AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-08-12, 15:54   Link #701
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Moonphase was wrong already at one time, when they said it was going to be Haruhi 2 this year (fall was it? I don't remember exactly when). While they have been on the spot in most occasions and as such has a good track record, they've also been wrong. So while I would take their word as being the most probable, I'd still take it with a box full of salt.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 16:07   Link #702
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Moonphase was wrong already at one time, when they said it was going to be Haruhi 2 this year (fall was it? I don't remember exactly when).
Actually, no. I can quote that report. They made only one entry prior to the report of the official announcement from NewType's August issue. They appropriately labeled it as [rumor] and they didn't mention any specific timeframe. However, they did add a postscript later on where they did mention either autumn 2007 or winter.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 00:51   Link #703
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
With Haruhi/Clannad, we've seen three different schedule reports (Haruhi pushed ahead to Fall 2007, Clannad delayed in favor of Haruhi via a secret KyoAni document from March, intertwined airing of the two series) over the past year. Each time, people have propagated these rumors as official info rather than unconfirmed rumblings.

In that sense, you've got to take rumors with a grain of salt, regardless of where they originate from.
I just don't believe what anybody says anymore until I see it with my own eyes with all the official information on it. I mean when Haruhi Season II was announced like 3 times prior to this one I stopped buying any info anybody said about the franchise. Then there was Gundam Seed Eternity, Mai Hime Destiny and......yeah when there's a specific cause behind a rumour it should be even harder to believe.

Perhaps my all time favourite was when some forum had Prism Ark attributed to Kyoani and so many people seemed to buy it and then it was disproven and everybody got all pouty (Even though it was still coming out). Well, that's why you shouldn't believe rumours.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 01:20   Link #704
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I will also be taking news as it comes. But to rumours, I won't be believing any of it.

The only reason I saw Haruhi's "announcement" as being on the 070707 was because of the Tanabata Festival which just coincided with events in that promotional video. So far there has been no other promotion regarding that series, and I wouldn't expect it either until after Clannad has completed its run.

This again is my 2 cents worth, so it's probably as reliable as wikipedia... XD

But yeah, back to the topic at hand, which is Clannad. We can speculate all we want about how long the series will be, but in the end, it's still going to be a KyoAni masterpiece, judging from the praise of Episode 1 so far.

Just sit back, be patient and wait for the next morsals of information.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 01:44   Link #705
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I will also be taking news as it comes. But to rumours, I won't be believing any of it.

The only reason I saw Haruhi's "announcement" as being on the 070707 was because of the Tanabata Festival which just coincided with events in that promotional video. So far there has been no other promotion regarding that series, and I wouldn't expect it either until after Clannad has completed its run.

This again is my 2 cents worth, so it's probably as reliable as wikipedia... XD

But yeah, back to the topic at hand, which is Clannad. We can speculate all we want about how long the series will be, but in the end, it's still going to be a KyoAni masterpiece, judging from the praise of Episode 1 so far.

Just sit back, be patient and wait for the next morsals of information.
Well I had a different example in mind (A Code Geass one), but here's one people are likely to be more accepting of:

Like with the people who thought Haruhi wasn't going to turn into the phenomenon, one episode is definitely too early to start calling something a masterpiece or an outright failure, the two opposite extremes. Also, keep in mind that there's always a massive amount of praise for everything they do. Anytime I hear something about the latest episode of Lucky Star being spectactular for whatever reason, I'm always very skeptical until I see it for myself for the very reason that I'm only getting one very hyped up interpretation of each episode as it airs. As such this is definitely one of those things I take with a grain of salt, like I do when a Movie Trailer is telling me what select critics say about the film. I don't know about others philosophy, but mine. has always been "Make No Extreme Assumptions".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:03   Link #706
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Don't worry, people that are usually into VN are not into hyped shows. And they also don't exaggerate. If they think it is something good, they will praise it because it really is good (although, I can't say that everyone is like that). But don't forget that they still (or might) prefer VN adaptation

Anyway, I just remembered something about Moon Phase's first episode review... Did he say Nagisa's first word was
Spoiler:
? What happened to
Spoiler:
or did they change the
Spoiler:
part and changed it to
Spoiler:
or did they do something different in their first meeting?
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:25   Link #707
rg4619

There's plenty of room for them to screw up along the way, especially if Clannad is as difficult to adapt as people suggest. The first episode might be good, but there's no guarantee that the series won't go down in flames as it progresses.

I'd expect production quality to remain top notch, though (and to emphasize, fantastic production quality doesn't necessarily equate to a masterpiece or even a good show). We can probably count on that much, unless something goes horribly wrong.

Quote:
Don't worry, people that are usually into VN are not into hyped shows. And they also don't exaggerate. If they think it is something good, they will praise it because it really is good (although, I can't say that everyone is like that).
Logically speaking, I doubt the VN fandom is any more immune to hype than anyone else.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:54   Link #708
amoirsp

It's usually not the first episode that would generate the problem. Though, it is still important that it flows well so that it sets the initial tone correctly.

Quite frankly, since the absolute beginning isn't really adjusted (and because it's an adaptation, of course something may be adjusted with ease), it was also never the difficulty that Kyoani would run into. In fact, the beginning should be the less difficult part to adapt because you don't have as many cohesion issues.

The possible issues weren't really concentrated in the beginning since those are mostly introductory.

The art likely will not be any issue whatsoever. It is always the issue of momentum or character usage balance. Previous two works had that issue, and Clannad, you have even more characters and a longer story, which could lead to more potential problems.
(This is much different than Haruhi since the chronology of that does not include alternate paths of the same duration, despite time travel. Naturally, any VN or ADV would have this issue no matter how it is approached.)

My expectations are not really high. If I do not think about it much, it will be more interesting to set the mood to watch it. I wouldn't ever say masterpiece, but I would hope it would flow with proper continuity. Unfortunately, this time around I have a better idea of the content of the game, as opposed to previously, making it even easier to be disappointed in an aspect of the anime.

I am satisfied that it seems that Clannad would be in the Fall. The emphasis portraying its upcoming seemed right. I liked the story, and hope that the anime's plus won't just be in its concentrated art. At least it seems like so far some weaknesses from previous works would balanced off, so there's some sense of improvement.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 06:09   Link #709
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

[Snarky]
  • 1-cour: CLANNAD fans commit ritual suicide. Haruhi fans chuckle and rub their hands in glee. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 2-cour: CLANNAD fans grit their teeth and sigh. Haruhi fans grit their teeth and wait impatiently. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 3-cour: CLANNAD fans erupt in joyous rapture. Haruhi fans start mass trolling the CLANNAD forums. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 4-cour: CLANNAD fans start pledging their first-born to KyoAni. Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide. FMP! fans cry some dark forsaken corner.
Munto fans? Munto fans wait for Hell to freeze over.

[/Snarky]

Cheers.
Old 2007-08-13, 07:53   Link #710
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
So you're saying I'm screwed royally anyway? Because I'm a Clannad, Haruhi, FMP, and Munto fan, lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 08:27   Link #711
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[Snarky]
  • 1-cour: CLANNAD fans commit ritual suicide. Haruhi fans chuckle and rub their hands in glee. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 2-cour: CLANNAD fans grit their teeth and sigh. Haruhi fans grit their teeth and wait impatiently. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 3-cour: CLANNAD fans erupt in joyous rapture. Haruhi fans start mass trolling the CLANNAD forums. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
  • 4-cour: CLANNAD fans start pledging their first-born to KyoAni. Haruhi fans commit ritual suicide. FMP! fans cry some dark forsaken corner.
Munto fans? Munto fans wait for Hell to freeze over.

[/Snarky]

Cheers.
Or of course they could make it 5-cour, in which case Haruhiists will march up to Kyoto animation and start a massacre.

I hope it's 3 cour. Haruhi can wait, they've already had a series. Besides, there are always the light novels to read.
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 09:04   Link #712
velocity7

Confirmed at:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/clannad/

As announced and reported by MOON PHASE as well as houkoholic, CLANNAD is to air October 4, 2007, 25:55. Stations are MBS, CBC, and BS-i, as MOON PHASE reported.

New confirmed seiyuu:

Quote:
Sagara Misae: Yukino Satsuki
Miyazawa Yukine: Enomoto Atsuko
Furukawa Sanae: Inoue Kikuko
Old 2007-08-13, 09:33   Link #713
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[Snarky][list][*]1-cour: CLANNAD fans commit ritual suicide. Haruhi fans chuckle and rub their hands in glee. FMP! fans cry in some dark forsaken corner.
[/Snarky]
what's the different between 1 cour <splited> 1 cour and 2-cours?

since you'll see them all eventually, does it matter that clannad is splited by haruhi?
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 10:19   Link #714
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Confirmed at:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/clannad/

As announced and reported by MOON PHASE as well as houkoholic, CLANNAD is to air October 4, 2007, 25:55. Stations are MBS, CBC, and BS-i, as MOON PHASE reported.

New confirmed seiyuu:
When they say 25:55, do they mean 1:55 in the morning of the 4th, or of the 5th?
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 10:21   Link #715
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
what's the different between 1 cour <splited> 1 cour and 2-cours?

since you'll see them all eventually, does it matter that clannad is splited by haruhi?
Well, sure it does -- it breaks the flow of the story, splits up the DVDs into two seperate runs, and throws the production teams for a bit of a loop as they have to "switch modes" (even if they had largely separate teams working on both productions). It'd be one thing for a comedy, or something clearly designed to be told in multiple parts, but I highly doubt this will be that sort of adaptation. Momentum is very important in a story, I think.

(Not to mention, Haruhi airing in the Winter makes no sense, because Kadokawa won't want to solicit Haruhi DVDs until Lucky Star's DVD run is complete in May, meaning Haruhi won't air 'till April at the earliest. It also makes no sense for Kyoto Animation to pre-empt/interrupt a production they already committed to a long time ago (probably before the original Haruhi season aired). All in all, the "split airing" rumour is just as bad as the "delayed to Fall 2008" rumour/speculation from a few weeks ago. Unless Kyoto Animation has expanded enough to see two productions released at once, Clannad will take the Fall and Winter slots, with Haruhi to follow in the spring. At least, I think that's the most reasonable speculation one can make.)

And yeah, ChrissieXD, it means 1:55am on October 5th.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 12:33   Link #716
hadora

Here's the ending of Clannad ,Dango DaiKazoku, recorded during the TBS anime Festa
http://rapidshare.com/files/48712831...6063_.mp3.html
I'm not a regular poster but I thought some people here would be interested.
hadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 14:09   Link #717
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadora View Post
Here's the ending of Clannad ,Dango DaiKazoku, recorded during the TBS anime Festa
http://rapidshare.com/files/48712831...6063_.mp3.html
I'm not a regular poster but I thought some people here would be interested.
Thanks for the link. The song was just like how I pictured it from the game. Dango~ Dango~

...why are my eyes watery?
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 14:50   Link #718
velocity7

Because it's Dango Daikazoku, that's why.
Old 2007-08-13, 14:53   Link #719
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Velocity, I posted your information about when Clannad will air in another forum [I quoted you, and even provided the original quote]. I hope you don't mind.

Edit: I should have asked for permission first. Sorry.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 14:55   Link #720
velocity7

That's cool.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen