AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 11:50   Link #1201
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Bach just has his terms wrong...it's hierro. Ichigo is not a quincy.
He's definitely not a Quincy but might have quincy power
Old 2012-10-24, 12:12   Link #1202
X207
Gamyūsa

just tossing a question out here. if its is Hierro mis-identified by the quincies. could Blut Arterie be mistaken for something much like Senbonzakura full attack mode that Byakuya has/Had? since Ichigo is getting new power ups he might go quincy on us or just get some extra shinigami powers that the other 13 div captains may have.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:18   Link #1203
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
just tossing a question out here. if its is Hierro mis-identified by the quincies. could Blut Arterie be mistaken for something much like Senbonzakura full attack mode that Byakuya has/Had? since Ichigo is getting new power ups he might go quincy on us or just get some extra shinigami powers that the other 13 div captains may have.
They're not different...that's why it's so funny. It's the same technique, just different name. Kubo already pulled this trying to use the different names as shock value.
Old 2012-10-24, 13:16   Link #1204
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

My guess Ichigo having Quincy powers is because he is a "True blood" or something like that...
Old 2012-10-24, 14:11   Link #1205
sayde

Quote:
They're not different...that's why it's so funny. It's the same technique, just different name. Kubo already pulled this trying to use the different names as shock value.
It's different in the same way shunpo, sonido, and Hirenkyaku differ from one another--same overall effect, but slight differences to be noticed with the method and the result. (for instance, shunpo, sonido, and hirenkyaku produce different sounds.)

Anyways, Ichigo definitely used blut vene as evident by the fact that his veins were highlighted on the area that was struck. And while its effects are similar to hierro, at least there's a visible difference to be noticed. Kubo probably just comes up with this stuff to keep all these different types of powers separate but equal.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 14:23   Link #1206
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I figured he meant "Yes", he is the leader, but "No", he isn't the enemy, since he sees Soul Society as being the bad guys.
That's more or less how I understood it too. He repeated the word "enemy" before answering the question, so his answer was related to that and not about him being the leader. Yes, he is the enemy of Soul Society, but no he is not THE enemy (of humans). The king will probably be the true enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Quite possibly. I really hope this is true then, but I recall that chapter causing a bit of controversy as either some translators or some of the raw copies of the magazines had 2 different things. One saying Ichigo was...

'the child of a shiningami and a...'

and the other being

'the child of a human and a...'

and I don't think either was cleared up to be the real one or not. But either way, it seems likely since we already knew Isshin was a Shinigami that Aizen was going to explain Masaki (if there's anything special about her).
That was cleared up in the tankoubon. The correct sentence is "You the son of a human and... a shinigami". That was a simple lead-in to the revelation Ichigo's father was a shinigami.

Quote:
Bach just has his terms wrong...it's hierro. Ichigo is not a quincy.
No, it's definitely blut vene. We've only seen the mark on Ichigo's neck on Quincies.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:50   Link #1207
Inarius
★★★★★

just you watch, next chapter Ichigo can use blut to attack and defend at the same time.

I also think the soul king might be the real villain here and that he's the reason the whole war between the quincy and shinigami broke down in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
ICHIGO IS INDEED MEGAMAN!
no, Ichigo is Kubo >:3

Old 2012-10-24, 14:57   Link #1208
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Woah, it suddenly makes sense…

ICHIGO IS INDEED MEGAMAN!
LOL! too true and way too easy to call. even after assuming he would get quincy powers at the start of this arc i am still finding it hard to believe it actually happened just based on the sheer simplicity of the concept. i would have much prefered that ichigo actually had a worthwhile training with zengetsu and learned to manipulate his bankai into other forms like how byakuya and others did, maybe even something resembling quincy powers or defenses from quincy powers, just something of his own would have been much cooler. instead he is indeed megaman as you put it. if he eats a leaf will he become tanooki ichigo?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:20   Link #1209
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

This arc has just become officially worse than the Fullbring Arc.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:41   Link #1210
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I’ve reread the chapter and still, I feel nothing about it. I’m not annoyed or disappointed; I’m not livid that Ichigo has once again—somehow—obtained a power that should be well out of his grasp. I’m just apathetic. I feel nothing. This type of turn of events has happened so many times in this series that the shock value is completely gone. The tread on the tires has essentially been rubbed raw.

I was curious when Ichigo became a shinigami. I thought it made since that he had to confront his inner hollow. I raged during the Fullbringer arc and now with this allusion to becoming a Quincy almost complete (whether because Masaki was a quincy or Ichigo has somehow absorbed their powers) I just feel nothing. Of course this would happen to Ichigo. He is seemingly tied to each type of character in this series, and therefore, can have some (or all) of their powers. I’m just more curious of how Kubo will work this into the actual story and explain how Ichigo has these new powers.

I also kind of lean toward the notion that Bach might not be the main villain anymore. If that is the case, I can see what was supposed to be a joke ending up a reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for manga 512 comic:
Or maybe we’ll end up with an even more OP Quincy than Bach. If Kubo somehow tries to make one of the Ishidas the main villain I won’t be able to take it seriously. Uryu has never been that strong. Granted, he was strong at the beginning of the series, but he has become somewhat of a joke since then. Plus his father is supposed to 'not care' about Quincy stuff—it would be really out of character.

But I do see where others interpreted Bach saying, “Yes and no” as an “I did do this but I’m not your enemy (or really, I don’t want to be your enemy).” I can see Kubo flip-flopping on Bach being the main villain though. It wouldn't be the first time he changed his mind on this matter.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:46   Link #1211
AdventSleeper

So Ichigo is like, quarter quincy, quarter shinigami, quarter hollow, and quarter fullbringer.

Can't say I'm totally surprised at this "revelation", though. What's next?
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:32   Link #1212
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
So Ichigo is like, quarter quincy, quarter shinigami, quarter hollow, and quarter fullbringer.

Can't say I'm totally surprised at this "revelation", though. What's next?
Ichigo is not human at all?!? Say it ain't so!!
Old 2012-10-24, 18:58   Link #1213
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Well can you call someone who's part hollow, part fullbringer, now it seems part quincy a complete human?
Old 2012-10-24, 19:06   Link #1214
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The fact that Masaki is a human doesn't dismiss the fact that Ichigo might be half-Quincy, since all Quincies are humans in the first place.

However, there's a possibility that the reference to Blut Vene might be a mistaken reference to other "racial" defensive abilities.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:08   Link #1215
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The fact that Masaki is a human doesn't dismiss the fact that Ichigo might be half-Quincy, since all Quincies are humans in the first place.

However, there's a possibility that the reference to Blut Vene might be a mistaken reference to other "racial" defensive abilities.
It's kind of hard to imagine that one of the strongest Quincies can't distinguish an ability from his own kind though.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:50   Link #1216
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow... thank god this is the last arc.

I was really hoping we'd see some Hollow Ichigo again.... shucks.
Old 2012-10-24, 19:50   Link #1217
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The sad...sad part is that a friend of mine called Ichigo having Quincy powers back when the Vizards first showed up...now I owe him a free lobster dinner.

Thanks Kubo...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 20:06   Link #1218
Xagzan

Is adult Nel back yet?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 20:07   Link #1219
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

Is adult Nel back yet?
Nope, you can go back into hiding now.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 20:10   Link #1220
Eragon
Still Alive

I'll be glad if Kubo shows even Yoruichi again( preferably having beaten the pulp out of one of the shitritters)

Tags
bleach, chapter