Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 04:03   Link #181
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
thank you for the response much appreciated.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:12   Link #182
jbowman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Spoiler:

tyvm i appreciate all that info. if you think of anymore do tell. im under withdrawal till friday
jbowman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:34   Link #183
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
anybody have list of heroic weapons?
Spoiler for relics list:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 06:06   Link #184
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
wasn't the purpose to underline the similarity between ryner and the lonely demon?
(the Ld with godess of fate? and ryner whis...his harem?and of course there's also mad hero-ld and sion-ryner)
what i don't get is the differance between lucile'half and ryner other half:does the have opposite self-will?
Spoiler:

Spoiler for From shinyuuden vol5:

and

<<Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha>> that covers three lines.

But also

Spoiler for Lucile & Eris conversation:

So yeah, I can't figure him out that well.

Last edited by Defade; 2010-11-15 at 06:25.
Old 2010-11-15, 09:41   Link #185
azziz

thank,it help a lot,anywaiy;so lucille'parent weren't such bastard by their fault,like the last king of roland?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:39   Link #186
Used Can

Quote:
You thinking of what happens to Nelpha? That was pretty bad.
Not only that, but I was meaning some of the other shit Sion has done. Even if you were to say the people he used in his experiments were criminals or "bad" people doesn't make him much better than Riphal, in my opinion.

Either way, I wouldn't call Sion and Riphal bad people, since it is obvious they are doing what they've done for what they believe will be the greater good. In addition, they are aware of the atrocities they have committed. However, as some other people have mentioned in this thread already, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Even Ryner is sort of guilty of this - although, I wouldn't really compare them to the other two. However, his good intentions, naivety and own monster complex have caused some bad things to happen.
Old 2010-11-15, 12:53   Link #187
jbowman0

@ larethian (or anyone with access to the novels)

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-15, 13:23   Link #188
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Reading last chapter in translating status on Baka Tsuki.

That was funny, I loled.

You're doing well lareth. Your translation is very good, very natural, fluid. I really like it, and it makes the novels likeable.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2010-11-15 at 13:38.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 17:26   Link #189
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Does Ryner lose his arms and eyes next episode or two? Or is this a different event?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:06   Link #190
jbowman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Does Ryner lose his arms and eyes next episode or two? Or is this a different event?
Spoiler:

also for people with more knowledge of the sequel.

Spoiler for :
Old 2010-11-15, 21:26   Link #191
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowman0 View Post
Spoiler:

also for people with more knowledge of the sequel.

Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-15, 21:53   Link #192
pampz21
ShipCore

is Ryner Reed the name of the Lonely portion and Eris Reed for the demon portion?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 22:08   Link #193
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
is Ryner Reed the name of the Lonely portion and Eris Reed for the demon portion?
Yes. Ryner Eris Reed = Lonely Demon(or more accurately, the demon who hates loneliness/craves companionship). Separated, they're Ryner Reed and Eris Reed.

Reed might not be the official spelling though, I guess riido could be spelled as Lied instead?
Old 2010-11-16, 04:13   Link #194
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler:
Not as much as Lucile, though. Lucile went completely mad, whereas Ryner remains the same.

I think it'd be fun to see one of them devour the powers of the other.
Old 2010-11-16, 04:38   Link #195
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Not as much as Lucile, though. Lucile went completely mad, whereas Ryner remains the same.

I think it'd be fun to see one of them devour the powers of the other.
Yeah, but didn't Lucile eat 1000 demons as well? That couldn't have helped his sanity. The factors that led Lucile and Ryner to devour the two demons were just way too different, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucile went mad because of the procedures involved.

I'd love to see Ryner Eris Reed completed once just to get an idea of his hax, and how the two halves actually function as a whole. Because from the way Eris is speaking, it sounds like Ryner Reed and Eris Reed were somehow two beings even before they're physically separated.
Old 2010-11-16, 04:53   Link #196
Used Can

Quote:
Yeah, but didn't Lucile eat 1000 demons as well? That couldn't have helped his sanity. The factors that led Lucile and Ryner to devour the two demons were just way too different, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucile went mad because of the procedures involved.
Yeah, but I cannot remember if Lucile made those pacts at the moment he ate Eris. Because, by that point, he was already fucked up in the head.

Quote:
I'd love to see Ryner Eris Reed completed once just to get an idea of his hax, and how the two halves actually function as a whole. Because from the way Eris is speaking, it sounds like Ryner Reed and Eris Reed were somehow two beings even before they're physically separated.
I always thought they are different aspects of the same being.

What'd I like to see is Ryner losing some of his sanity, because even though he's had his depression going on for ages already, that's nothing compared to how cool it'd be if he actually started showing a bloodthirsty side. But well, I probably wouldn't want that, since that'd probably make Ferris use the God Devourer on her sword to set Ryner straight again, and she'd have to die for that and I do not want that.

I guess just want many things to go awry, starting with Sion. Hell, there are no words to express how much I dislike him. I really want to see him go beyond the point of redemption (in Ryner's eyes, this is). But well, the storytelling has made it (tacitly) clear nothing like that will happen.

Either way, I wonder what a being with both "The Solver of all Equations" and "The Compiler of all Equations" would be like.
Old 2010-11-16, 05:07   Link #197
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Yeah, but I cannot remember if Lucile made those pacts at the moment he ate Eris. Because, by that point, he was already fucked up in the head.

I always thought they are different aspects of the same being.

What'd I like to see is Ryner losing some of his sanity, because even though he's had his depression going on for ages already, that's nothing compared to how cool it'd be if he actually started showing a bloodthirsty side. But well, I probably wouldn't want that, since that'd probably make Ferris use the God Devourer on her sword to set Ryner straight again, and she'd have to die for that and I do not want that.

I guess just want many things to go awry, starting with Sion. Hell, there are no words to express how much I dislike him. I really want to see him go beyond the point of redemption (in Ryner's eyes, this is). But well, the storytelling has made it (tacitly) clear nothing like that will happen.

Either way, I wonder what a being with both "The Solver of all Equations" and "The Compiler of all Equations" would be like.
Shinyuuden vol.5 made it sound like he was gradually consuming other demons in the few years it took for him to completely devour Eris, but devouring Eris' soul was definitely the point of no return in terms of his sanity. I guess his insanity could partially stem from the conflict between his own wishes and Eris' wishes, because even though Eris willingly gave himself up to be devoured, Lucile still inherited Eris's loneliness, hunger and love for the hero. At the same time, Lucile himself only wishes to protect Ferris, and has to consciously suppress the demon's will.

However, Ryner's wishes were concordant with the demon's to begin with(and someone theorized that it made him closer to the essence of Ryner Eris Reed...or something along the lines of that), so I guess he was more...at peace? Compared to Lucile.

I haven't read about it yet, but apparently it's stated/implied that Ryner Eris Reed at his full power is leagues above Milk in Goddess mode, who pretty much OHKO'd Lucile. I think that places him at Author Weight.
Old 2010-11-16, 06:47   Link #198
Used Can

Quote:
Shinyuuden vol.5 made it sound like he was gradually consuming other demons in the few years it took for him to completely devour Eris, but devouring Eris' soul was definitely the point of no return in terms of his sanity. I guess his insanity could partially stem from the conflict between his own wishes and Eris' wishes, because even though Eris willingly gave himself up to be devoured, Lucile still inherited Eris's loneliness, hunger and love for the hero. At the same time, Lucile himself only wishes to protect Ferris, and has to consciously suppress the demon's will.
I wonder if him eating the other demons had anything to do with his insanity, though. Just look at Sion, I'm sure he hasn't devoured any demons, yet the mad black hero's own insanity is what is driving Sion gradually into insanity.

Either way, now that you mention the love towards the mad hero, I tend to wonder what sort of love. They've used 愛 for it. So, I wonder if he's gay. But well, he's not human. So, these definitions probably do not work on him.

Quote:
However, Ryner's wishes were concordant with the demon's to begin with(and someone theorized that it made him closer to the essence of Ryner Eris Reed...or something along the lines of that), so I guess he was more...at peace? Compared to Lucile.
Are Ryner's wishes indeed similar to Ryner Reed's? I could understand their feelings of loneliness are very similar, but I don't think Ryner has ever had that desire for destruction that Ryner Reed has.

Quote:
I haven't read about it yet, but apparently it's stated/implied that Ryner Eris Reed at his full power is leagues above Milk in Goddess mode, who pretty much OHKO'd Lucile. I think that places him at Author Weight.
Fucking Beyonders!
But, either way, Ryner Eris Reed is an existence which not even the major beings know about. So, my guess is that he'd be definitely Beyonder level.
Old 2010-11-16, 07:13   Link #199
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
I wonder if him eating the other demons had anything to do with his insanity, though. Just look at Sion, I'm sure he hasn't devoured any demons, yet the mad black hero's own insanity is what is driving Sion gradually into insanity.

Either way, now that you mention the love towards the mad hero, I tend to wonder what sort of love. They've used 愛 for it. So, I wonder if he's gay. But well, he's not human. So, these definitions probably do not work on him.

Are Ryner's wishes indeed similar to Ryner Reed's? I could understand their feelings of loneliness are very similar, but I don't think Ryner has ever had that desire for destruction that Ryner Reed has.

Fucking Beyonders!
But, either way, Ryner Eris Reed is an existence which not even the major beings know about. So, my guess is that he'd be definitely Beyonder level.
Riura's reaction at Lucile's confession that he devoured 1000 demons seem to imply that they definitely influenced his insanity at some level. I guess the hero is just especially insane, huh...

I've sorta wondered about that too...the level of devotion Ryner Eris Reed holds for the hero just doesn't seem like normal love. There's this part in shinyuuden where Eris expresses that he 'tried so hard to keep the world intact, until his beloved hero could stand on his own feet' that almost made it sound like parental love...x_x

I was referring to both of their desires to save the Asruld/Sion, since Ryner's words that concluded his merger with Ryner Reed was <<I am...a demon who abandoned his own sanity to save Sion...>>, while Lucile is just being siscon against Eris'...bromance? lol Where was it mentioned that Ryner Reed had destructive tendencies? I must've missed it. orz
Old 2010-11-16, 07:24   Link #200
Used Can

Quote:
I was referring to both of their desires to save the Asruld/Sion, since Ryner's words that concluded his merger with Ryner Reed was <<I am...a demon who abandoned his own sanity to save Sion...>>, while Lucile is just being siscon against Eris'...bromance?
Ahh... that. Then I guess you're right. Anyway... Hahaha... Sion end. Poor Ferris.

Quote:
lol Where was it mentioned that Ryner Reed had destructive tendencies? I must've missed it. orz
I haven't read much about Kuro, but I've always got the impression Ryner Reed had destructive tendencies, considering Ryner's usual line when he went Berserk. No, in fact, even the 2 times when Ryner entered the world of Ryner Reed (Denyuuden 10 and Dai Denyuuden 6), he displayed a desire to destroy, in my opinion.

Tags
fantasy, shounen