AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 00:34   Link #241
Echoes

That's a fantastic-looking trailer. I'm expecting great things from this remake.
Old 2009-04-01, 01:42   Link #242
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I have been in anticipation for any bits and pieces of this new series thank you for sharing such an awesome trailer! Now if this series stays closer to the manga (the last series was a masterpiece in its own right ) I think it may have a chance to become more epic than its predecessor
Old 2009-04-01, 07:35   Link #243
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

hmmm, FMA manga doesn't seems like it will end in a year so i wonder how they going to end this anime since they are following the manga. will they just come up with some new way to defeat Father? i hope it will be quite original and as interesting. the first series is already a huge success even if they din follow the manga so i hope the ending part for this season will be too
Old 2009-04-01, 07:49   Link #244
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Actually, the manga will probably be done soon (I actually think it could finish up in a year myself) since we are actually getting into the final battles and all and if this series is as long as the first then there should be plenty of time for it all. And since it is staying with the manga I doubt they would come up with something new.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-04-01, 20:02   Link #245
Jarmel

The question that will depend if the manga goes over 100 chapters is if she expands about the Gate of Truth(not sure if it's called the same in the manga but same idea) and see if Ed masters Rentanjutsu to fight Father.

One would hope that they've thought this out and had a very long talk with Arakawa. They could do something like a Toradora ending in which the ending for the manga comes out around the same time as the anime but Arakawa gave the anime directors the script a while back. She said that she didn't want to go over 100 so by that logic she would have 7 chapters to wrap everything up and a couple of extra months if she needs it (before the anime goes into finale stage). If Arakawa really wants to expand the manga and make it like 120 or something then we're getting another anime only ending(which will piss me off). I wish the directors would come out and say that the ending will be based off the manga too as this is my main fear.
Old 2009-04-01, 22:02   Link #246
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The question that will depend if the manga goes over 100 chapters is if she expands about the Gate of Truth(not sure if it's called the same in the manga but same idea) and see if Ed masters Rentanjutsu to fight Father.

One would hope that they've thought this out and had a very long talk with Arakawa. They could do something like a Toradora ending in which the ending for the manga comes out around the same time as the anime but Arakawa gave the anime directors the script a while back. She said that she didn't want to go over 100 so by that logic she would have 7 chapters to wrap everything up and a couple of extra months if she needs it (before the anime goes into finale stage). If Arakawa really wants to expand the manga and make it like 120 or something then we're getting another anime only ending(which will piss me off). I wish the directors would come out and say that the ending will be based off the manga too as this is my main fear.
I rather have few more extra chapters of this manga if the price is anime getting having its own ending because FMA is probably the best manga out there.
Old 2009-04-01, 22:04   Link #247
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

FMA is a monthly series, so planning must be done before the episodes air.
Old 2009-04-01, 22:20   Link #248
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I rather have few more extra chapters of this manga if the price is anime getting having its own ending because FMA is probably the best manga out there.
And I'd rather not be in this situation at all due to poor planning. Fights usually look better in anime than manga, so I really want to see the last fights in the manga animated.
Old 2009-04-01, 22:37   Link #249
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
And I'd rather not be in this situation at all due to poor planning. Fights usually look better in anime than manga, so I really want to see the last fights in the manga animated.
meh, not for me some fights in anime are some time too slow paced while in the manga the pace feels faster. If they could do a face pace action then fine but until then I prefer the manga.
Old 2009-04-02, 10:49   Link #250
Field of Lilies

Full ending theme!
Old 2009-04-02, 21:59   Link #251
Krishina
The beat of the SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
Oooh, thank you very much for the link!

*can't wait for this anime*
Old 2009-04-02, 22:15   Link #252
Jarmel

Looks like the OP might be the weakest link.
Old 2009-04-03, 01:01   Link #253
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
It's not exactly an excellent song of any sort, but with an edited, shorten version, I can imagine it be a great Ed theme. But the most important thing is that it seems to just fit FMA perfectly.
Old 2009-04-03, 01:35   Link #254
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

as some one who is only familiar with the first series and the movie, where did it digress from the manga and by how much?
Old 2009-04-03, 02:14   Link #255
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ist-on-april-9

FUNi will be streaming the series.
Old 2009-04-03, 02:36   Link #256
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
...And I take it this also means no fansubbers will bother subbing it, and seeing how this stream will almost definitely be region-locked to America, I suppose I just lost my chance to watch it... *Goes to be annoyed*
Old 2009-04-03, 02:39   Link #257
RisArk

Oh please. It's like you're not expecting someone to just torrent the Funi subs anyway.
Old 2009-04-03, 02:43   Link #258
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...And I take it this also means no fansubbers will bother subbing it.
I lol'd, and I lol'd again.
Old 2009-04-03, 02:52   Link #259
Renchan

Awww, Too bad....

How ironic, if only I had animax I could watch this...
Old 2009-04-03, 03:12   Link #260
Charred Knight

or lived in america

Which I do

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Funimation is really the leader of streaming anime, so its awesome that it was pre-liscensed by a week.
Closed Thread