Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-08-11, 13:54   Link #21
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The left to right thing is really annoying.
It reminds me of the good ol' days when I first started reading Manga and was totally stumped by the right-to-left format.
Old 2020-08-11, 14:04   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
It reminds me of the good ol' days when I first started reading Manga and was totally stumped by the right-to-left format.
What's odd is that I also read a lot manhua (left to right, similar art style). But reading left to right on the mangaplus site just feels unnatural.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 19:52   Link #23
DragonOsman
Dragon King

True.

Anyway. I agree with Mach56gs about the art quality. Hot damn.

Nyarlathotep is from Cthulhu mythos, right? Could that woman be bad news?

And I wonder what'll happen with those videos of Chloe. Hopefully she can explain her way out of this.
Old 2020-08-11, 21:34   Link #24
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
True.

Anyway. I agree with Mach56gs about the art quality. Hot damn.

Nyarlathotep is from Cthulhu mythos, right? Could that woman be bad news?

And I wonder what'll happen with those videos of Chloe. Hopefully she can explain her way out of this.
Really do like Nyar, looks like a mix of Moka and Gyokuro, ha! I like to see that we already have characters that have "history", seems like it will be a nice chance to have some 'worldbuilding'.

I'm really interested in meeting Chloe's manager from the first chapter - I feel like she could serve as a very nice balance for all of this crazy exorcism work. Anyways, as an actress, I think Chloe will always have the excuse of "filming a new project".

Kyo, Kokoa's bat, was hidden in the latest chapter - hope to see more obvious cameos in the future!
Old 2020-08-12, 09:20   Link #25
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Nyarlothotep does seem like a mix of Moka and Gyokuro. I didn't think about that. But given that her name is based on that of an Evil God from Cthulhu mythos, I can't help but think she might be bad news. I also always end up thinking of the Nyarlathotep from Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou who actually is shown as a Cthulhu god, complete with those disgusting tentacles and the power to make humans go mad.

Good point about Chloe's excuse. She really can just say she was filming a new project if someone sees and/or records her doing that stuff. But that has to be more for normal humans who don't know anything about the supernatural. She may still need a way to convince Arkham Bullet.

I do wonder about Nyarlathotep's line "So she's Kai's new master". What happened with his old master? I'm curious.
Old 2020-08-25, 18:33   Link #26
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

New chapter, much shorter ;_;

But still - a very good one! How quickly things move

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2020-08-26, 21:03   Link #27
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder if Chloe could end up with three Familiars here, including Nyar? If she's taken that much of a liking to her, it might actually happen. Of course Kai and Noel would hate it, though.
Old 2020-09-12, 13:44   Link #28
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I wonder if Chloe could end up with three Familiars here, including Nyar? If she's taken that much of a liking to her, it might actually happen. Of course Kai and Noel would hate it, though.
Nyar + Chloe would be a bombshell, that's for sure.

Is there some sort of catch to how many Chloe-forms we'll get? It's kinda hard to distinguish who will possess Chloe and who will remain a supporting character. That said, we only have 4 major characters at the moment (Nyar, Chloe,Kai and Cat-puns-magee).
Old 2020-09-12, 18:22   Link #29
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Now that you mention it, Chloe might really get a boob-size boost when she's possessed by Nyar. That would be good to see. Though I'd love it if she could get bigger boobs naturally, too.
Old 2020-09-13, 04:39   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. The loli with big boobs thing is overdone.
Old 2020-09-13, 11:18   Link #31
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I mean. They might have her body mature too. And besides, Chloe can also just be thought of as being petite with small boobs.
Old 2020-12-15, 16:23   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So I guess there will be a dangerous forbidden technique where she combines with several familiars at the same time to get all their powers?
Old 2020-12-18, 14:21   Link #33
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'd like to see something like that. But as a forbidden technique, it'd likely be very risky to use somehow.
Old 2021-02-22, 16:43   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, that last panel... Is Kai going to use that chain as a garrote, or a bludgeon?
Old 2021-06-18, 13:28   Link #35
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Checkin' in here... Boy the plot has moved quite quickly! We already got to see Nyar and Chloe fuse into a very... Moka-esque battle form - and it was awesome! Old gods, an "elite squad"... looks like Chloe has a lot of battles looking forward!

That said... the pacing of the manga seems rather quick and the sales (understandably) are a low. This is what happens when using such an experimental method of reaching out to consumers i guess?

Besides that, as a quirk of fate, I came across what I find to be the creator's twitter accounts (I think?) Let me know what you think:

Original Account

English Account

The english account has some pretty authentic "behind the scenes" art process. Very cool, even if it's not genuine!
Old 2021-06-18, 18:35   Link #36
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I liked Chloe's possession form with Nyar. Hopefully she'll get strong enough to handle Nyar's power without her body threatening to fall apart like that.

I don't like when the police tries to get involved in this stuff. They never get what's going on. And here they're even holding back the only people that can do something about the situation (which is understandable since to them they're just civilians, but still).

Should Chloe really be trying to do another possession so soon, though? She still hasn't recovered from when Nyar possessed her, so it'd be bad for her to do another possession in her condition wouldn't it?
Old 2021-10-26, 04:58   Link #37
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Story is really heating up, now! New characters and an eerily similar situation as to Akissa’s previous work, Rosario Vampire. Looks like Kai’s gotten a bit unhinged and has a bit of a reputation…

Also phew 😍
Old 2021-10-26, 06:35   Link #38
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
On one hand, the art itself is absolutely phenominal- this guys has skill.

The problem is, the story is almost the complete inverse of his previous work. To put it simply, it's basically a magical girl manga- to more specific, Pretear-esque- but with Lovecraftian horror. I mean, the guys are practically all bishounen and the women really aren't very fanservice-y (even Nyar is only slightly on that side).

At least the plot IS interesting.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 14:06   Link #39
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
On one hand, the art itself is absolutely phenominal- this guys has skill.

The problem is, the story is almost the complete inverse of his previous work. To put it simply, it's basically a magical girl manga- to more specific, Pretear-esque- but with Lovecraftian horror. I mean, the guys are practically all bishounen and the women really aren't very fanservice-y (even Nyar is only slightly on that side).

At least the plot IS interesting.
I can certainly sympathize. Ghost Reaper Girl lacks the clear setting and overarching story that Rosario Vampire had. All of these villains, especially the current ones, appeared out of the blue. There isn’t much of a unifying character arc other than Chloe wanting to be a hero. It’s still a nice read and I enjoy it immensely, but compared to the story of Rosario Vampire and the dramatic romance shared between Tsukune and Moka, this feels a bit weaker. Of course, this is only chapter ~26, so I give it some benefit of the doubt.

I don’t even mind the lack of fan service, I think the girls are wonderful in their own right. Chloe and Shoggy have their moments of adorableness.

(Also, so happy to hear from you magin!! Takes me back to the R+V days.)
Old 2022-06-05, 23:57   Link #40
X207
Gamyūsa

only heard and read about this not that long ago. hoping it was a sequel to RV but it doesnt look like it. the artwork and characters seen nostalgic enough. still hoping to see a anti social ice type girl...
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote