AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-08-25, 08:01   Link #9081
Sixth
Hu Tao

Damn it. I have nothing to look forward now in every Wednesday/Thursday. Already missed Bleach.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 08:14   Link #9082
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Damn it. I have nothing to look forward now in every Wednesday/Thursday. Already missed Bleach.
I was trying to not let it get in my head but you just had to remind me

No Bleach this week folks, or the next or any other week
Old 2016-08-25, 09:40   Link #9083
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
No Bleach this week folks, or the next or any other week

The best I could do in 5 min and with tears in my eyes
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-26, 17:06   Link #9084
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
took the words out of my mouth, I would've just sold it and got the money to buy something else if I didn't like how something ended. destroying it is just stupid.

The ending wasn't perfect and it could have been used more efficiently or lengthened to answer some plot holes but I still enjoyed it after following Bleach for so long and seeing how Ichigo had finally found a sense of peace in his life.
This.

Man, I'd just sell off/give away my Bleach merchandise, not burn it or cut it up....
Old 2016-08-28, 13:46   Link #9085
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Well looks like this thread is dead.

Anyways this doesn't cover everything of why bleach fell. But it does a nice job of summarizing the problems that started after the ss arc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA
Old 2016-08-28, 18:48   Link #9086
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Well looks like this thread is dead.

Anyways this doesn't cover everything of why bleach fell. But it does a nice job of summarizing the problems that started after the ss arc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA
What if the last volume explains some of the things that happened to Urahara and the others?
Old 2016-08-29, 13:18   Link #9087
wredsa

I wonder whom Ishida Uryu married.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 15:13   Link #9088
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
It's name is medicine job
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 15:21   Link #9089
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
Loli Nemu/8th Nemu

He's still in his mid-late twenties so might not be married yet.
Old 2016-08-30, 13:39   Link #9090
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2016-08-30, 19:31   Link #9091
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

^ Probably would be funnier if I knew who those people are...
Old 2016-08-30, 20:44   Link #9092
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
^ Probably would be funnier if I knew who those people are...
Shinpachi (in the left) and Gintoki (in the right). The two are from Shonen Jump manga called Gintama which tends to balance comedy and fighting arcs. Gintoki is a Jump reader and often makes references to the series written in Jump such as "Man, I wish I could get a Bankai". When the first OVA was released (before the tv series) they made this

Old 2016-08-31, 01:31   Link #9093
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Man, I'd love to have enough disposable income that I could just set fire to my belongings on a whim.
Makes you wonder why they're even doing it? So they burn the books they bought, the companies they paid to buy the books still have their money, and they no longer have the product they spent the money on.

Just a teensie bit silly no?
Old 2016-08-31, 02:51   Link #9094
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Shinpachi (in the left) and Gintoki (in the right). The two are from Shonen Jump manga called Gintama which tends to balance comedy and fighting arcs. Gintoki is a Jump reader and often makes references to the series written in Jump such as "Man, I wish I could get a Bankai". When the first OVA was released (before the tv series) they made this
I'm still waiting for this movie. trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Just a teensie bit silly no?
Best part is, if they won't go away and still stick around....
Oh god, October I have to endure them again....
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 10:36   Link #9095
Ultragunner

Now that I have the time to look back (still sad ), I have some questions

We know that Ichigo is the ultimate hybrid in the Bleach universe: Shinigami + Hollow + Quincy

Many have referred to Hollow Ichigo as "Vasto Lorde Ichigo" and I can see why, the guy pretty much trashed Ulquiorra, who was in his 2nd Resurrección, though you could argue that Hollow Ichigo was actually Arrancar Ichigo as his shinigami and hollow power fused together (thanks to Isshin mixing his own reiatsu to contain Shirou).
On the other hand, even when nerfed (when old man Zangetsu was holding Ichigo's power), Ichigo, as a shinigami, was on a level of a captain

I have to wonder how strong each part is. Should Ichigo's hollow power alone rival that of a Vasto Lorde? Or should his Shinigami power be at the top of the gotei 13?
Old 2016-09-01, 10:57   Link #9096
Sixth
Hu Tao

