Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 19:37   Link #801
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
I don't think I expressed this idea properly in my last post, but I see the ending as Lelouch setting Kallen free from all her past bonds, and this includes himself. Obviously she will still hold onto him in her heart, but he can no longer influence her, and the last thing he told her to do for him was basically "Be yourself." Kallen, like Jeremiah, has a strong sense of devotion (the creators themselves call it her defining trait), and Lelouch basically played off her devotion to others to ensure that she will live as happy a life as possible and on her own terms by making them his terms as well.

Parallels can be drawn between this and with Euphemia's deathbed wish for Suzaku to go back to school and live "her share" as well. Lelouch was telling Kallen that in order to live for his sake, she should live her life for her own sake.
I agree with loli in that her character song agrees with your idea on the parallel between the two, at least for how Kallen has taken Lelouch's wish. She's living for the both of them, and climbing the staircase of life till she "catches up".
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 21:01   Link #802
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Didn't Tanuguchi (spelling is wrong,I know) say that
Spoiler for It's in R2,can't remeber which episode.:
I wouldn't want my dear kallen with a dude who would do something like that just because he's upset.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 21:02   Link #803
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

However I'm a shipper of Shirlulu and CluClu because shirley seems like the guy that makes him want to be less cynical. Wih CluClu it's the exact oposite,she be able to understand him at his core when no one else is able to.
Old 2009-09-19, 21:18   Link #804
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

rape is hardly the worst of what Lelouch would do when he's upset *cough*Turn 14 massacre*cough*. So. Yeah.

So Suzaku's first love was a maid in the Kururugi house when he was three years old. And Sayoko definitely had a crush on him according to those Sayoko's diaries things.

LET US DISCUSS THIS POSSIBILITY.

(ohwait have we done this already? If so, ignore me pls)
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 21:27   Link #805
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Whoa,whoa whoa. This is canon? I thought Nunally was his first crush.

And man,what is it with Suzaku and Cougars? He just can't get these older women off of him.
Old 2009-09-19, 21:38   Link #806
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

well, it's canon according to the fifty questions interview thingies.
Old 2009-09-19, 21:52   Link #807
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
I agree with loli in that her character song agrees with your idea on the parallel between the two, at least for how Kallen has taken Lelouch's wish. She's living for the both of them, and climbing the staircase of life till she "catches up".
When I read this I said to myself "You don't agree with me; you agree with the Loli, who agrees with the Character Song that agrees with me."
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 21:55   Link #808
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Eh,if Suzaku were to get with an older women,I'd really prefer it to be Cecile. She really cares about him it seems. I would go as far as to say she even has a mild crush on him.

I would be fine if Sayoko hadn't been a ninja. That just pisses me off so I really have an unfair bias agains Sayoko. But he had a crush on a maid when he was ?. Awwwwww how cute. *fawns*. Why couldn't they have made a picture drama out of that. Gosh.
Old 2009-09-19, 22:00   Link #809
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Picture Dramas showed that Suzaku reminds Cecile of her brother, if I'm not mistaken. So, different kind of affection there.
Old 2009-09-19, 22:01   Link #810
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Quite the contrary,it was actually a past lover who died in battle.
Old 2009-09-19, 22:24   Link #811
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Did they ever say who he was? A lover or a brother? Or even just a friend? I read somewhere that initially the directors meant to have it revealed that the person Suzaku stayed with after he left the Kururugis was someone who had been Cecile's friend at some point, and that he reminded her of her. :/
Old 2009-09-19, 22:38   Link #812
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Picture Dramas showed that Suzaku reminds Cecile of her brother, if I'm not mistaken. So, different kind of affection there.
Suzaku has a brother?

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 22:40   Link #813
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Suzaku has a brother?
*sigh* Cecile's the one with a brother...
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 22:40   Link #814
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Yeah,thier relationship was supposed to get fa rmore intimate in R2 from what I have read. Mmm-Mmm smells like UST. My favorite.

In R2 I saw this one scene (the one where they were lall supposed to talk to zero via video chat) where she had an outfit where her boobs were hanging out alll in front of him. Hinting at something?

How old is Cecile anyway? I'm guessing 24. Maybe younger. But definately in her twenties.
Old 2009-09-19, 22:44   Link #815
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Yeah,thier relationship was supposed to get fa rmore intimate in R2 from what I have read. Mmm-Mmm smells like UST. My favorite.

In R2 I saw this one scene (the one where they were lall supposed to talk to zero via video chat) where she had an outfit where her boobs were hanging out alll in front of him. Hinting at something?

How old is Cecile anyway? I'm guessing 24. Maybe younger. But definately in her twenties.
24 years old (25 at R2); directly from the CG wiki.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 22:46   Link #816
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Oh.
I guess I should have checked the CG wiki then....
Old 2009-09-19, 22:46   Link #817
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

If memory serves me correctly. I believe an staff member from the staff with an few others on an radio show. Stated that he probably could have used his geass if he never used it on her at the beginning of the series. And if the timeslot never changed as well. They were joking about that among other things.

Either way with the scene itself. I think Lelouch's look on his face after seeing Kallen crying is worth an thousand words especially when he was about to run after her until Rolo showed up. We can tell after that episode Lelouch cared for Kallen an great deal with their respective scenes. For Kallen, well the others stated the obvious about how important Lelouch is to Kallen still. And that's important.

About the pair, Lelouch pretty much only teasing her to get her reactions from the entire series, how Kallen acts toward Lelouch only as well. I find their interactions to be the most interesting than the others.

Suzaku/Cecile, I thought it be like an brother/sister type relationship.
Old 2009-09-19, 22:47   Link #818
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
*sigh* Cecile's the one with a brother...
Ahh, I see. Misread the statement.

Cecille should go with Lloyd.

Old 2009-09-19, 22:50   Link #819
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Lloyd's a sociopath. He even stated that himself. I don't think that's happening. I think he's a little to eccentric for introspective,realisitc Cecile,to be hoenst. But nontheless thier moments were funny and they make great friends.

I'm personally would have been more interested in LLoyd x Rakshata
Old 2009-09-19, 23:05   Link #820
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Lloyd's a sociopath. He even stated that himself. I don't think that's happening. I think he's a little to eccentric for introspective,realisitc Cecile,to be hoenst. But nontheless thier moments were funny and they make great friends.

I'm personally would have been more interested in LLoyd x Rakshata
Lol, yeah, as in the part where his heart is messed up in the first place, right? Heh, well, Cecile is the only one who can understand him, for better of for worse.

Rakshata and Lloyd? No way, Rakshata loves her pipe too much and the Pudding Earl don't seem to like her very much.

Although if they make a Knightmare together... Wow