AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-02, 18:06   Link #1221
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Regarding the Yacht Club

Spoiler:
Edit:
Hmm. Looks like from BD Vol 3 onward, Matsumoto (LN artist) will provide the Omake.

Back in January, some 2ch posters did agree on the anime take on Marika's character design. She looks more like a high school girl as compared to her novel version and it is suitable for Satou's claim for Marika's character growth. They said novel Marika is too beautiful and adult-like. Though this will probably cause a problem when they adapt vol 3 .
Funny though, that now one of the things that they're discussing is "What is going to be cut down from the novel?" . They also discussed the possibility for Mouretsu Pirates ending (Omedetou Ending, "You've completed the Game" ending, "Her father is the last boss" ending )
Thanks for the info on the Hakuou Academy Space Yacht Club. I suppose I may have compile a list of selected quotes for the Light Novel thread.

Nice to also hear about what 2ch is saying about this series. Is this one of the more talked about shows this season on 2ch? (I can probably imagine that Nisemonogateri and Rinne no Lagrange are talked about a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
正統皇女 Seitou Koujyo - literally "legitimate princess" - used to describe both Gruelle and Grunhild, 第七正統皇女 and 第八正統皇女 respectively.
Thanks for clearing up that. I was pretty sure that both Gruelle and Grunhild were legitimate, but that makes me absolutely certain. Makes me wonder when we'll be introduced to little Grunhild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Yep I agree go watch Highschool DxD alot of boobs for you. The only thing I want though is realistic dynamics on their clothing.. girls floating around with skirts on and not a panty flash is too unrealistic. If they don't want any panties showing than they should be putting them in shorts, pants, bloomers.. anything but skirts so the dynamics could be kept realistic. One thing that drives me nuts is clothing that seems like they are made of cardboard or something and never seem to move. That is just a cop out method for animation and I believe it's lazy animators that do this for getting around no pantsu at all glimpses.

I had some hope for some realistic dynamics and animation when they showed Chiaki panty flash when she was on the bar stool that one time but than no more as if they got lazy when animating.
You could probably make a case of lazy or inconsistent animators(I did notice Marika's skirt rustle in microgravity during Episode 5) or you could just say yourself that they have advanced technology that prevents unwanted panty flashing or you just imagine they utilize the low-tech solution of wearing shorts under their skirts for all club activities that take place in microgravity. Since the girls of the Space Yacht Club were doing a school activity, they had to still wear their school uniforms and I doubt the school does preferial treatment for their clubs regarding the dress code. So basically, advanced technology or shorts under their skirts.

Somehow I think this issue probably has been done to death on the ANN forums already.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:19   Link #1222
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
BD vol 2 Cover from amazon jp [link]:
Spoiler:
The Attack of the Fifty Feet Tall Chiaki.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:50   Link #1223
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Yep I agree go watch Highschool DxD alot of boobs for you. The only thing I want though is realistic dynamics on their clothing.. girls floating around with skirts on and not a panty flash is too unrealistic. If they don't want any panties showing than they should be putting them in shorts, pants, bloomers.. anything but skirts so the dynamics could be kept realistic. One thing that drives me nuts is clothing that seems like they are made of cardboard or something and never seem to move. That is just a cop out method for animation and I believe it's lazy animators that do this for getting around no pantsu at all glimpses.
So true... the lack of pantsu is really disturbing, especially if it's done by skirts made from meshwire or something so they don't move. They really should've handle that better.
Old 2012-03-02, 23:13   Link #1224
Random Wanderer

Quote:
So true... the lack of pantsu is really disturbing
Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 23:39   Link #1225
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Yep The only thing I want though is realistic dynamics on their clothing.. girls floating around with skirts on and not a panty flash is too unrealistic.
If you want to see 100% realism in a show, don't watch anime. Saying that you're disappointed by a lack of realism in an anime series is like saying that you're disappointed by an extreme lack of light in a cave at night...

Also, I don't think anybody on staff was being lazy. Personally, I would like to keep things positive and say it's because maybe they didn't want the point of this show to be showcasing women's underwear? They want to keep the viewer focused on the plot -- not somebody's cotton floral-printed unmentionables. It's distracting and there isn't a need for it, so why bother including it?

Also, if someone is actually disturbed by something as insignificant as whether or not you can see a girl's panties, then you have priority issues.
Old 2012-03-02, 23:55   Link #1226
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Creepy is a very good word to use. But, I can see that he's been watching High School DxD and expecting a similar sort of treatment coming out of this series. Often times, these things just don't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
If you want to see 100% realism in a show, don't watch anime. Saying that you're disappointed by a lack of realism in an anime series is like saying that you're disappointed by an extreme lack of light in a cave at night...
And yea. Realism should be a focus. But rather, things have to make sense according to the series. If there's some kind of gravity that doesn't allow those skirts to fly all around in a zero gravity environment -- then so be it.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 00:19   Link #1227
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Nyantype scan, NSFW-ish:

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-03-03 at 00:56.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 00:27   Link #1228
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
But, I can see that he's been watching High School DxD and expecting a similar sort of treatment coming out of this series.
Well, I've been watching that too, but I'm willing to leave the fanservice in the series it belongs in.

Quote:
Spoiler for Nyantype scan, NSFW-ish:
That spoiler tag appears to be empty. I can see the link when I quote it, but there's nothing there otherwise. I think you tried hotlinking from somewhere that doesn't approve of it.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 00:32   Link #1229
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
The ship's defensive rating can change with different energy shield tech.
Yes, it does, which is why tonnage is used as the final determinant of class. That said, we do need to make allowances for how different places class their ships - to use a fictional example, in the Honorverse, the main workhorses of the Star Kingdom of Manticore are their heavy cruisers (of which role Bentenmaru is filling - line combatant, screen, commerce raider). The Solarian League, their newest enemy, is dismissive of their fleet... until the League finds out that Manticoran heavy cruisers are larger and pack more guns than League battlecruisers.

*shrug* Apart from that, I'd argue that there's a certain limit to how powerful a CA's shields can be. Shield generators take up mass, and use power from the powerplants. I have my doubts that a CA hull would have enough space and generate enough power to use BB-level shields.

Quote:
BD vol 2 Cover from amazon jp [link]:
Spoiler:
!

Chiaki-chan is a cold fire. *spasms from Chiki proximity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
She lookin' at you: "I need another serving... Or else I'll do a Go-Go Yubari on you."
Chiaki-chan's personal warcry, shouted quietly in the depths of her heart: "For the Chocolate Parfait!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
So true... the lack of pantsu is really disturbing, especially if it's done by skirts made from meshwire or something so they don't move. They really should've handle that better.
*facepalm* Seriously? You're disappointed in that?

I for one am veryhappy there's no pantsu. It allows me to introduce this series to other people who won't dismiss it for cheap fanservice.

Besides, as ARIA shows, you don't need panty shots to have fanservice. I still can't wrap my mind around how Amano managed to pull off fully clothed fanservice in a tasteful manner.

Quote:
Would that many other people had your outlook. Those of us who hail from the Nanoha boards can remember the many debates with a certain poster who used to insist that everything in the anime was real and could be measured by stadia marks.

Quote:
Also, I don't think anybody on staff was being lazy. Personally, I would like to keep things positive and say it's because maybe they didn't want the point of this show to be showcasing women's underwear? They want to keep the viewer focused on the plot -- not somebody's cotton floral-printed unmentionables. It's distracting and there isn't a need for it, so why bother including it?
Exactly. This show's fanservice is of the cerebral kind, the type that engages the thinking mind - astronaut fanservice, to those of us who dreamed of taking our own steps amongst the stars...

Besides, after so much anime with panty shots, it's nice to see someone bucking the trend.

Quote:
Also, if someone is actually disturbed by something as insignificant as whether or not you can see a girl's panties, then you have priority issues.
Quoted for Truth. Mind if I sig this?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 00:58   Link #1230
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
That spoiler tag appears to be empty. I can see the link when I quote it, but there's nothing there otherwise. I think you tried hotlinking from somewhere that doesn't approve of it.
Whoopsie. Link changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Quoted for Truth. Mind if I sig this?
Sure, go right ahead. :P
Old 2012-03-03, 03:02   Link #1231
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Sure, go right ahead. :P
Thanks, it's done.

Who knows, maybe that pic will appear in the beach episode?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-03-03, 06:22   Link #1232
Dark Wing

Quote:
Yea I think people have been spoiled and or desensitization over the year and may have forgotten that their was a time when anime didn't have a ton of "fan-service" around every corner. It used to be that fan-service was reserved for fans who were heavily invested in a show and bought art-books and other materials.

Now the very definition of fan-service is different then it was back then too and people seem to have this strange mind set that you can't sell a show with out it...
Old 2012-03-03, 07:18   Link #1233
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I blame the internet for that. I can still remember a time, 10 years ago, when everyone was writing fanfics in Notepad and saving as .txt files so as to save space... when I wrote fanfiction in a floppy disk...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-03-03, 07:24   Link #1234
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
The fact itself that the girls are wearing skirts and not spacesuit could be considered fan service.

Afterall girls in skirts are a lot nicer to look at than girls in spacesuit right?
Old 2012-03-03, 08:12   Link #1235
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Of course, a ridiculously-terraformed water planet has got to have a beach episode, even if the theme of the show is IN SPAAAAAACE.

That said, I'd totally kill for a holodeck beach episode, complete with obligatory malfunction. Whether that destroys the swimsuits... is a bonus I dare not wish for.

Unless its for Charlotte.
Old 2012-03-03, 10:21   Link #1236
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The fact itself that the girls are wearing skirts and not spacesuit could be considered fan service.

Afterall girls in skirts are a lot nicer to look at than girls in spacesuit right?
I'd actually go for formfitting space suits, but I digress
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 10:42   Link #1237
justpassingby

Spoiler for New Characters:

Edit: Ehh!? They skipped the part where Jenny plays with Chiaki-chan's hair, and holds her hand for quite a while (iirc) , and many more
Spoiler for Next week::

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-03-03 at 12:33. Reason: yay for Arsenal? :P
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 10:55   Link #1238
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Of course, a ridiculously-terraformed water planet has got to have a beach episode, even if the theme of the show is IN SPAAAAAACE.
Knowing female juveniles of the Homo Sapiens species, they want to go to the beach.

Quote:
Unless its for Charlotte.
I hate agreeing with you. Char~ -__- Ichika you dumbass choose her and be done with it!

Interestingly the author has released 3 doujin. The first 2 are IchikaxChar and the third is IchikaxCharxLaura. I guess we know where he stands on the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
I'd actually go for formfitting space suits, but I digress
My personal theory as to why form fitting space suits, wetsuits and catsuits look so appealing is because the human eye is naturally drawn to long, sleek things, and the human mind considers such to be highly appealing. Look at the many long, sleek cars, ships, planes, blades, what have you.

Thus, the reason humans find latex space suits to be so sexy is hardwired into the brain, as it gives off an impression of a long, smooth, sleek shape that is aesthetically pleasing to the mind.

As well as teasing to the nakedness of said body wearing the suit.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-03-03, 11:04   Link #1239
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Knowing female juveniles of the Homo Sapiens species, they want to go to the beach.
Well Marika and Mami were all dressed down to go to the beach, inflatable dolphin and all, but SUDDENLY BUREAUCRACY, and that was the end of that.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 12:59   Link #1240
Midonin
Last Engage

Mobirates 09 - The Great Power

Princess Serenity in Marika's pirate gear was pretty cute. I also liked that she's now a member of the Yacht Club. The multiple parts of the show are blending into a coherent whole at a pretty fast rate. While I haven't commented very much on Chiaki thus far, I enjoyed the scene where she got all flustered at everyone calling her "Chiaki-chan". Her barriers are being broken down pretty quickly. The whole thing with the golden ghost ship was a pretty cool explanation for how such a thing can exist in a sci-fi world. Now whether it's full of actual ghosts is another matter. Even though the "serious" part of the show's kicked in, it still feels pretty lighthearted at this point. I can get behind that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri