AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-02-25, 16:48   Link #1
Kingpincollector

Does anyone know whats going on with Anime Sky Scraper?

There torrents have been down for a few days. Just wondering when they were going to be back up because I really like the series they put out, they have good quailty episodes, and I almost finished downloading Victory Gundam, the last batch I need is episodes 36-40. If someone could let me know what's up that would be great. Thanks!
Kingpincollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 06:35   Link #2
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpincollector
There torrents have been down for a few days. Just wondering when they were going to be back up because I really like the series they put out, they have good quailty episodes, and I almost finished downloading Victory Gundam, the last batch I need is episodes 36-40. If someone could let me know what's up that would be great. Thanks!
Do they belong in "fansub groups" ? As far as I know they only rip commercial releases and HK DVDs (bootlegs).
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 06:48   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They do. You're forgetting that they sub Gundam ZZ, Macross 7, Shin Getter vs Neo Getter and Victory Gundam. Granted that most of those shows are as good as licensed, but they are still just barely within tolerance of being listed on AnimeSuki.

That's why this thread isn't being closed.

Anyway, if you check out their webpage you'll see this message:

Quote:
Last update:
Feb 25, 2004 4:10 pm PST

#AnimeSkyScraper's torrents are currently down as you may have noticed :P. We are trying to fix it and we will asap! ><. Join #ASS-bt on irc.Criten.net for the latest info.
You really should have checked their webpage for yourself. We try to list everyone's webpage on their group page at www.AnimeSuki.com, just so that you can try to answer some of your own problems.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 17:42   Link #4
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
They do. You're forgetting that they sub Gundam ZZ, Macross 7, Shin Getter vs Neo Getter and Victory Gundam.
Aren't those shows simply rips of the HK DVDs ? The best thing I heard they did is to polish a few HK scripts (in Gundam ZZ probably it wasn't necessary, as the HK guys used the old Arctic Animation fansub scripts; same thing with Macross 7 if they got the right HK DVD set, as there's 2 different ones, one with fansub scripts and the other with HK scripts). I do intend to check their Victory Gundam subs, as I was told they ripped the HK DVDs but did some revision on the scripts to make it sound better.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 20:17   Link #5
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
The V Gundam subs aren't amazing, but they're alright. They almost definetely did some editing and revisions, as it's much better than any bootleg I've ever seen. Of course, the characters are always talking about random philosphical stuff in battle that makes no sense whatsoever, but that's more of a Gundam trademark than bad subs I think.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 04:24   Link #6
user6177
Account Closed By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
same thing with Macross 7 if they got the right HK DVD set, as there's 2 different ones, one with fansub scripts and the other with HK scripts
Then they probably have the wrong HK DVD set...
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 20:25   Link #7
Kingpincollector

Thanks

Thanks for the info everyone. I did check their site at the time I posted this topic, but there was no info on their site at all. After a few days, I did check and I saw that message before you posted it in the forum. Thanks for the info anyway.
Kingpincollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 22:34   Link #8
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
Macross 7's a HK set? That would explain the lack of song subs, and the weird spelling of Myria(should be Millia). I've only watched an epidose but have already burned 12 off my pc. Its a waste if they're just rips. There are the old Fumei subs, but they look awful. I also found the Dynamite OVA from some group called Anime Ocean.
Renaissance Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote