AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-05, 12:24   Link #5361
Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Eh, if Touma didn't kick Index back to UK or to Kanzaki/whoever after all the head-biting, just being 'annoying' isn't going to phase him. The only one that I recall getting Touma into being pissed off was Lessar, actually.

Then again, it's not like Mikoto has a chance for romance if she can't even get Touma to be interested in her Touma has to date NO 'dokidoki' reactions to her whatsoever, not even #10032 by proxy of sharing similar body sizes to Mikoto (back at the end of Remnant arc Touma was more surprised by #10032's state of undress than any feelings of arousal) Index AFAIK has at least one case of Touma's thoughts noting she's beautiful
Thats not completely true. In the fifth Light Novel, when Misaka is leaning closer to him to help him with his homework he is actually worried that he might do something bad because she smells so nice. (Interstingly thats one of the few times she is not Tsun in his presence...So you can think for yourself what would happen if she could maybe hold that state for longer then ten seconds around him...) Additionally in close to every introduction of Misaka Mikoto it is noted that she is a "natural good looking girl" so she doesnt need make up or things like that to be pretty. Since most of the Novels are written from Toumas point of view, I guess that means its his opionion on Misaka.

Iam pretty sure that, if Kamachi would just stop with his "oh important stuff regarding romantic development happened...lets forget about it the next volume" attitude, Misaka could finally evolve from her "starting to get annoying" tsun tsun form and become dere and from there on get some serious development in many fronts.

Now we get this very interesting new character with Misaki (who has a god damn perfect smile) who is the perfect opportunity to not just bring out the best of Touma, but also to help Mikoto noticing her problems. I mean we got already a little bit of that in the Manga and in the Light Novel where she is teasing Mikoto...I can only hope that just this once Kamachi takes this perfect opportunity and does not let it slip like so often...

TLR: Blah Blah stuff about Toumas opinion on Mikoto. And if Kamachi doesnt use this opportunity there is a chance Misaki might end up like a lot of the "once used never mentioned again" girls. And damn that would be a shame.

(And to a lot of the other posts in between...Well Touma DOES state that he is a fan of the "Onee-San" type women, who are older and have big breasts)
Old 2013-09-05, 13:23   Link #5362
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
who is the perfect opportunity to not just bring out the best of Touma, but also to help Mikoto noticing her problems
Quote:
help Mikoto noticing her problems
It's the complete opposite, she's forcing her to stay tsun against her own will.
Old 2013-09-05, 13:33   Link #5363
Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It's the complete opposite, she's forcing her to stay tsun against her own will.
If you mean the "First" meeting of Touma and Misaki in the Manga and a certain situation in a certain High School about test enrollment, then yes. I didnt think about those at first you are right.

I guess we have to learn more about Misakis character and her future relationship with Mikoto. I guess she is not the kind of girl who would help her rival to come across her issues (after all "girls are really selfish" as she herself said)...making you even moreso right.

Still i have a feeling that i cant really explain that out of those situations or a simple talk between Misaki and Touma there is a good chance something might happen for Mikoto as well.

Anyway even though iam a die hard Mikoto fan, i am really interested in seeing more ToumaxMisaki and be it only for the development of the rest of the harem.
(Hell imagine character development for Index O.O ... I would be pleasently shocked....hehe)
Old 2013-09-05, 13:37   Link #5364
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
If you mean the "First" meeting of Touma and Misaki in the Manga and a certain situation in a certain High School about test enrollment, then yes. I didnt think about those at first you are right.
Not really that, I was actually referencing the events in Index NT8 chap1.
Old 2013-09-05, 13:40   Link #5365
Nym

Quote:
Not really that, I was actually referencing the events in Index NT8 chap1.
Curse you!

I wanted to wait till the whole Volume is finished... =(

Ah whatever...reading part 1!
BRB
Old 2013-09-05, 13:43   Link #5366
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Curse you!

I wanted to wait till the whole Volume is finished... =(

Ah whatever...reading part 1!
BRB
... oh, damn. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to. ('・ω・`)

EDIT : Again, I'm really sorry. ('・ω・`)
Old 2013-09-05, 13:53   Link #5367
Nym

Quote:
... oh, damn. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to. ('・ω・`)

EDIT : Again, I'm really sorry. ('・ω・`)
Dont worry it doesnt really matter anyway when exactly i read it. And i have to say i am just a quarter through and i already have a lot to snicker about. I dont regret anything!! =D

(Btw cute smile =P)
Old 2013-09-05, 14:59   Link #5368
Nym

Done reading. And hell it was good. Once again i wish there was a way to buy the Novels in a language i understand around here, but i fear that will never happen =(

But that was a great teaser =D
Thanks for bringing me to read it. (Although now i have to wait like forever for more T.T)

But back to the main topic of this thread.

I really want to know with what kind of epic maneuver Kamachi will finish this story arc, so that everything fits the context of the Novels in the end. I hope it is not some self explanation thing in the end like "Misaki deletes everyones memorys even Toumas and Mikotos even though its deemed impossible because apple!"
Old 2013-09-05, 17:15   Link #5369
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Thats not completely true. In the fifth Light Novel, when Misaka is leaning closer to him to help him with his homework he is actually worried that he might do something bad because she smells so nice. (Interstingly thats one of the few times she is not Tsun in his presence...So you can think for yourself what would happen if she could maybe hold that state for longer then ten seconds around him...) Additionally in close to every introduction of Misaka Mikoto it is noted that she is a "natural good looking girl" so she doesnt need make up or things like that to be pretty. Since most of the Novels are written from Toumas point of view, I guess that means its his opionion on Misaka.
Fair enough on the 'smell' point, though IMO Touma noting Mikoto's looks was just something intellectual/objective and it didn't matter to him about Mikoto's looks. If noting other girls look good is all that's needed, Seria, Hyouka, and Himegami and so on would probably have a much larger presence romantically.
Old 2013-09-05, 17:26   Link #5370
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Still, that doesn't stop Mikoto from having a wet dream about her having a bath with Touma.
When was that again?
Old 2013-09-05, 17:44   Link #5371
Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Fair enough on the 'smell' point, though IMO Touma noting Mikoto's looks was just something intellectual/objective and it didn't matter to him about Mikoto's looks. If noting other girls look good is all that's needed, Seria, Hyouka, and Himegami and so on would probably have a much larger presence romantically.
Thats definitely true. And its also right that he mentions Index's good looks more then any other as far as i remember. (At least in the first few novels...it seems Touma grows denser as the novels processes further -.-)

On a off topic sidenote, I just read the crossover between OreImo and Index. Hilarious.

But damn...Touma is surrounded by nothing but good looking girls...so i guess the normal kind of mentioning it (like as you said with Mikoto) doesnt mean anything anymore... =(
Old 2013-09-05, 18:21   Link #5372
Goldzero

Quote:
Thats definitely true. And its also right that he mentions Index's good looks more then any other as far as i remember. (At least in the first few novels...it seems Touma grows denser as the novels processes further -.-)

On a off topic sidenote, I just read the crossover between OreImo and Index. Hilarious.

But damn...Touma is surrounded by nothing but good looking girls...so i guess the normal kind of mentioning it (like as you said with Mikoto) doesnt mean anything anymore... =(
looks aren't everything especially if the girls are completely insane which makes you want to avoid them romantically.
Old 2013-09-05, 19:43   Link #5373
Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
looks aren't everything especially if the girls are completely insane which makes you want to avoid them romantically.
Hmm well yes but its academy city. iam pretty sure they have different definitions of "batshit crazy" then we have. and to be honest of the girls who are really close to Touma, i wouldn count anyone to "crazy".
dangerous as hell? yes. Unbelievable annoying? some of them. but crazy? like mugino crazy? not sure about that.

of course you can argue which girls could even reach mugino crazy level...except for uiharu without flowers. (shooting at people with electricity able to kill or chomping your head so hard you nearly drop dead might count as crazy for some people as well...but yet again...its academy city)

The one i could actually imagine being the craziest among them would be Misaki after i read the Teaser for NT8 (in a...good (?) way)

but i guess that also depends on whom you count to "close to touma"
Old 2013-09-05, 20:26   Link #5374
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The craziest girl in raildex is obvious... I figured it out after the NT 8 spoilers...
Old 2013-09-05, 20:31   Link #5375
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
The craziest girl in raildex is obvious... I figured it out after the NT 8 spoilers...
So, can we assume that Misaki is madly in love with Touma?

Really, I think I've gone crazy for too long.
Old 2013-09-05, 21:16   Link #5376
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So, can we assume that Misaki is madly in love with Touma?

Really, I think I've gone crazy for too long.
I think we can assume that she is madly in love with him. Now the question is... why?
Old 2013-09-05, 22:49   Link #5377
Goldzero

Quote:
I think we can assume that she is madly in love with him. Now the question is... why?
i hope its not the cliche "touma saves girl then wins her heart routine".
Old 2013-09-05, 23:47   Link #5378
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i hope its not the cliche "touma saves girl then wins her heart routine".
Why not?... If what he did was big enough... I would understand why she would love him. I mean just consider what he already did for Mikoto. And she doesn't even know he lost his memories, imagine if she found out!
Old 2013-09-06, 00:41   Link #5379
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Why not?... If what he did was big enough... I would understand why she would love him. I mean just consider what he already did for Mikoto. And she doesn't even know he lost his memories, imagine if she found out!
You mean if Misaki finds out? I think she already knows. Otherwise, she would probably be a bit surprised that he doesn't know her.
Old 2013-09-06, 00:57   Link #5380
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
You mean if Misaki finds out? I think she already knows. Otherwise, she would probably be a bit surprised that he doesn't know her.
Yeah, she already knew he has 'amnesia', judging from Touma's body language. So she pretend that she met him for the first time. But, when she held his left arm, it implied that her and Touma probably had a relationship before Touma lose his memories. As well as a notion to make Touma to recognize her again.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen