AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 02:59   Link #1041
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Haha, just checked it, yes have the 2008 version, played a little more while I checked, hehe.
Yea, one can't help but to keep going once the game is loaded...

Quote:
Is it possible to force the game into other resolutions like 1080p?
Not really, since the images were saved in that resolution. You can stretch it to fit your screen via "full screen" mode (config menu), but it doesn't look that sharp.

I believe the XBox 360 version is 1024X768, and the PS3 version (just released less than 2 weeks ago) is similar, in pseudo-widescreen: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Clannad_PS3/index.html

Quote:
Ah so the patch finally translate the menus! Awesome, I kinda worked out which does what, but this will really help!

Also thanks for all your work! This is my first novel game.

I noticed you said you don't have a website, I could offer you some webspace and setup a subdomain for you for free (maybe even a domain name) where you can store files and updates that allows anyone to download. If you know anything about how to use a website, you could make it into a blog or site.

Do you know how to use a FTP? like Filezilla?
You're welcome, for my part. The majority of the work (such as your menu) has been done by others; I'm just picking up where they left off, to tie up loose ends.

If you have a subdomain to spare, that would be great! I wouldn't ask for a new paid domain though, as this is meant to be a cost-less project (except for time, and buying the game). I'll PM you, thanks for offering!

P.S. Great choice for a first visual novel. Don't be intimidated by the length; it's well worth it
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 09:00   Link #1042
lamunedo

could someone help me plzz >.<
i've patched mine, it is the original version with separated voiced..but the text just show "error" and "ble to read text"
lamunedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 13:06   Link #1043
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamunedo View Post
could someone help me plzz >.<
i've patched mine, it is the original version with separated voiced..but the text just show "error" and "ble to read text"
Hi lamunedo, it sounds like rlBabel isn't working properly. Can you let me know where you got the patch from, and how you applied it?

Some possible solutions:
1. Double-check that the following files are in your Clannad folder (same folder as REALLIVE.EXE and SEEN.TXT): rlBabel.dll, 1.3.9.5.map

2. Try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (if that doesn't work, you can uninstall it again from the Control Panel)
Old 2011-05-05, 21:09   Link #1044
lamunedo

many thanks

i've installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and it's working now
lamunedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 12:15   Link #1045
InnoRinne

I have the Full Voice version. I have a problem in the game. See below. There's no text in the bubble. I already know what's in the bubble because I already played it in the ordinary version. That's the part where Tomoya Okazaki kicks Youhei Sunohara back to Tomoyo Sakagami.
I just don't want a problem like that in the game.

Spoiler for Image:

Could anyone help me?
InnoRinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 11:59   Link #1046
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnoRinne View Post
I have the Full Voice version. I have a problem in the game. See below. There's no text in the bubble. I already know what's in the bubble because I already played it in the ordinary version. That's the part where Tomoya Okazaki kicks Youhei Sunohara back to Tomoyo Sakagami.
I just don't want a problem like that in the game.

Could anyone help me?
Sorry for the late reply. It sounds like you have an old patch, which is missing many lines (hence the empty box). You can find a newer version, which displays the box text correctly, at http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...68#post3581568
Old 2011-06-15, 18:14   Link #1047
Madman6510
Child of Man

Massive thanks for the translation, I was really happy when I saw that a publicly released patch was a available on the site. It's really good quality too, it says all over the wiki that "this is in development, etc", but it really feels like at least a late beta/RTM type release, I've only seen a few minor issues :P

Quick question to add, is the main difference between voice patched Original Clannad and Full Voice Clannad the resolution change? Because if it's just that, then I don't really care, since it's playing across the room anyways, but if there's music changes or improved sprites, then I might take the time to borrow the newer version from one of my friends that have it.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 01:26   Link #1048
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

"Borrow." :P
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 13:21   Link #1049
Madman6510
Child of Man

Heh, does my excuse need more work?

For the record, I do have a legit copy of the original game. I was just wondering if the FV version had any goodies that the original doesn't.

Although my copy of the game is loaned from a friend (no BS, I got it from an older friend who got the game before there even was a FV version, maybe before this project even started). I do like to pay for my games, since I know a lot of work goes into them and I enjoy knowing that game studio X will continue making games. I would have bought a copy before playing, or after at least trying it out, but it's sold out everywhere, except for the Memorial Edition which isn't being patched. If anyone can point me to where I could actually buy a copy of Full Voice, I'd actually buy it, even if just to satiate my morality.

Anyways /excuse story.

Last edited by Madman6510; 2011-06-16 at 13:48.
Old 2011-06-16, 14:58   Link #1050
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman6510 View Post
Heh, does my excuse need more work?

For the record, I do have a legit copy of the original game. I was just wondering if the FV version had any goodies that the original doesn't.

Although my copy of the game is loaned from a friend (no BS, I got it from an older friend who got the game before there even was a FV version, maybe before this project even started). I do like to pay for my games, since I know a lot of work goes into them and I enjoy knowing that game studio X will continue making games. I would have bought a copy before playing, or after at least trying it out, but it's sold out everywhere, except for the Memorial Edition which isn't being patched. If anyone can point me to where I could actually buy a copy of Full Voice, I'd actually buy it, even if just to satiate my morality.

Anyways /excuse story.
As the name implies the FV version has full voices for the cast and runs at a slightly higher resolution (I think it's 1024x768 agains the 800x600 of the original but I'm not sure).
Old 2011-06-16, 15:02   Link #1051
Madman6510
Child of Man

Ok, so there's no sprites for characters previously without sprites, or anything like that?

I'm going to have to track down a copy of the game eventually, even if just to have it. I used to pirate EVERYTHING back when I was younger, I'm trying to break that now. The FV game just doesn't seem to exist anywhere though. I might have to break down and just buy Memorial.

Edit: Managed to find a used copy on Amazon JP, pretty cheap too (including intl. shipping)

Last edited by Madman6510; 2011-06-16 at 16:26.
Old 2011-06-22, 02:23   Link #1052
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

AFAIK, Full Voice has the following changes from the original:
- Higher res (800x600, compared to 640x480)
- Voices
- Revamped menus

No new sprites, CGs or music, but I reckon the voices are really well done and worth it

Glad you managed to find a copy of FV! I bought Memorial Edition, but then realized that it won't accept the translation patch... (yet?) I have a contact in the Little Busters! project who has an idea on how we might make it happen, but it's slow going.
Old 2011-06-22, 03:30   Link #1053
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

I was hoping to have more substantial improvements ready before the next update, but real life is more engaging and time-consuming that expected. Nonetheless, I'll put up the minor progress we've made instead of hiding them in a cupboard somewhere for the next few months. This will probably benefit newcomers a lot more than those of you who already have the previous patch.

Grab the latest patch from http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...68#post3581568

I've also found out that saved games transfer quite well across the recent patches (since March 2011), so there's little to fear regarding data corruption. A backup of your SAVEDATA folder is still recommended though.

Updates in this patch (both Core and Gfx)
- Translation cleanups along the main School Life branch
- Translated graphics for the end of the Illusionary World (animated)
- Translated graphics for the True End dream sequence (animated)
Old 2011-06-25, 00:00   Link #1054
Madman6510
Child of Man

This is funky. I got the game today (Full Voice ver.), installed it, and all went well. Try to run REALLIVE.EXE, get this error:

For the first part, what is it telling me, and what can I do to fix it?

System details:
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
American English, system locale set to Japanese
Old 2011-06-25, 00:23   Link #1055
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

It says "Please insert original disc"
Old 2011-06-25, 00:26   Link #1056
Madman6510
Child of Man

Ok, it might be a problem with my specific disc drive or configuration then. I just tried the disc on another computer (just your standard black box Dell, unlike my fancy smanchy custom blah blah rig), and it worked fine. I'll tweak with some crap and see if I can't get it working.

Edit: Alright, got it solved. Long story short, turned out my optical drive (older model) needed a firmware update. Also, it turns out that the firmware would only update if I had the drive connected to the secondary IDE controller (which my computer does not HAVE, which required me to pull an older one out of storage and run the update on that), with very specific OEM firmware (the standard manufacturer one wouldn't work), and the updater will only run during a full lunar eclipse when at least two planets are aligned. Who knew?

Last edited by Madman6510; 2011-06-25 at 02:18.
Old 2011-06-25, 02:51   Link #1057
Madman6510
Child of Man

Hmm, I've noticed that after applying the English patch on the FV version, the game will crash if you try to enter the name change options. I don't know if this is specific to this new patch since I don't have any previous experience with the FV version, can someone else check and see if it happens to them or if it's just me?

It is pretty easy to make sure the game works right since it's just that one thing, just make any name changes you want before applying the patch.
Old 2011-06-25, 04:33   Link #1058
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Thanks for the report, Madman6510. My copy crashes too, so it looks like a bug in the patch. I'll post an update when it's fixed.

Impressive problem-solving on your disc drive, btw! Glad it's working now; enjoy Clannad
Old 2011-06-26, 19:30   Link #1059
iRob

excuse me...
but i'm having a problem with the patch right now...
i'm playing clannad 2004 version without voice in my vista...
the problem i'm having is when the game come to credit its crash itself everytime if i play using patch.... when i play it with japan language it work...
anyone having same problem??
thx in advance...
iRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 11:47   Link #1060
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Crashes in both patches... that's really weird. I couldn't find anything wrong with the code itself (and there shouldn't be, since I didn't touch them at all between the last 2 updates), but I recompiled the patches again and the bugs seem to be gone. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Grab the latest patch from http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...68#post3581568

Updates in this patch (Core)
- Bugfix: (FV) Crash in the name-change menu
- Bugfix: (orig) Crash in the credits

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation