Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-27, 14:54   Link #4881
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
Just read the fanfic, one question if don't mind.......are hikki and haruno been some higher up in militar stuff here?
No, just heads of the evil corporation. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 16:40   Link #4882
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
It's quite amazing how you took a not so significant point to bring up. What's with this Freudian point of view?
Had to read it for a Psychology class, to be fair we weren't reading the entire book, but just segments since it wasn't really a focus for the semester. Would explain why I can only remember the Freudian bits of it.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 17:29   Link #4883
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Sorry, couldn't bring myself to write it more straightforward. Otherwise thanks for the review.
I think the critical point for the "out of character part" was that Hikki was acting like Haruno would(evilish), which means she changed him, I like to think Haruno is actually the most broken character of Oregairu (just think Akashi Seijuro), and you would think ¿how 8man could make her true colors come outside? confront her, and change her for good...there's the thing with the fiancee too(forced marriage, gave up on love, ya know), but that would make the same as the current arc, but on a more difficult level...touching those things would make for a really deep fic.

Dammit now I want a "what if" spinoff...orz
Old 2014-11-28, 01:28   Link #4884
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

I'll reply with a PM, Idon't think discussing own fanfiction in length is allowed.

On topic: Frog-kun tweeted he'almost done with Vol.3, so I hope there will be an update soon. #Hachiko_waits
Old 2014-11-28, 07:03   Link #4885
ices
Working Hard

vol 10 chapter 3

Good job, Iroha. As smooth as always...
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 07:59   Link #4886
g3n0c1d3

Quote:
Who died? Was there a recent Buddhist memorial service or something?
i LOLed! thanks exco! u made my day today!
g3n0c1d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 08:25   Link #4887
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
vol 10 chapter 3

Good job, Iroha. As smooth as always...
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just honest..

Pretty good chapter, so Miura development up ahead, huh? Looking forward to that

Also, now that I have read a bit of No Longer Human(which seems a more peppered up, down to earth and actually readable version of Clezio's Le Deluge) I think the first memorandum was perhaps Haruno's monologue, or maybe even Hayama's.
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 14:29   Link #4888
Heat066

Some Saki by Kazuki

Spoiler for Kawasomething:

Anyone willing to translate?
Old 2014-11-28, 16:10   Link #4889
Shadow5YA

Quote:
people who say “it’s time to get serious” for the first time after being cornered were unemployed people and light novel authors. It came to reason that being unemployed equated to being a light novel author.
You're killing me Watari
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 10:45   Link #4890
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

Since i dont like cliffhangers, i haven't tried reading volume-10 yet
just one question :
Does Volume 10 story focuses on Haruno?
Old 2014-11-29, 11:07   Link #4891
Quol
That Guy

It is going to focus on Yukino and by extension Haruno will have a couple appearances.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 11:39   Link #4892
innadi

Hachiman bumps into people when he's out a little too often. Watari uses the plot element of chance meetings to further the plot many times. It serves it's purpose, no doubt, but I think that it's a little unrealistic for Hachiman to have chance meetings with so many people.
innadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 15:42   Link #4893
HazeOfMisery

Spoiler:

This volume is beautiful.

Frankly, i am unsure if i am being a little delusional here but i am loving these small moments that are leading up to the romance.
HazeOfMisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 23:35   Link #4894
lelouch12

dang! wanna see yukino in glasses and her pouting face : )
Old 2014-11-30, 03:01   Link #4895
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Spoiler for :

Always nice to see that jealously so the ships can keep sailing, funny how it's only Iroha that manages to trigger these kinds of moments (Though from what I can tell from 7.5 they are getting annoyed with the special treatment Totsuka gets). Yukino and Yui probably are mistaking his big brother instincts as genuine affection for her. Still hilarious nonetheless.

With that said, it's interesting how Hayama is handling the career situation. I'm unfortunately ignorant on how the Japanese school system works, so anybody care to enlighten me? Is a student not allowed to switch courses if they feel like the one they chose isn't for them? Or is it a set in stone type of deal. Because, to be honest, the drama surrounding this is a bit alien to me.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 03:19   Link #4896
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
“Ummm… we don’t need really need that many people…”
How to Step on a Landmine 101: Isshiki Iroha Edition.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 03:41   Link #4897
Tormenk

Isshiki is only sharp when Hayama is concerned but she couldn't have accounted for the Yukino landmine at all. Well as long as she continues the unwitting cupid role there'll be more developments along the way.

Quote:
“Nah, it’s more like a rumor… Something about you two being seen together over winter break or something…” said Oooka, barely managing to answer.

Hayama let out a short sigh, lowered the corner of his eyes, and curved his mouth upwards. “Oh, is that it? Sorry, but it’s not that fun of a story. We only met because of family business. Besides, there’s no way that’s true. Right, Tobe?”
So it's alright if it's only a rumour? Reads like he's worried it was about a similar matter being leaked instead. Using Tobe for approval to defuse the matter was pretty slick to defuse the situation but at the same time it sounds like self-denial.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 04:10   Link #4898
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
How to Step on a Landmine 101: Isshiki Iroha Edition.
More like "How to Play Football on a Minefield".
Old 2014-11-30, 04:59   Link #4899
HazeOfMisery

I take everything back.

Iroha is the best girl after Yukino. No contest.
HazeOfMisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 05:14   Link #4900
JokerD

Anybody gets the impression that Yukinoshita's iciness at the end is because Iroha managing to activate 'Komachi mode' in 8man?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck