AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-15, 08:33   Link #21601
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I guess when the time comes when I own a variable MS MG, I'll never transform it to Plane Mode, just in case.

How about MG Epyon & MG Wing? Those are also variable MSs. Are their joints rather flimsy too? I'm concerned coz I plan to buy them.
i could tell you the MG Epyon is actually better than i expect when it come to standing on it own. the wing is actually quite heavy, but they redesign this wing so damn big that it actually touch the ground, so it pretty much could be act as the third leg, lol
however, when you try to pose it on a stand, it actually become a little problem, since the hip joint is a bit different from the other the little part that hold the suit on a stand can't really hold all the weight.
for MG Wing, i could only tell you the ver. ka. which i don't found any major problem at all. i don't know about the new version tho.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 08:55   Link #21602
Appel

Quote:
I guess when the time comes when I own a variable MS MG, I'll never transform it to Plane Mode, just in case.

How about MG Epyon & MG Wing? Those are also variable MSs. Are their joints rather flimsy too? I'm concerned coz I plan to buy them.
those two are alright. their transformation isnt as complicated, you just twist around a few limbs and thats it^^ i have the MG wing EW and the MG wing zero EW.
but models like the ReZEL, the zeta or the delta plus transform in a much more complicated fashion. the entire frame is built to transform which makes it a little flimsy most of the time...

edit: id like to note though that the ReZEL is still in stock and 40% off at HLJ^^ despite its rather week ankles its still an awesome and rather unique looking kit and i can totally recommend it! http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN965298

Last edited by Appel; 2011-08-15 at 11:50.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 07:06   Link #21603
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Just arrived today. Bought it in the online site of a local hobby shop within my country because it was discounted.

I still don't know why I bought this one just now after nearly a year since its release.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 07:15   Link #21604
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Man, seeing that, I wish I had extra money to buy 00 Qan[T] Metal Build. It looks georgeous.

Oh yeah, thanx for your previous replies Chiu fan, Skyboy & Appel!

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-08-16 at 10:35. Reason: Missed one person to thank.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 07:20   Link #21605
Appel

Quote:
Man, seeing that, I wish I had extra money to buy 00 Qan[T] Metal Build. It looks georgeous.
OOQ metal build? i dont think there is a model like that. the only metal builds so far are the OO gundam seven sword/g, the O raiser and soon the rx-78-2 gundam "the origin" version.

i also just mixed some paits to get rid of the nubs on my MG delta plus. they were REALLY nasty on that kit and i just had to get rid of them XP they were SUCH an eyesore to me!
Old 2011-08-16, 07:29   Link #21606
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
OOQ metal build? i dont think there is a model like that. the only metal builds so far are the OO gundam seven sword/g, the O raiser and soon the rx-78-2 gundam "the origin" version.

i also just mixed some paits to get rid of the nubs on my MG delta plus. they were REALLY nasty on that kit and i just had to get rid of them XP they were SUCH an eyesore to me!
Ohh? It's not? So, maybe what I've seen is not a Metal Build?! My bad, I gotta recheck.

Good luck with the paint. Post me the result ^^.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:30   Link #21607
Appel

Quote:
Ohh? It's not? So, maybe what I see is not a Metal Build?! My bad, I gotta recheck.
what exactly did you see? maybe give us a link?^^ im interested, too. maybe you are right and it is a metal build^^
Old 2011-08-16, 07:39   Link #21608
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
what exactly did you see? maybe give us a link?^^ im interested, too. maybe you are right and it is a metal build^^
It's not from a link actually. I saw it in a store and from the size & composition, it looks like metal build. Still, the owner of the store likes to mod his models, so maybe it's just a mod of Metal Build 7 Sword or something else. I forgot to ask him.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:50   Link #21609
Appel

Quote:
It's not from a link actually. I saw it in a store and from the size & composition, it looks like metal build. Still, the owner of the store likes to mod his models, so maybe it's just a mod of Metal Build 7 Sword or something else. I forgot to ask him.
yeah, probably. only the frame is made of metal as far as i know so it would be easy to mod the rest with pieces from the MG OOQ.
Old 2011-08-16, 10:47   Link #21610
kakakka

That's a card from a set that was being promoted with Gundam AGE.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 11:07   Link #21611
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Box Art: Gundam Age GB 1/100 RGE-B790 Genoace

Well, here comes another barrage of HG 1/100s. Some said that this is not the final box-art though.
That's not the boxart. That's a Gundam TRY Age card.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 11:09   Link #21612
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Really?? I knew there's something suspicious about this. My Bad
Old 2011-08-16, 11:41   Link #21613
Appel

i took the time and transformed my delta plus...

first time i have ever transformed a kit :P what a drag! XD i know why i hate transforming suits...

but it looks pretty neat. way better than other waveriders!
Old 2011-08-16, 12:01   Link #21614
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
first time i have ever transformed a kit :P what a drag! XD i know why i hate transforming suits...
LOL, apparently you haven't touched the latest Macross kits... those things are delicate mofos!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 12:02   Link #21615
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Looks cool. And I see that the paint-job are done well.

The question is: which form do you prefer to display?
Old 2011-08-16, 12:14   Link #21616
Appel

Quote:
Looks cool. And I see that the paint-job are done well.

The question is: which form do you prefer to display?
the MS mode. the waverider looks ok and is rather stable but i just prefer the looks of the MS mode^^
Old 2011-08-16, 13:53   Link #21617
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
I also agree. I myself prefer to Mobile Suit in the normal form rather than transformed.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:34   Link #21618
skyboy928

come to think of it, it's seem whenever if there's a successful Macross series, Gundam will have a transformable kit eventually. wonder if that is actually true tho
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 14:48   Link #21619
Araxiel

An Astraea Type-F turned up on my doorstep today. This is fated to be dismantled for use in a couple of customs [the Type-F's a great kit to get if you're making custom OO kits, purely because it has about a dozen weapons] but I decided to have a bit of fun and assemble it as Exia.
So here's the 'Red Exia' you'd get from the Type-F. [I had the rubber shoulder bits left over from the Exia I used for my Virsago's joints].
Old 2011-08-16, 16:32   Link #21620
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
So here's the 'Red Exia' you'd get from the Type-F. [I had the rubber shoulder bits left over from the Exia I used for my Virsago's joints].
Wow, Char's Exia!
Hmm...for a second there, I thought it was Trans-am Exia.

Okay, to correct my previous mistake, here's the REAL (I hope) pics for:
GB 1/100 Gafran (did I spell it right?)

and GB 1/100 Genoace

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-08-16 at 16:50.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy