AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-20, 07:45   Link #141
Solafighter
Hige

Middle-west germany got 3 cm today. Everything is white.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:42   Link #142
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Now now, how about moving state?
Flip out all you want on Jack Frost, he'll just dump even more of the white stuff on your doorstep xD
Enjoy the season while it lasts
(Mystie can say this because she's no longer in NY/NJ when it did snow about 6 inches or so in freaking late Febuary) x.x;;;;

What amuses me is surely for countries that deal with mass amonunts every winter, they should be able to handle and deal with it, as much as let's say Canada or Scotland do.
It's not like it's a surprise...
It's a love-hate relationship really, lol

Parts of eastern Long Island received 30 inches of snow prompting a state of emergency to be called for Suffolk County (no cars allowed on the roads). MacArthur Airport in Long Island closed for the first time ever because of the snow.

What I find humorous that despite all this snow (NYC received approximately 12 inches), NYC public schools WILL be open on Monday,

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 11:45   Link #143
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
I don't really know what to think. I've recently moved down to mid-Florida and it's still T-shirt weather here. It's almost surreal thinking Christmas is so close when it hasn't even gotten chilly here.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:45   Link #144
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Middle-west germany got 3 cm today. Everything is white.
here as well, they raised a weather alarm for it even
my dog is loving it, she's just about able to get through it still if it gets any higher she'll have to jump. She loves it though running around and I get to rub snow in her face. She came home and had a snow beard on her nostrils XD a corgi with a beard
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 12:11   Link #145
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorou View Post
I don't really know what to think. I've recently moved down to mid-Florida and it's still T-shirt weather here. It's almost surreal thinking Christmas is so close when it hasn't even gotten chilly here.
I have friends in Australia and thinking of Christmas as a SUMMER holiday for them ALWAYS freaks me out...some even have a tree but I can never imagine celebrating that holiday while wearing shorts

Twitter
Old 2009-12-20, 12:29   Link #146
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Well, it stopped snowing this morning and pretty much the end of it... and along with it, dumped alot of snow, but it was windy, so...

Spoiler for bigimage:
Old 2009-12-21, 05:50   Link #147
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Well, it stopped snowing this morning and pretty much the end of it... and along with it, dumped alot of snow, but it was windy, so...

Spoiler for bigimage:
Suggestion : If you can draw, make a caricature of Mafuyu in the snow! That did be the cutest thing ever!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 08:00   Link #148
Yaku-Pai
フリテン

Uhh, we got a blizzard yesterday, 10cm more snow, now there's 20cm on my yard and they said that there's gonna be even worse weather tomorrow. Hell, I'm drowning, somebody help me D:
Yaku-Pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 11:40   Link #149
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorou View Post
I honestly have no idea why anybody would want to move there...

But I don't live in Florida, nor do I even live in the deep South, yet we usually still see several days that are t-shirt weather in the winter, so I guess I'm just used to it now. Not happy with it, but used to it.

In fact today is a t-shirt weather day. Yup the first day of winter...

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 13:34   Link #150
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
It's a love-hate relationship really, lol

Parts of eastern Long Island received 30 inches of snow prompting a state of emergency to be called for Suffolk County (no cars allowed on the roads). MacArthur Airport in Long Island closed for the first time ever because of the snow.

What I find humorous that despite all this snow (NYC received approximately 12 inches), NYC public schools WILL be open on Monday,
I believe the NYC did close the schools just recently for much less snow. But the one in 1996 had much more for everyone and it followed almost the same exact path. That storm, I believe no one (outside of Florida) got less than 20 Inches on the east coast, and the snow froze up which meant no shoveling out and you could walk on top of it without falling through.
Back then, it was a snow emergency (no cars, trains or buses on the road). Today, they won't allow it.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 13:55   Link #151
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Theres snow in the Netherlands as well, it's been a while. My bro crashed his car yesterday to a guard rail(which is the first time he damaged a car ever). Good times, hope this stays till christmas.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 13:55   Link #152
solomon

The core 8 jurisdictions of the DC metro are closed for public school. One or two universities are as well.

Major highways I hear are ok, airports are crushed with passengers though. At least the subway rail is running again.

I read its still bad in Europe, the Chunnel train is still suspended which isn't making Sarko none too happy.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 15:01   Link #153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd like it if it snowed here in Greece...I'm walking around the streets, listening to christmas tunes with 30 degrees hitting my back Since snowing here is so rare, we love it^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 15:46   Link #154
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Weatherman is calling for snow on Christmas Day. We still have snow from the storm over the weekend, and it's gotten pretty icy, though thankfully the streets aren't so bad. The sidewalks, on the other hand...
Old 2009-12-21, 17:31   Link #155
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Snowing/ freezing in the south of England i cant go surfing!!
Old 2009-12-21, 20:35   Link #156
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Sucks that I don't have gloves or mittens. Pretty stupid of me to tell my parents "naw, I don't need them" when they suggested I bring gloves my last visit home... ah well. It was still fun. Half the campus was on the library steps sledding and throwing snowballs. At like, midnight.
Nice! The banister-like wide areas on the side of Low Library's steps can be good for sledding - as long as you don't fall off. I hope the pipes are now in better conditions. In my first year there, we ended up having to leave our residence hall while they fixed some broken water pipes. It was definitely not fun.

In Tokyo, it's just cold and windy. No snow as of yet!

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 22:45   Link #157
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I believe the NYC did close the schools just recently for much less snow.
I think it was January 2004. I still remember it very fondly.

I was supposed to take the Regents exam for American History. This is just some state-mandated exam that is offered for a number of classes and it's an exam that kids have to pass in order to pass their respective class. I had prepared for this exam for months, thanks in large part to my very strict teacher.

There was a heavy snowstorm one day but the schools remained open since it would take a mega-blizzard (think Day After Tomorrow) to close the schools.

Then the next storm was a dusting; all the schools closed.

I was PISSED. The exam was canceled and the make-up was in JUNE, five months after I would have forgotten everything in the course. It was just so BS—schools can't close for 10 inches but a 3-inch dusting paralyzes the school system? GTFOHWTBS.

I still got a 97 on the exam (I think)

Twitter
Old 2009-12-21, 22:47   Link #158
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Weatherman is calling for snow on Christmas Day. We still have snow from the storm over the weekend, and it's gotten pretty icy, though thankfully the streets aren't so bad. The sidewalks, on the other hand...
NYC is allegedly going to get rain for Christmas. I welcome this, as it means all that stupid snow is going to get washed away

Twitter
Old 2009-12-22, 07:50   Link #159
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
In Tokyo, it's just cold and windy. No snow as of yet!
But gorgeous, bright, sunny days with vivid blue skies and zero clouds.
The air is crisp, biting cold, but fresh, am enjoying it together with the sun.

Only complaint I have is hearing the word 'samui' 'samui desu yo ne~' a thousand times a day. x.x;;;;;;;;;

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 08:21   Link #160
LynnieS

Quote:
But gorgeous, bright, sunny days with vivid blue skies and zero clouds.
The air is crisp, biting cold, but fresh, am enjoying it together with the sun.
Today was nice and not too windy. Yesterday, though, had a nasty (IMHO) windchill as well; a hat was a very nice-to-have. It would be great to go skiing soon with a nice soak in the onsen and a drink afterward.

Quote:
Only complaint I have is hearing the word 'samui' 'samui desu yo ne~' a thousand times a day. x.x;;;;;;;;;
Hah. Be glad that I was nowhere near you then 'cause I would have driven you mad.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, snow, weather