AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-07-31, 01:25   Link #841
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

とある科学の超電磁砲 美琴マニアックス (電撃大王2013年10月号増刊)/ アスキー・メディアワークス
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Misaka Maniacs (Dengeki Daioh October 2013 Special Issue)/ASCII Media Works

TVアニメ好評放送中&電撃大王でコミック好評連載中の『とある科学の超電磁砲』。主人公にしてス ーパーヒ ロインである御坂美琴をまるごと一冊特集した「御坂美琴マニアックス」が登場! アニメでの活躍をたっぷり追いかけられるのはもちろん、美琴の真実に迫る大胆企画やコミックなど、この本な らではの情報が盛りだくさん!

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: a series with an ongoing anime and manga that continue to rule to popularity scene. And its main character, the super herione Mikoto Misaka, gets an special edition volume dedicated just for her: Misaka Maniacs! Of course, the anime series closely follows Mikoto's role in the story, as in her main role in the manga, so this book will be filled to the brim with everything you need to know about Mikoto!

It's most likely an "ultimate guide to Misaka Mikoto".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 01:33   Link #842
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Thanks a lot, Marcus.

No wonder this order was more expensive than previous issues.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 02:56   Link #843
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Fevlie is to be introduced as a very very childish girl.
She is a girl who looks like someone her age, and her speech and actions are overflowing with cuteness.
Her role in Railgun S may possibly be a mascot character of sorts in this particular story.

The thing that makes her stand out is her clothing, as well as how she always has some candy stuffed in her mouth.
She turns out to be a character with so many cute traits shoved into her.
don't tell me kamijou touma will this into his harem ,hehe
Old 2013-08-03, 09:43   Link #844
Sumeragi
Banned

What I noticed from the new OP:

Yes, they really have her size correctly this season.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:54   Link #845
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Size...In every sense of the term
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Don't notice these kinds of things >_< ! She's still a middle school girl!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:03   Link #846
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't notice these kinds of things >_< ! She's still a middle school girl!
Why not? Because she is a middle school girl~♥♥♥♥♥
Old 2013-08-03, 10:19   Link #847
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Da twist. Suddenly, everyone, Fabli included, ends growing above her .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:23   Link #848
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Da twist. Suddenly, everyone, Fabli included, ends growing above her .
Who cares about nikus? I want the perfect shape and size.
Old 2013-08-03, 10:27   Link #849
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I-I wouldn't mind some over compensation....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:49   Link #850
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I think you mean, your shape and size, right?
Old 2013-08-03, 10:54   Link #851
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think you mean, your shape and size, right?
I can't enjoy Miko-chin if she's a bit big, no?
Old 2013-08-03, 12:02   Link #852
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I can't enjoy Miko-chin if she's a bit big, no?
MW, Misuzu, and probably LO once she gets older since she doesn't wants to become like the original :P.
Old 2013-08-06, 13:01   Link #853
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mikoto's power doesn't fire energy beams, however, and the various tines that come up from around the barrel are likely magnetic coils of a sort. Given that it's designed like a gun, and not like, say, a tesla coil, I daresay it was a railgun. I could go further in depth as to why it wouldn't be an energy beam but chances are I'd get banned for "spoilers" even though it's not really a spoiler.
Sorry about this reply being late, lousy connection problems backed up a lot of my internet activities, so instead of bumping the episode thread that isn't about this topic, I figured this is a good place.

So anyways, Thelestina's railgun copy. Back when I first got into this Railgun/Index series, I thought it was funny Misaka flips her coin to shoot, it didn't take me long to realize she was charging her shot while the coin was still flipping in the air. Similar to this last fight, she flipped her coin while charging up, at the same time Thelestina was charging her shot, including her barrel. My understanding was that had there been a projectile inside her barrel, that thing would have fired the moment it lit up. That was the main reason why I never thought of her weapon as a railgun.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 14:50   Link #854
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's face it, if it was a projectile, which I suspect it is given the destructive power a railgun can cause, that scene already showed they didn't know how a such a projectile would work.

That and as we saw with Mugino, an energy beam in the anime takes on a different color than the distinctive yellow/gold light of a railgun shot. Surely you can argue it that the color was just because it was Mugino's power, but I think it's far more likely that she was wielding a railgun based off of Mikoto's power. Especially given the similarity between Meltdowner and Mikoto's Electromaster power; if Kihara wanted a gun that fires laser beams they would've based it off of Mugino's power rather than Mikoto's.
Old 2013-08-06, 22:02   Link #855
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let's face it, if it was a projectile, which I suspect it is given the destructive power a railgun can cause, that scene already showed they didn't know how a such a projectile would work.

That and as we saw with Mugino, an energy beam in the anime takes on a different color than the distinctive yellow/gold light of a railgun shot. Surely you can argue it that the color was just because it was Mugino's power, but I think it's far more likely that she was wielding a railgun based off of Mikoto's power. Especially given the similarity between Meltdowner and Mikoto's Electromaster power; if Kihara wanted a gun that fires laser beams they would've based it off of Mugino's power rather than Mikoto's.
I honestly don't know what Thelestina used, according to her it was many more times powerful than Misaka's, and perhaps this girl was so proud of it she didn't need a projectile and ended up losing anyways, but that's all I'm basing it on why Misaka was able to beat her in the first place.

And, I think it's quite simple why she didn't even mooch off Mugino. Her obsession with Misaka, and how crazy she was, Misaka being ranked higher = profit, it'd be much more fitting defeating the source of your obsession with something similar to theirs, instead of using somebody else's powers. At least that's how I would think if I was a villain, but given her research at the time, I don't Mugino would even cross her mind at any time.
Old 2013-08-06, 22:26   Link #856
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I doubt Thelestina was using a knock-off of Mugino's power, but I also doubt she was using a beam-based weapon, especially a laser. If she was using a beam-based laser, a blooming effect would have prevented any kind of gain on either end, and if she was using a pulsed weapon, Thelestina would have won. A particle weapon is out, too. Sure, you could argue that Mikoto's EM mastery would have been able to block a particle weapon, and from one perspective you're right. On the other, all Thelestina has to do is neutralize the charge of the particles, and there's nothing Mikoto can do about it. An actual gun is the best bet, especially if Thelestina wanted to be a typical Kihara and beat Mikoto at her own game.
Old 2013-08-07, 02:39   Link #857
mangatron

I guess, JC staff did mess up that part I mean, my knowledge of this series is not so deep, it's just from the Anime and Manga, so I have nothing else

Of course I'll just throw out there that Misaka had the power of friendship and all her friends were with her at the time, while Thelestina was all by her lonesome, so maybe that's why she lost
Old 2013-08-07, 02:56   Link #858
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Of course I'll just throw out there that Misaka had the power of friendship and all her friends were with her at the time, while Thelestina was all by her lonesome, so maybe that's why she lost
She lost because of Saten and her aluminum bat.
Old 2013-08-07, 05:02   Link #859
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
She lost because of Saten and her aluminum bat.
LAWL Okay that's it, I am so throwing science out the window, and placing all my faith into Saten-san and her wonderful bat, it really is somewhat true
Old 2013-08-08, 00:20   Link #860
Sumeragi
Banned

For some reason I expect Season Three to be titled.....

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun M

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen