AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-11, 22:05   Link #1281
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Just saw the second episode of the second season. Why would TPTB show the first episode of the second season, then take a months-long hiatus to show the second ep is beyond me. It makes no sense, IMHO.

I think this has led to a rocky start, but I'll be sticking with it because the first season was actually pretty good.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 10:44   Link #1282
Ash Falls Town

Well that didn't go as well as I would hope.
All of the Kaiji screen time was pretty off putting. He kind of has an annoying voice.
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2009-06-12, 10:58   Link #1283
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Well that didn't go as well as I would hope.
All of the Kaiji screen time was pretty off putting. He kind of has an annoying voice.
Spoiler for Ep2:
They did reveal his big secret at the very end of the episode.... when he says "I'll be counting on you next year" to Kira... it's a bit oblique, but you can infer it.

And the reason for the months delay is because this was an ova series that literally was aired months apart.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 11:44   Link #1284
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
They did reveal his big secret at the very end of the episode.... when he says "I'll be counting on you next year" to Kira... it's a bit oblique, but you can infer it.
So that remark was supposed to mean THAT? Well I guess that makes sense.

Anyway the concert scene at the very end was very well done I guess. Was it "Ruslan Und Ludmila"? It kind of sounded like how it was in Princess Tutu I'm going to assume it is. I guess Nami, Fuuyumi and Shimizu were all pretty good in the episode. But the first was better for everyone.
I like Anime!Shimizu but he's pretty annoying in the manga so this is kind of his last Hurrah for me. Unless they animate encore. Koei will probably rerelease Corda encore with Etou sometime down the track but even still the Haruka 3 special DVD didn't sell well so this might not sell well either. It's a pity too since Haruka 3 would probably make an awesome anime.

@Quarkboy
You translated this episode right? Did they tell you about Etou or did you play the game or something?

In my opinion Koei needs to create a new franchise possibly. They aren't ever going to go back to Angelique after the god awful mess of the TV series. Haruka can't go on forever and Neo Angelique doesn't really have any space for a sequel. Although I would sort of like to see a new La Corda with a new heroine. Etou could still be in it and possibly the 1st years. Everyone else could have graduated and be reduced to cameos except maybe one guy who can take over glasses guy's spot. Not that I dislike him but the problem with Angelique was that it really got to too many characters.

Edit: Also thank you for your hard work. This, Shugo Chara and Saki are probably the subtitles I like the most on Crunchyroll.
Old 2009-06-13, 01:48   Link #1285
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
So that remark was supposed to mean THAT? Well I guess that makes sense.

@Quarkboy
You translated this episode right? Did they tell you about Etou or did you play the game or something?
Actually I haven't played the games although I was fully aware of them. I figured out the meaning of that line by inference, as it's really the only thing that it could mean in that context.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-21, 08:04   Link #1286
KimmyChan

But first, before this one, I must check out the first series methinks, lol! Would be sensible!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 17:50   Link #1287
rabi_en_rose
Daikirai.

I do have one question.. In episode 8, at 8:39, Kahoko says (when talking about tsukimori-kun), "He's a general studies student like me so I can't slack off". Was that just a typo in the translation or am I missing something? Tsukimori=music student I thought.

<3 Thx to anyone who answers

Thank you for the signature, Marina!
rabi_en_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 06:50   Link #1288
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_en_rose View Post
I do have one question.. In episode 8, at 8:39, Kahoko says (when talking about tsukimori-kun), "He's a general studies student like me so I can't slack off". Was that just a typo in the translation or am I missing something? Tsukimori=music student I thought.

<3 Thx to anyone who answers
Don't look at me, I translated ep 13-end...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-12-02, 21:54   Link #1289
Enchanted Princess
ピンクの爆発
*Author

This anime has been airing at my country for along time now (early year I think). I've so attach to it since then!! I'm still reading the manga though!!

Last edited by Enchanted Princess; 2009-12-05 at 03:32.
Enchanted Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 13:02   Link #1290
LKK

Section23 has licensed La Corda and plans a sub-only June release.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 19:37   Link #1291
Naiwen

I've only began to watch La corda d'oro and as a classic music lover, I love this anime, especially the passions of the participants. But, I was really surprised that people would treat regulars who enter contests that way. Like when
Spoiler for first selection:
or in
Spoiler for second selection:
I think it's a pretty realistic show.

Tags
musical, romance