 19:31   Link #18827
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Poor Kyonko.

It seems like EVERYONE grabs her ponytail.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 19:43   Link #18828
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Heh. I guess this mean no more discussion now. Also Itsumo no Fuukei is going to be Kyonko's theme then? Cool, I love this song.

Why would any suzumiya change shoes at night?

A Haruhi/Haruki is somewhat unpredictable by nature, due to how s/he loves to do unconventional stuff. Yes, there's certain specific things that you can tell that s/he'll do, but there's not a whole lot that you can cross off as totally unthinkable for him/her.

Switching shoes at night for no apparent reason isn't something you can cross off; it's not that different from Haruhi going with a different hairstyle for every day of the week.

Quote:

Also, Triple, have you already read the other scenes or you did start from the middle? (just curiosity)
I've been slowly catching up, but I haven't reached this point yet. However, this latest update caught my notice, and I liked the Kyon/Kyonko dialogue a lot, so I wanted to comment on it right away.

Speaking personally on the major effects of choices: While I haven't played visual novels before, I have played games where your responses to other character's questions can determine "maximum affection endings" and the like (Tales of Symphonia being the best example here). Personally, I like the idea of certain choices being complete killers - i.e. you make the wrong choice in this one instance, and a particular affection route is cut off for good. Now, I wouldn't want every choice to be a complete killer like this - that would just be cruel - but having a few through out the RPG/visual novel keeps things exciting, imo.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:08   Link #18829
Heatth

Quote:
A Haruhi/Haruki is somewhat unpredictable by nature, due to how s/he loves to do unconventional stuff. Yes, there's certain specific things that you can tell that s/he'll do, but there's not a whole lot that you can cross off as totally unthinkable for him/her.

Switching shoes at night for no apparent reason isn't something you can cross off; it's not that different from Haruhi going with a different hairstyle for every day of the week.
I disagree. Haruhi seens umpredicable but she follow her own logic, and Kyon probably knows this. She never does anything without reason, she is aways aiming something in everything she does, even if is something bizarre.

For the different hairstyles, for exemple, certanly she have a reason for that. Kyon guessed it was to protect against aliens (or something similar) and she didn't dennied. My personal theory is she was trying to call John Smith attention. As soon someone noticied she changed back to the hairstyle she used on the Tanabata 3/4 years ago. She probably reconized Kyon as, at last, someone similar to John. This is evidenced by she asking if she knows him and latter on Melancholy, being certain Kyon thinks the world was boring, to the point of confusion how he would want to back there, despite he never have seemed thinks like that (she was right, btw). In disappearance we learned she didn't changed her hairstyle when attending in another school.

But, eh, I guess I went kinda off-topic right? Sorry. The point is, I really don't imagine the Suzumiyas changing shoes at random and neither think the Kyons would do the same. Maybe if she thought there was an alien hidden at school (to catch it with guard down), but there would be no reason to mess with Kyon's shoe.

Tsc I am arguing to much for a minor point here.

Quote:
I've been slowly catching up, but I haven't reached this point yet. However, this latest update caught my notice, and I liked the Kyon/Kyonko dialogue a lot, so I wanted to comment on it right away.
I how this don't mean you are trying to read the entire tread

If you really want to read as much as posible, a hint is read the first several pages (until you get tired) and then reading the pages that follow the the rewrithe chapters/Visual novel scenes/interesting fanfics. For the visual novel, the discussion begun at page 730 or so. Another interesting post to read is that one, to understand Kaisos opinion about the differences about the canon characters and the seitenkan ones (this post is on the faq, btw).
Old 2009-08-23, 20:09   Link #18830
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

That post is outdated. =P
Old 2009-08-23, 20:17   Link #18831
Heatth

It is?

What are your opinions now then? Haruki is not more a Kamina copy?

Btw what a wierd avatar. Is terrifying, in some way.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:18   Link #18832
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Mostly on voice actors, but there's a bit on personality too, mostly with Itsuko and Mitsuuru, who have ended up a fair bit different, now.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:31   Link #18833
Heatth

Oh, I don't even paied attention on that seiyuus However, I would give Aya Hirano to Kyonko and Tomokazu Sugita to Haruki. For the sake of funny (they are also similar physically. Aya is agood actress, so I guess she probably could do Kyonko. Don't know if Sugita can do the same for Haruki, however (the voice is not quite like the end of EE).

The difference on Mitsuuru and Itsuko is now he is more emotionally repressed and she less girly right?
Old 2009-08-23, 20:46   Link #18834
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
It's not as if Hirano hasn't voice a "female" Kyon before...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:50   Link #18835
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
No problem.

This scene requires a bit of explanation.

These are the classroom scenes you get if you don't talk to Itsuko. The next one I'm posting in a few minutes is the one you get if you do.

Regardless, they all lead to the next scene, which is a Kyonko scene, "Peering In".
I support continued interactions between Kyon and Kyonko. Although that reference you made... well it's fine I suppose.

Oh and Kaisos, I was certainly surprised to see you use that particular scene for your avi.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:50   Link #18836
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'd love to never hear Hirano in anything ever again. But unfortunately we're stuck with her as Haruhi.

Too bad we don't have someone voicing her who isn't completely retarded, like Haruka Tomatsu or, god forbid, Yui Horie...

No, I do not like what Aya Hirano has become, why do you ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Although that reference you made... well it's fine I suppose.
Reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Oh and Kaisos, I was certainly surprised to see you use that particular scene for your avi.
Best face I've ever seen in anime, hands down.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:53   Link #18837
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, it's very difficult not to get big-headed after the success of Haruhi. Still, most of her antics are likely to be staged. Heck, even Einstein himself had a role in cultivating his image as the "wild-haired mad scientist".

That being said, I wonder what a Sakamoto Maaya-Miyano Mamoru combo will do for Kyonko-Haruki.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:57   Link #18838
Heatth

Quote:
I'd love to never hear Hirano in anything ever again. But unfortunately we're stuck with her as Haruhi.

Too bad we don't have someone voicing her who isn't completely retarded, like Haruka Tomatsu or, god forbid, Yui Horie...

No, I do not like what Aya Hirano has become, why do you ask?
Lol?

I mostly like her. But I really have no basis, since I really don't play attention on seyuus, so the only characters I know she voiced was Haruhi and Konata.

But, what do you mean by 'has become'?

Also, as Kegetsu said, she did already voiced Kyon... Seh was actually good voicing then there.

EDIT:
Lol, it can't be that hard to remember. Sorry, Shirogane.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:10   Link #18839
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Tigermoon works. What the name "means," anyway... I wasn't actually agreeing that she should voice Kyonko, by the way.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 21:10   Link #18840
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think KE is talking about the trashy feel that Hirano gives off in some of her recent real-person acts.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan