Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-09-04, 03:50   Link #9101
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Both were painfully obvious. I guess Bleach was a little more so since Rukia and Ichigo don't even live in the same dimension I am curious if Ishida will continue on the Quincy line though. Maybe he's going to get under Ichi's skin and shack up with Karin?
He could certainly do worse. She filled out quite nicely...
Old 2016-09-05, 18:11   Link #9102
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
I'm still waiting for this movie. trailer

Best part is, if they won't go away and still stick around....
Oh god, October I have to endure them again....
Man this trailer is awesome I would love to see such a movie
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 12:09   Link #9103
kitten320

Wait... Bleach finished?! Like for real?! 0_0

I know there was announcement that it would soon, but knowing Kubo I expected it to be another 5 years.

Damn, unlike Naruto it ended quietly. I heard no news or shipping wars, considering that all famous Ichigo/Rukia lost...

Can't be bothered to read whole thing but did Bleach finally manage to somehow pick itself up? Or did it remain a disaster until the end?

MAn, that's like two biggest shounens finished... even though they became pretty boring, it's still kinda sad... so many years.

I guess One Piece is the only massive oldie still going?
And HxH to an extend too...

So what are the main shounens nowadays?
Fairy Tail
Attack on Titan
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
D.Gray Man
Ao no Exorcist

Any others? All the ones I used to know are finished as far as I know.
Old 2016-09-08, 14:12   Link #9104
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

I know there was announcement that it would soon, but knowing Kubo I expected it to be another 5 years.

Damn, unlike Naruto it ended quietly. I heard no news or shipping wars, considering that all famous Ichigo/Rukia lost...

Can't be bothered to read whole thing but did Bleach finally manage to somehow pick itself up? Or did it remain a disaster until the end?

MAn, that's like two biggest shounens finished... even though they became pretty boring, it's still kinda sad... so many years.

Fairy Tail
Attack on Titan
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
D.Gray Man
Ao no Exorcist

Let`s say .... it ended way too fast . And the saltiness of Bleach fanbase erupted to a new level.... Mostly because of the ships and that ending

I miss bleach as well
Old 2016-09-08, 14:45   Link #9105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Fairy Tail
Attack on Titan
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
D.Gray Man
Ao no Exorcist

It probably would have lasted another five more years if Jump hadn't pulled the plug on it. I saw an average of each series' ranking in Jump for the past few months, and Bleach was dead last alongside another manga that was also canceled.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the flood of tears coming from Ichiruki fans. I guess it just goes to show how unpopular Bleach had become on most sites.

You're missing Boku no Hero Academia, Shokugeki no Soma, and The Seven Deadly Sins (biggest shounen alongside One Piece right now).
Old 2016-09-08, 14:55   Link #9106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Both were painfully obvious. I guess Bleach was a little more so since Rukia and Ichigo don't even live in the same dimension
I see your point but in
Spoiler for spoiler of another series:

Also, Ichigo is still a Shinigami right? If so, does this affect his lifespan like Urahara?

Another question, but did we ever see what was Ichigo's final Bankai could do it? The same as the original one? It felt really underwhelming after so many Shinigamis were epic like Urahara, Yamamoto, Hitsugaya, etc.
Old 2016-09-08, 14:56   Link #9107
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Fairy Tail
Attack on Titan
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
D.Gray Man
Ao no Exorcist

Toriko and Gintama (although these ones are getting close to the finish line), Nanatsu no Taizai (probably the biggest shonen after One Piece right now. And of really good quality, actually), Shokugeki no Soma, Boku no Hero Academia. World Trigger is really growing in popularity (and of Jump's newbies it is the best one, IMO). Black Clover, despite the awful beginning managed to become popular as well.
Well, there's also Hinomaru Zumou, but it never managed to hit big, so it stayed as a middle-class series.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 15:00   Link #9108
sayde

Quote:
All the ones I used to know are finished as far as I know.
One Punch Man got real big thanks to the anime.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 14:04   Link #9109
kitten320

Yeh... Bleach really did die out. Back when I was still following the manga, you could find updates about it everywhere. New AMVs, new art, new blogs and etc. Well it just shows how badly Kubo started to handle things. Too much lost potential. I never thought I would stop keeping up with it and well... I don't think I touched manga for the last 2-3 years now.

Checked the last couple chapters, it did finish quiet suddenly. Well if Kubo ever decided to start new series, I hope he learns from Bleach mistakes.

Ah yeh, deadly sins! Completely skipped my mind even though I liked the anime. Didn't realize Shokugeki was considered Shounen.

Ginatama is coming to an end? Never managed to get into it but isn't it like episodic parody? Hard to imagine it having an ending.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old 2016-09-10, 02:10   Link #9110
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I see your point but in
Spoiler for spoiler of another series:
The problem with this comparison is that neither Ichigo or Rukia have any desire to leave their own world.

I have little doubt personally that Ichigo and Rukia have the closest bond of any characters. But there is no sexual tension. They barely even view one another as being members of the opposite sex. Those are fatal issues when it comes to potential romance.

Ichigo and Orihime aren't as close but they at least view each other as members of the opposite sex. There was also blatant feeling on Orihime's part. They at least had the foundation needed to become a couple.
Old 2016-09-10, 14:48   Link #9111
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The problem with this comparison is that neither Ichigo or Rukia have any desire to leave their own world.

I have little doubt personally that Ichigo and Rukia have the closest bond of any characters. But there is no sexual tension. They barely even view one another as being members of the opposite sex. Those are fatal issues when it comes to potential romance.

Ichigo and Orihime aren't as close but they at least view each other as members of the opposite sex. There was also blatant feeling on Orihime's part. They at least had the foundation needed to become a couple.
This is the perfect explanation for why IchiRuki was never going to be a thing. They care about each other, certainly, but it's not a romantic type of caring at all. Rukia might as well have been Renji, for all the romance Ichigo sent her way, and Rukia was really more asexual throughout the run of the series then anything. The only romantic feelings were Renji toward Rukia and Orihime toward her "Kurosaki-kun", and both of those got rewarded.

It illustrates the problem with shipping, generally. It's always more about what the shippers want than the characters themselves and their actual interactions. There's a reason why bad fanfic writing tends to align with ardent shipping.
Old 2016-09-11, 11:08   Link #9112
Ultragunner

I suddenly have a question popped up in my head: what is the difference between the "East" and "North" of Zanka no Tachi (Yamamoto's bankai)? Aren't they basically the same where anything that get slashed will be wiped out of existence?
Old 2016-09-12, 23:42   Link #9113
OmegaWeaponZ

Well, the ending, despite its rushed nature, was sort of nice, and while I can accept the pairings at the end(which was became more obvious as the series went one), I have but one single quip with the ending:

What the f*** happened to Urahara, Yoruich and co.? Nel went to save them, and then... nothing?

The only ship that I really cared about in this series was Urahara x Yurichi (as crazy and outlandish as some might think), and for characters that played an important role in the series, that's... just sad...

Still, I liked how the end mirror the beginning, name and all.
Old 2016-09-14, 19:47   Link #9114
wredsa

I wish Mr. Kubo Tite had shown Captain Ukitake's Bankai.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 14:36   Link #9115
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I was a bit nostalgic so I read the old copy of Bleach's volume 1 I have and there was a scene in which it looked like Kubo predicted the future:
Rukia: Why are you hiding so much? (to Shinigami Ichigo)
Ichigo: Are you serious? If somebody sees me dressed like this, I'll be taken to Eigamura

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toei_Kyoto_Studio_Park
Old 2016-10-06, 11:07   Link #9116
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The final volume will be released on November 4.
http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/sear...80774-4&mode=1
Old 2016-10-06, 11:31   Link #9117
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I was a bit nostalgic so I read the old copy of Bleach's volume 1 I have and there was a scene in which it looked like Kubo predicted the future:
Rukia: Why are you hiding so much? (to Shinigami Ichigo)
Ichigo: Are you serious? If somebody sees me dressed like this, I'll be taken to Eigamura

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toei_Kyoto_Studio_Park

I dont understand what u mean, can explain?
Old 2016-10-06, 11:42   Link #9118
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
I dont understand what u mean, can explain?
Ichigo was afraid he would be seen by a cinema director with his clothes and zanpakuto and become an actor. Some years later, a Bleach liveaction film was announced.
Old 2016-10-24, 16:52   Link #9119
Galaxian

Final volume cover...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 20:44   Link #9120
cyberdemon

geez just when things started to calm down the war starts again because Ichigo and Rukia got the cover. Even as an Ichihime fan I find the cover highly appropriate. They are where it started and the ending mimics it between Kazui and Ichika. Amazing how many think this is going to change anything about the final chapter.

Tags
bleach, chapter