I thought that there are a new chapter release when I saw this thread marked "new post" at the forum main page.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 11:35   Link #9097
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Now that I have the time to look back (still sad ), I have some questions

We know that Ichigo is the ultimate hybrid in the Bleach universe: Shinigami + Hollow + Quincy

Many have referred to Hollow Ichigo as "Vasto Lorde Ichigo" and I can see why, the guy pretty much trashed Ulquiorra, who was in his 2nd Resurrección, though you could argue that Hollow Ichigo was actually Arrancar Ichigo as his shinigami and hollow power fused together (thanks to Isshin mixing his own reiatsu to contain Shirou).
On the other hand, even when nerfed (when old man Zangetsu was holding Ichigo's power), Ichigo, as a shinigami, was on a level of a captain

I have to wonder how strong each part is. Should Ichigo's hollow power alone rival that of a Vasto Lorde? Or should his Shinigami power be at the top of the gotei 13?
That's -- actually a really good question, and I apologise in advance for what will basically be an essay.

It's difficult to separate out each of Ichigo's powersets, because they are all so fused together - even in his super happy goat form, he still uses a zanpakuto, after all, and even when out-and-out a shinigami, he still uses getsuga tensho, which we're told is his Hollows' technique and which we're repeatedly reminded is similar in nature to a Cero.

Add to that that you have Ichigo's Quincy powers holding him back for most of the story, and it gets even more confusing.

As far as Ichigo's Quincy powers go, I'd strongly suspect they're about equivalent to Ishida's, since Masaki and Ryuken seem to be about equivalent in terms of power, and since they're both mixed breeds. Except Ishida, of course, actually trains his power and later gets a Schrift, so he might well be a much more powerful Quincy than Ichigo is. He's certainly more skilled.

As far as his Hollow powers go -- well, we see that his super happy goat form is definitely capable of thrashing Ulquiorra, a Vasto Lorde turned arrancar (and remember, becoming an arrancar increases your net power by a pretty significant amount).

It's likely that even in his Segunda Etapa form, Ulquiorra's not more powerful than, say, Harribel, because while he says Aizen has never seen that form, he is very loyal and Aizen is very intelligent, so I very much doubt Aizen didn't know about it, and he gave him '4' as his number anyway. We can probably safely assume that Ulquiorra's Segunda Etapa form is either slightly less powerful or roughly equivalent to Harribel's Resurrecion.

With that in mind, and given how thoroughly Ichigo beat him, I'd posit that Ichigo's Hollow powers are maybe equivalent in strength to Baraggan or Starrk's in their released forms? I'd lean more towards Baraggan than Starrk, though.

Which leads me onto his shinigami powers - it's noteworthy that even with those powers suppressed, and even not using Getsuga Tensho, he was still very nearly a match for Byakuya. Byakuya's probably about midway through the captains, in terms of strength? He's no Yamamoto, Kyoraku, Ukitake, Yoruichi, Urahara, or Unohana, after all, and he's definitely no Aizen, but at the same time, I'd think everything we've seen would suggest he's stronger than Gin, Tousen, Hitsugaya, and Komamura, and probably stronger than Mayuri, as well.

So, I guess the conclusion I'd draw is that Ichigo's shinigami powers, when suppressed by Old Man Zangetsu, are as powerful as a mid-level captain's powers. When not suppressed, we're probably looking at something more like Yamamoto or Unohana.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 13:47   Link #9098
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can't help but reflect back on the old shipping war days So many people got banned...lol
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 03:04   Link #9099
Alchemist007
*Author

And by the end of it, 90% of shipsters on this forum dgaf
Naruto was only a bit more hectic but that ship was a bit less certain. I always thought Bleach was pretty clear.
Old 2016-09-03, 22:40   Link #9100
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
And by the end of it, 90% of shipsters on this forum dgaf
Naruto was only a bit more hectic but that ship was a bit less certain. I always thought Bleach was pretty clear.
Both were painfully obvious. I guess Bleach was a little more so since Rukia and Ichigo don't even live in the same dimension I am curious if Ishida will continue on the Quincy line though. Maybe he's going to get under Ichi's skin and shack up with Karin?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter