AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-02, 09:54   Link #21
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gknight
chance for shounen ai? ^^"
doesn't seem so... sorry for misleading you earlier
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 10:16   Link #22
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I suppose that depends on how you define it.
I think catching her when she was about to fall down the stairs is a form of "service" or this show. (whenever they go slow motion and show stars and bubbles everywhere) At least
its completely inoffensive, whereas some people are bothered by panchira.
My definition of fanservice is basically unecessary nudity. ^_^; Panty shots, giant boobs in the camera all the time, hot springs gags, etc. (think Negima!) That kind of stuff makes me feel uncomfortable. All the Kiniro characters do in SPARKLE, and I've read enough shoujo manga to be immune to their sparkles. The characters here are pretty, but at least they all have their clothes on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknight
chance for shounen ai? ^^"
Given the nature of the video game, probably not. The characters are a bit distant from eachother.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 12:58   Link #23
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Given the nature of the video game, probably not. The characters are a bit distant from eachother.
oh well, thanks anyway.
it's ok furrball!
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 13:16   Link #24
martino
makes no files now

Wait a minute...is this romance or what???
Old 2006-10-02, 18:16   Link #25
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Just watched ep. 1. I think it's a decent show so far. There are some funny moments. The amount of bishies scares me a little, but at least the female lead has some personality and doesn't look like a damsel in distress (unlike some other shoujo anime).
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 02:14   Link #26
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I kinda wish this was a musical harem anime, not a bishie anime, because the musical aspects really interest me. Having said that, I still might watch it just because of the musical elements. I am a band nerd after all!

Full impressions with OP and ED here!
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 09:47   Link #27
andromeda0201

for some reason the colorful hair of all the bishies remind me of Harukanaru, lol! is this suppose to be a trend in dating sims?
well i liked the mood of the first episode, it gave a nice sweet feel and the opening theme especially was very nice
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 14:45   Link #28
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
And that's why it's FULL of fanservice.

This anime goes far beyond the level of "unusuall pretty". It's not just the characters being unusually pretty - the girls look normal, but the guys are way-over-the-top "Moe" (c) Renge. It's the whole method of displaying them like some kind of male *jigolos, they totally look like they can start confessing their love at any moment.

*had another similar word here, but self-censored to make it less harsh.

Oh that's what I said about Suzumiya Haruhi. All the girls are all friggin' moe and drawn in that generic moe style everybody thinks is just crazy pretty. I for one, wasn't a fan of it, too much female moe. You can have girls in a different style and still be cute :x

Male moe? Mmm, this anime just screams that. But hey, it was based off a dating sim, OF COURSE they gotta look attractive. But the female characters look attractive as well, I guess it just depends on your taste. Kahoka looks pretty for being our main character. Usually female leads in shoujo anime are just normal looking

I really liked the first episode, I got the feeling that the series'll give me that fluffy feeling inside once it's done, hopefully. Animation and music has time to improve, so far, it's pretty good. This series seems promising, definately one I'll keep watching.

The manga comes out in the US by Viz this month~
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 16:57   Link #29
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
for some reason the colorful hair of all the bishies remind me of Harukanaru, lol! is this suppose to be a trend in dating sims?
well i liked the mood of the first episode, it gave a nice sweet feel and the opening theme especially was very nice
That's probably because both the "La Corda d'Oro" and "Harukanaru Toki no Naka de" game series are produced by the company Koei. Corda + Harukanaru + Angelique make up Koei's "Neo Romance" label -- romance video games targetted at girls (Angelique was the first such game for girls). All 3 series have become quite popular, so all 3 have been adapted into TV anime~~

American licensors have been looking into tapping this fanbase. I hope they go through with it and bring the games over here! They're awesome simulation games with good stories and unique game elements (some are RPGs, some are sim city-esque with romance, and Corda is a music trainer game..!), so they're fun even for those who don't really want the romance.
Old 2006-10-09, 05:00   Link #30
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I have to admit that the only reason I'm watching this series is because I find myself curious about the songs played in it. I know I've heard them before (and in the case of the brief bit with the trumpeter, even played it in band once), but the actual names escape me at the moment.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 05:46   Link #31
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I have to admit that the only reason I'm watching this series is because I find myself curious about the songs played in it. I know I've heard them before (and in the case of the brief bit with the trumpeter, even played it in band once), but the actual names escape me at the moment.
Was the trumpet a bit of Jeremiah Clarke? Sounded like one of his trumpet voluntaries or something. It could have been Hummel though. I recognised Morning Mood from Peer Gynt by Grieg (flute piece) and I think the violin piece was Paganini. Not sure about the cello piece though, Schubert?

I know I'm completely the wrong demographic for this show, but I did enjoy the brief musical interludes. Doesn't everyone have such nice hair
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 15:55   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

More music in ep2. Especially Ave Maria (Schubert). Two different violin performances of it, I think. And one on trumpet (!). Plus more classical BGM.

I can't claim that the plot is following unexpected lines, but it's working for me. Good feelings.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 16:49   Link #33
domino
デレデレ

Ave Maria!! The first song I learned when playing the "La Corda" video game.. (I was bad at it and no one clapped for me, ahaha...)

But like other people, I find that the plot isn't unique or amazing, but I still find myself captivated by its beauty. I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I see people play instruments. It's making me want to go out and learn how to play a violin or something...

I looked for the manga for this in Borders today but it looks like it's not there yet. Though I hear Viz's translation of it is shaky. They can't seem to decide whether they want to call the blue-haired character "Ren" or "Len"...

And for the record (especially if the group fansubbing this series reads this ), that character's name is Len with an L and NOT "Ren". ^_^; He says it specifically in the game and will get mad at you if you mistake his initials for "T.R." instead of "T.L." I hope Viz figures that out...
Old 2006-10-09, 19:02   Link #34
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

I haven't played the game, but I have read several volumes of manga on this. It seems they are following the plot pretty closely. One thing that is good about this show is that the main girl, Kahoko, is not useless like the ones in other similar shows.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:25   Link #35
SinsI

Episode 2 - boring...
Quote:
I can't claim that the plot is following unexpected lines
Everything was very much cliche and completely predictable.
Music was the only good thing - and I'm not speaking of those mediocre OP/EDs! Classic melodies were as good as always... meaning, creators couldn't even come out with something original of their own(Fullmoon, anyone?).
I might try one or two more episodes but so far this is my first drop-out from the "fall anime to watch" list.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:29   Link #36
chucky
Always impatient

I watched the first episode... well, same stuff, not very intriguing.

If the series means to be dating and bishonen blah blah, I dont think it will have any redeeming facets -- but if it manages to focus signficantly on music and keep it, eh, more "educational" (did anyone of you notice the quiz at the end?), maybe it will salvage the show a bit.

But well, having read the reactions from you guys, I doubt there will be anything new that will prolong my attention span beyond 3 episodes. I can sort of guess what happens.. eh, the blue hair pretty boy will fall for kahoko, and she needs to pick between the tall guy and him......*yawn~~~* typical pairing up all possible couple permutation and then kahoko will find herself in love of music, give a magnificient performance in the ending and pick the ordinary guy.....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:40   Link #37
Srin Tuar
無謀

I like the fact that she seemed to be studying hard.
I don't quite like the idea of the magical violin letting her get skilled faster than other people.
Like she says herself, its not fair.

Someone's dedication to music will show up after years of dedication. Any random person off the street can have intense feelings for music for a week or so, no big deal. But sticking with something for years and years is far more meaningful, imo.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 23:52   Link #38
Greenish Growth

So what did the blue hair guy tell Kahoko on the stairway in the second episode?

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2006-10-11 at 02:32.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 02:10   Link #39
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
So what did the blue hair guy tell Kahoko on the stairway in the second episode?
What Ren told her was that her skills are far from what a contender in the musical competition is supposed to have.. that's why she was stunned by the comment (made her feel really down.. >_>)

and then after saying that comment, Ren thinks to himself and says something like, '...there really is a gap in terms of her musical abilities, however' --> quite astonished with the fact that she just heard the music once yet she could already play it (thinking that perhaps she's a musical genius... ^^;
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 22:04   Link #40
Greenish Growth

Thanks for the explanation. That scene makes more sense now.

I'd give you a rep. point, but I am unable to do so.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
musical, romance