Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 11:50   Link #1
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Animation Runner Kuromi 2 DVD

Has anyone seen Animation Runner Kuromi 2, and bought the Import DVD? You know, the one with English Subtitles? It actually doesn't have any region coding, but it's NOT a bootleg. Here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=POBE-1039

Does anyone know how the DVDs are? Do they have special features? Are the subs good? And, how is the show? Heh, that's a lot to ask... Thanks...
Old 2004-06-25, 12:53   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Has anyone seen Animation Runner Kuromi 2, and bought the Import DVD? You know, the one with English Subtitles? It actually doesn't have any region coding, but it's NOT a bootleg. Here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=POBE-1039

Does anyone know how the DVDs are? Do they have special features? Are the subs good? And, how is the show? Heh, that's a lot to ask... Thanks...
As you may have already known, "Anime Seisaku Shinkou Kuromi-chan" is done by an animation studio called Yumeta Company under the direction of director Akitaroh Daichi (of "Fruits Basket" and "Jubei-chan"). Basically it is about how animation is made from the viewpoint of an anime production coordinator named Ooguro Makiko (nicknamed Kuromi-chan).

An anime production coordinator's job is to oversee how the anime process is going along, to collect genga from genga artists for revisions, delegation of tasks to animators if necessary, and to keep the respective time schedule needed for broadcast.

"Kuromi-chan 2" takes place several months after the first episode. In this episode, you learn how one of the jobs of a production coordinator requires a huge decision-making situation: whether or not to forego/bypass the art director's genga revisions. It is a dillemma that many animation studios have headaches for: Quality of the animation versus meeting the deadline.

Assuming that this anime is actually licensed in your country by some company called CPM, the subtitles may or may not be done by members at that company. I don't know how great their accuracy are, but surely they would have better English comprehension skills than some bootleg copy.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:29   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

This is an old show it seems, and this is the first time I've come across it (at least that I remember in my old age )

looks like its produced by CENTRAL PARK MEDIA, but is on back order.

anyone seen this? is it worth taking a look at? the price is good at around 15$
Old 2007-10-19, 03:00   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I have (and watched) both the first and second Animation Runner Kuromi DVDs and while I really, really enjoyed the first DVD I didn't enjoy the second anywhere near as much.

If you are asking which of the two you should get then I would say the first is the one to go for. If you have seen the first and are considering getting the second then I would say maybe. For some reason the second release didn't seem to bring anything new to the story (for me at least), which is odd really since quite clearly they did bring a new character which introduced some a new situations. I suspect that I just didn't like the new character at all and it seemed the only reason for this was to generate some conflict in the story. Personally I just didn't find it anywhere near as funny, but please remember this is only my personal opinion and maybe I was expecting too much.

Anyway, the DVDs are cheap on-line.
Animation Runner Kuromi $6.00
Animation Runner Kuromi 2 $11.95

Only $6 for the first DVD! Very good value so highly recommended.
Closed Thread