AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-11, 22:02   Link #1841
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
This chapter didn't have much of an impact on me, must be because it was filled with Hiramaru to save the day obv.
Old 2011-03-11, 22:13   Link #1842
lordshadowisle

Same, I'm not feeling the love for this chapter. Nanamine was defeated too quickly, and he didn't even act like a worthy adversary (Let's keep overlapping with PCP! Yeah that'll work). It kind of demeans the value of the conflict altogether.

I liked it though when he tried his final scheme and failed. It really portrayed him as a pathetic character.
Old 2011-03-11, 22:16   Link #1843
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Reading this chapter made me really miss Fukuda.

It was always him to knew how to up the stakes and still keep a strong and honest professionalism and sportsmanship to any rivalry drama.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-03-11, 22:26   Link #1844
kakakka

TBH, I liked how sudden they made Nanamine fall. It made those previous chapters easier to accept.
Old 2011-03-12, 00:03   Link #1845
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

What the... I didn't expect Shounen Jump to be out due to the earthquake. Guess the show must go on.

5+ chapters of setup, and Nanamine fell from the crown in like 15 pages. Isn't that a little too quick? I honestly expected just a little more success from his strategy... my impression is that when his crew finally have to branch out the story a bit is when everything might fall apart.

Plus where's all the Team Fukuda commentary? Do they just not care about this obvious "mind game manga series" feud?

On the other hand... we might have yet another joke character up against Hiramaru. No complaints about that.
Old 2011-03-12, 00:06   Link #1846
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
What the... I didn't expect Shounen Jump to be out due to the earthquake. Guess the show must go on.

5+ chapters of setup, and Nanamine fell from the crown in like 15 pages. Isn't that a little too quick? I honestly expected just a little more success from his strategy... my impression is that when his crew finally have to branch out the story a bit is when everything might fall apart.

Plus where's all the Team Fukuda commentary? Do they just not care about this obvious "mind game manga series" feud?

On the other hand... we might have yet another joke character up against Hiramaru. No complaints about that.
This chapter came out Wednesday and the earthquake didn't happen until Friday. Don't know what's going to happen next week, though.
Old 2011-03-12, 02:04   Link #1847
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it was pretty good, it proves that a hack mangaka won't get anywhere by stealing ideas from others Also Nakai VS Hiramaru? My cookies are on the latter^^ Who knows, maybe he will become more than tea friends if he stands up for her, should be awesome.
Old 2011-03-12, 02:15   Link #1848
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Nakai grin pisses me off. Nanamine falling sooner than I expected.
Old 2011-03-12, 05:01   Link #1849
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i'm glad Nanamine has fallen so quickly. It just goes to show that his methods were going to fail right from the start.

& i hope Nakai leaves again soon. Pages are totally wasted on someone like him.
Old 2011-03-12, 06:03   Link #1850
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nakai's a pretty good representation of "if you're ugly on the outside, you're probably ugly in the inside too."

It's not a very good generalisation and there are circumstances for otherwise, but for Nakai, his pathetic obese self is reflected by his bitterness, lack of self-reflection, empathy. Rather than put in the efforts he claim he will ( work the farms ) or reflect on where he did wrong, he let sloth and disgust devour himself fat to the cheese.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-03-12, 06:35   Link #1851
Divini
Senpai!

I have to say although I swear he was going to be set up to make comeback in this arc, they still really really really want us to hate Nakai.

I thought he was going be part of the catalyst that would correct Nanamine ways (and he still has a chance at it), but at this rate he's just going to mope around and still be his delusional, ugly self. Didn't everybody, even Aoki, wished for him to get back on his feet and try harder? I don't know, I just can't picture him being redeemed anymore without it being forced. If they weren't planning on redeeming him in the first place... well... that would just be sad.
Old 2011-03-12, 13:13   Link #1852
Stefkov

I didn't expect Nanamine to fall that quickly. His downfall was when he lied about the first chapter being in 1st place I think.
I loved Hiramaru's appearance. Him and Aoki are an awesome pairing, one I didn't think I'd like at first but I'm getting to like it.
I thought Nakai was going to stop Nanamine from his path but if the failing of his manga makes Nakai disappear quicker then that's much better.
Old 2011-03-12, 14:29   Link #1853
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've seen what I wanted to see. Nakai can go back to his mom now. Yuri-tan and Hiramaru's pinky swear was so adorable~

Nanamine's downfall was very anticlimatic and a bit disappointing. I expected a lot more out of this character. He let his arrogance and pride consume him, and self-destructed, never coming close to truly threatening Ashirogi/PCP once. I'm hoping this isn't the end of him, or else his introduction will have been quite pointless (just like Shizuka's was).
Old 2011-03-12, 16:19   Link #1854
Xagzan

Osaru's comment upon leaving made me lol. Proud bastard indeed. Gotta wonder what his parents were like, to raise a kid to be an utter rude jackass over manga.

It's remarkable how Nakai was such a sympathetic character when first introduced, but by now O&O have managed to make him so revolting to us. That's good writing.
Old 2011-03-13, 04:57   Link #1855
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I don't get the newbie editor hate people are giving off here. To me he's perfectly realistic and quite sympathetic. He's young, not very confident and he's put together with an author who the senpai at the office are putting a lot of hope in. He doesn't want to blow it because of his own "pride" so he accedes to the headstrong author. Pushover? Maybe. But he's also trying to stand up for his own beliefs a little at a time.

Who knows he could have been a perfectly competent editor with a more compatible author. He does seem to notice earlier than many at the Jump office that he didn't really like Nanamine's work after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
It's remarkable how Nakai was such a sympathetic character when first introduced, but by now O&O have managed to make him so revolting to us. That's good writing.
Eh, I'd say it's rather iffy. Like I'm not sure where the authors want his character to go, or why must we hear more from him.

It's not very hard to make people hate a character. Just let them do horrible things and be a horrible person (like Nakai does and is). It does however leave a question as to why. Bakuman has plenty of perfectly likable, effective "rivals." Like the entire Fukuda team except Ashirogi Muto for starters. Nanamine fills the niche of an antagonistic BUT talented rival (the effectiveness of his character being another issue). Nakai fills...what? The Scrappy? Nobody ever needs Scrappy Doo, ever.
Old 2011-03-13, 05:00   Link #1856
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I do like Nanamine getting defeated easily but there was too much Nakai in this episode. God I hate Nakai.
Old 2011-03-19, 19:27   Link #1857
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 125:
Old 2011-03-19, 20:36   Link #1858
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
This seems to have become a habit of mine :
Hiramaru appeared only briefly again (1page) but he won me over. Reading this manga is like having a few shining golden pages (almost) every chapter, the ones Hiramaru is in^^
I guess Nananime's arc gonna go on for like 2 more chapters, and i'm hoping for some MM development afterwards
Old 2011-03-20, 02:27   Link #1859
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Hiramaru is really the highlight of this chapter, overall this arc had really really good setup but the fall and leadup to final conflict is really weak.

Here's to hoping they do something crazy with the 'same theme' battle.
Old 2011-03-20, 05:08   Link #1860
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Hiramaru is really the highlight of this manga
Fixed that for you.

Yeah i just want the Nananime arc to finish now. At least that front colour cover was all kinds of beautiful.

Tags
manga, shounen