AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-16, 09:34   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Disney plus released English subs, but is it actually available on the platform? It's not on the French one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Watched the first episode and it's pretty good.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2022-09-21, 08:21   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2022-09-21, 08:28   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I thought he was kind of funny and likeable in a schlumpy sort of way...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 12:35   Link #24
Blaat

His hairstyle and glasses reminds me of his dad, and the mole below his left eye reminds me of his mother. I think he's a bit of an amusing dork.

This episode was a lot shorter than the previous one but apparently this is supposed to be a movie and it looks like they're just picking good ending points unlike previous movie-cut-into-smaller episodes anime which tend to rigorously sticked to the 22 minute mark.

Anyway some quick observations: the Ozu who leaped through time joke made me snort, Jougasaki is wearing a shirt that says "Kaori-san" and we continue having characters mentioning events that have happened due to time travel shenanigans looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
Old 2022-09-28, 11:13   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2022-10-11, 06:05   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw the fist 4 episodes. The way the writing manages to maintain logical consistency with the details both obvious and subtle in a closed loop time travel setting is incredible.

Akashi is, of course, always enjoyable to watch.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 06:47   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Akashi is, of course, always enjoyable to watch.
I already loved her, but I think she's even more endearing in this.

The show definitely handle the time travel well, but my issue with it is that this story doesn't really seem to add much to the Tatami universe. It's enjoyable but that's it.
Old 2022-10-12, 14:52   Link #28
Blaat

And it's over. It ended with the fifth episode, as for the sixth episode at the first I thought it was an extra episode for season 1 but ended up showing what happened before this season.

Anyway can't wait for the next Tomihiko Morimi adaptation.
Old 2022-10-12, 18:41   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Disney+ is the best when it comes to killing all hype about an anime. You can barely find any discussion about it on the internet.

I enjoyed it, but it fell really short of the Tatami Galaxy and other Morimi works. I guess it makes sense since the plot is borrowed from a movie and therefore isn't a 100% Morimi product.

I thought I had missed an episode for a moment because we never saw Watashi ask Akashi out. It turns out they cut that scene for some reason. It was basically a big Tatami Galaxy call-back, with Watashi pitching the idea of the final arc of the Tatami Galaxy to Akashi for her next movie and saying he saw it in a dream.

I think I actually enjoyed the final episode the most out of all of them. Bringing back the Tatami Galaxy format and having it be the prequel to the story was really nice. And finally a timeline where Watashi gives Akashi her mochiguma right away instead of hanging onto it!
Old 2022-10-12, 21:20   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It does feel strictly like a side story, but nevertheless very enjoyable. Middling Morimi is still elite.

Tamura kind of made the show for me, TBH. That schlumpy character design and offbeat seiyuu performance were enormously winning.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 23:30   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I never thought I'd be this invested in the time travelling shenanigans of an AC unit remote control. It's as much the MC of this side story as the original MC.

And as a side story, you typically don't see side stories of the original material as well written and produced as this. Side stories often get relegated as an afterthought to either rekindle interest in the original material or boost sales.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-14, 10:03   Link #32
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have US Disney+, and a search for "tatami" brings up nothing. Searching for "anime" brings up a list of shows that we'd all agree have nothing to do with anime.

Limiting "Summertime Render" to Japanese Disney+ made no sense to me; I thought at the time that limitation might be a vagary of Disney's contract with the production committee. Now I don't know what Disney's strategy is.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-14, 18:45   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have US Disney+, and a search for "tatami" brings up nothing. Searching for "anime" brings up a list of shows that we'd all agree have nothing to do with anime.

Limiting "Summertime Render" to Japanese Disney+ made no sense to me; I thought at the time that limitation might be a vagary of Disney's contract with the production committee. Now I don't know what Disney's strategy is.
I don't think even they know what they're doing.

They bought the rights for the Bleach anime for every territory besides the US and they're only simulcasting it in the UK.
Old 2022-10-20, 12:08   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Forgot to post it when I saw it the other day. Tatami Time Machine Blues will be released on Disney+ US on November 9th.
Old 2022-10-21, 07:25   Link #35
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Curious to see which category they will put this in. "Weird stuff from Japan even we don't understand" maybe.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-21, 09:45   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know how it is in the US but here they'll probably put it and other anime in the "Star" category here, which is where everything that isn't Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, or Pixar go.
Old 2022-11-14, 12:21   Link #37
Sides

Think it rolling out slowly region-wise on disney+. Season 1 has been made accessible now on disney+ UK and like Kanon posted it is listed under STAR.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
time travel