Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 17:13   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The MAL manga recommendations might be of interest (disclaimer: except for Aoi Hana I haven't read any of the works listed there).
I've read and seen Paradise Kiss, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Hourou Musuko.
Old 2011-01-20, 21:16   Link #142
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Since when did Anna get a new boyfriend?
I know, right?
Anna and Shuu were so adorable together.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 06:15   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
I know, right?
Anna and Shuu were so adorable together.
I still have my hopes up that we'll see the two together again. It was easily my favourite part of the manga, and it's a couple that could easily happen again with some work.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:07   Link #144
Diedrupo

I really liked the Anna and Shu coupling as well, however, I highly doubt it could work out. I honestly don't know what direction the author is taking Shu. Are we going to see Shu transition properly? And if so, will she be dating men or women? Could she even hook up with Doi? There's a lot of unknowns at this point.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:28   Link #145
John Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for chp 93:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I feel the same way. With his head held high in confidence in the fashion show, not to mention his resoluteness in wanting to dress like a girl, it does seem like that could be all, but like you said, there are still some things left undone; like Yoshino's confidence for example. Also, there has to be people who are willing to accept them as lovers with that hobby in mind, which may not necessarily be them(Yoshino/Shuu) accepting each other. Shuu not only has the confidence to wear women's clothing, but also friends that accept it, the resolution to accept others' disdain for it, and potential romantic interests(Yoshino/Saorin/Anna) that all fully accept it as well. Yoshino on the other hand... well.... she still has some work to do.
That's what I was thinking of too. Takatsuki has had some character development but who knows where she is headed at this rate.

Spoiler for 93:
We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. I find she is a lot better at dealing with her emotions than before. I do think if she was given a good reason to she might fly off the handle but overall she isn't as confrontational anymore.

Quote:
Heh, I feel you one the AnnaXShuu thing =03. As I said many a-time before, I have been in the SaorinxShuu camp since the beginning, so you can imagine how hard it has been for me to be one, up until this point . Fortunately, at the moment, it doesn't seem like Shuu has any strong romantic feelings toward anyone in particular. It was clearly Yoshino(and mildly Saorin) at first, but that was 3 years ago. Since then, their feelings have leveled into a normal friendship, not too much deeper than with other children that directly share his hobby. From what I remember, Yoshino hasn't shown any affection to him at all in this regard either, though we see how she acts with someone she DOES like, namely that teacher Kameda. This pretty much leaves Shuu the possibility to end up with anyone, depending on how the author wants to write it. This is especially so after the rather whimsical way he ended up with Anna in the first place:

Shuu: Hey, maybe we should date.
Anna: Hmm, well, I think you're cute, so I guess it's okay.

Don't get me wrong, I know there was much more to it, but the main point is that it didn't take much to make it official, so it could just as well happen with anyone, even some new character that has yet to be introduced.
Slight fix. Shuu asked Anna out.

This is true. Speculation: Shuu go out with A or B, or perhaps even C. Result: Shuu goes out with D.

But they're cute together and suit each other.

Quote:
Has it been 3 years? That first year was kinda iffy and I don't think they truly accepted each other as an real couple until the middle of the 2nd year.
Well, they didn't have the best start to their relationship either and the "middle" was pretty rocky. It's pretty amazing that they're still together and I suppose that is partially why Maho just introduced Seya to the family. She feels more secure about her relationship and more confidant in herself.

Spoiler tags are a pain to work with. Maybe I'll just drop them from now on it's not like anyone who posts here isn't up to date with the latest chapter.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 09:21   Link #146
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Spoilers for chapter 94: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/showga/20110212/p2

Spoiler for 94:
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 07:22   Link #147
John Smith

Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Old 2011-02-18, 07:30   Link #148
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Old 2011-02-18, 08:12   Link #149
Nemuru

Spoiler for chapter 94:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 10:01   Link #150
John Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Old 2011-02-18, 10:47   Link #151
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for ch 94:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Spoiler for ch 94:
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 09:31   Link #152
darry

wat ! i want more of my shuu !
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 07:23   Link #153
John Smith

Spoiler for 95:

On the other hand, the 1st volume has been delayed yet again. Hopefully for the last time.
Old 2011-03-26, 09:25   Link #154
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
Spoiler for 95:

I agree that concentrating on the "three" main characters would be more interesting from a certain perspective, but there's no guarantee that they will only focus on them, though it can't be mere coincidence that Shuu is going to the same school as Yoshino and Saorin. There's also the chance(practically a given) that new characters will be introduced to replace the ones not there(I sure am going to miss Sarashina ). The side characters with their varying personalities have different viewpoints, assessments, and give more dimensions to the main chars. I think they are important to have around and occasionally focus on them, since their mindset can change which may or may not impact the mains.

I think bringing an umbrella for the snow is sensible. You can still get a bit wet depending on what you're wearing and the magnitude of snow coming down. And it looks cool too =03.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 15:04   Link #155
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

More Shu x Anna shipping!
Old 2011-03-27, 02:24   Link #156
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Having the gang split up into 3 schools doesn't mean they'll never see each other again. They all live in the same general area and can always get together whenever they want.

Of course given that the main three are going to the same school, I do hope that the other 5 don't get dropped from the face of the earth, or the rare appearance. These three may be the main characters, but the bigger picture had always been this group of friends, and having even one missing would be a big shame.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-03-27 at 02:42.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 14:57   Link #157
John Smith

Went back and reread a few chapters and apparently boy-who-likes-Chiba goes to an all boys school (ch.88). Now I'm confused. It looked like Shuu was in the same building as Chiba and Takatsuki but maybe that's not the case. Or maybe the author or translator slipped up somewhere. Or maybe that isn't boy-who-likes-Chiba (it sure looks like him though).
Old 2011-04-08, 04:07   Link #158
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Finished the anime then instatntly read the manga today and finished all the chapters.

I am definitely a big fan of Shuu x Anna couple. It's so unbelievably pure and cute .

I too also don't wish for the friends to all split up or fall from the face of the earth. Too many new characters wouldn't make me feel good either considering the characters we all know and love already get so little time.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 10:38   Link #159
tezu

Well, it's surely going to be a change for all of them, without cheery Chi-chan, Sasa-chan and Mako-chan things might get rather quiet. Getting seperated, growing distant is part of RL, so I'm curious how the author will handle the group. I hope they'll continue to hang out together

So is it certain yet that Takatsuki and Chiba are going to the same school? I somehow missed that part. All I know is that in ch87 Chiba asked Takatsuki if she'd go to the same school if she told her about the school she herself wanted to go to and in ch95 Takatsuki says "I'm sure you would have breezed through it, Chiba-san" (that "would" makes it sound like she didn't do the exam) and Chiba says "I wonder if I'll be coming here". So are they actually referring to the same place?

I can't help but to feel attached to ChibaxTakatsuki and AnnaxShuu
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:53   Link #160
achirist

It feels kind of sad to me that Mako is making this decision about schools without confessing his feelings to Shuu and patching up their friendship, and/or confessing who he really is to Okal and seeing how that goes. But, he surely does have a story to come. It really is sweet to See Anna and Shuu as something more like a real couple now; it also looks like ChibaxFumiya might have al chance. I think Shuu has become cuter as he's grown.

Tags
drama, seinen