AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 19:18   Link #21
Elvin

I assume it's so you can blow it on the higher cost skills right at the beginning, assuming you didn't learn them all the first play through, in which case it is totally pointless.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 23:08   Link #22
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Max HP and SP is 999 anyway...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:44   Link #23
Huntbelow

iz this game anygood because its coming out in america soon and i wanna no if i should get it (i read no japanese wutsoever but im learning ) plz give me a rating if you wouldnt mind
Huntbelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:58   Link #24
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Mana Khemia 1 is out for a long time already. In fact, I have two copies, one I bought on releaes, the other got bundled in the figure I bought for 100 bucks because the figure is worth the same price anyways if you bought it separately.

As for Mana Khemia 2, it's only rumours at this point but it's the rumoured 2nd game NISAmerica has yet to give an announcement on (first one being Ar Tonelico 2, already officially aanounced). Probably be released sometime in early '09, since Ar Tonelico 2 is announced to be released in december.

As for MK1, I myself give it about a 5/10... totally medicore IMO. Pro reviews can be found though at
RPGamer (3/5, 4/5) : http://www.rpgamer.com/pointsofview/...game&game=1443
RPGFan (90%): http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/manakhemia/index.html

But if you really loved the alchemy system of Atelier Iris series (and to a lesser extent, Ar tonelico), then this game is a definite must watch.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 22:00   Link #25
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This may be futile, but is there a pic out there of Anna in her "adult" form?
If you're asking about anything and not just official art, http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...lust_id=165105 - not that good a picture though IMO...

Not a lot of fanart for the first game, it's all of Puniyo and Wim from MK2.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 22:02   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Asking for the official, actually... Its such a shame that theres no official art
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 10:49   Link #27
Sciel
Etoilé

The bigger fail IMO in MK is the lack of any main story other Vain's past.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 11:21   Link #28
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
BTW... got the PSP version and it's an extreme Fail Portage...
The Game lag seriously... Fight are slow, it remind Ar Tonelico speed and lag...
Graphism have decrease, the Opening is not resized and well...
Except that Sulpher have a Voice now, it's not enough... avoid this PSP version, seriously (even with the Install system)
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 21:54   Link #29
FateAnomaly

Just got the English PSP version. The loading time is fine. Enjoying the game so far.

I have a couple question regarding ether effects. How do i know what they do? Are those stat+ effect stackable. The result is not reflected as far as i can see. Thanks in advance.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 22:45   Link #30
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Just got the English PSP version. The loading time is fine. Enjoying the game so far.

I have a couple question regarding ether effects. How do i know what they do? Are those stat+ effect stackable. The result is not reflected as far as i can see. Thanks in advance.
I have the PS2 version. I got it for 20 bucks during the unannounced reprint period. I don't think there is much differences between the two version except graphics and possibly extra content.

The ether effects are quite easy. Just pay attention to the color and press on the right time, it should pile up to 100% but that actually depends on the items you use. The stats you see can change depending on how you make the item. If the % drops, the stats such as sweet may turn sour or bitter. If the % increases, it may add extra effects. At first, you probably won't find any of it being useful but it occurs that some of the items must be created at low percentage points, while some at high percentage points. The items can be used in battle, as well as assignment requirements. Some of the part-time jobs also require specific items. On top of this, making good equipment also requires specific items. Once you get use to it, it will all be very easy except that some items are really difficult to get ahold of.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 23:06   Link #31
meh

@FateAnomaly, the single player aspect of this game is ported w/o changes from the PS2 version. So for any questions you can refer to online guides for that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
BTW... got the PSP version and it's an extreme Fail Portage...
The Game lag seriously... Fight are slow, it remind Ar Tonelico speed and lag...
Graphism have decrease, the Opening is not resized and well...
Except that Sulpher have a Voice now, it's not enough... avoid this PSP version, seriously (even with the Install system)
I never found Ar Tonelico to lag enough to matter. I agree that this PSP port also has these minor lags. But since enough people brushed off AT's lag enough to buy AT2, I'm guessing the lag in this game shouldn't be problematic for most people.

Of course, if you have the old fat PSP, you really should try to run it off the memory stick instead of the UMD. The Jump Start system is really only helpful for the newer versions.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 22:06   Link #32
FateAnomaly

I know how to get the ether effects but i just want to know what it does. I can't seem to find the answer on the faqs either. My main question is do the stat+ effects stack on equipment?
Old 2009-03-19, 00:41   Link #33
meh

Quote:
I know how to get the ether effects but i just want to know what it does. I can't seem to find the answer on the faqs either. My main question is do the stat+ effects stack on equipment?
If you examine the item closely during synthesis, you'd see that various effects appear and vanish as ether level changes. That's more or less the point behind it. So an item at level 100 may have something like Speed M/Hellwave while at 50 may have Speed S/Cold(I just made up these things, just to give you an idea).

I don't actually experiment enough to actually look deeply into it.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 01:34   Link #34
FateAnomaly

Thanks but like i said i know that. What i mean is if my collar have ATK+ S and my uniform have ATK+ S, do they stack?
Old 2009-03-19, 05:55   Link #35
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thanks but like i said i know that. What i mean is if my collar have ATK+ S and my uniform have ATK+ S, do they stack?
Both of the ATK+ S will be listed on the character status screen. However the effects of both won't stack, only one will be active. Until you acquired a ATK+ M ether effect, it will override ATK+ S effect which is smaller.
Old 2009-03-19, 06:16   Link #36
FateAnomaly

Thanks for the answer. I have another question if you don't mind. How much does a stat+ S or M add anyway?
Old 2009-03-19, 06:30   Link #37
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. I have another question if you don't mind. How much does a stat+ S or M add anyway?
That I haven't calculated ever since my first playthrough from the PS2. So sorry, can't answer that one.
Old 2009-03-19, 06:32   Link #38
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Percentage of (weapon) attack. If I'm correct, around +5-10% for S, and +15-25% for M. There are also L (which I totally forget how much does it add but definitely a big jump from M) and some other rare ether boosts whose items are pretty hard to get too.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 21:51   Link #39
FateAnomaly

Anyone has any idea what does Attack spec and Defense spec ether effects do? I tried it and it only add a few points of att/def. Hardly seem to be worth the trouble.

There are also some weird effects like useless and *heavy. What is the point of that?
Old 2009-03-23, 23:19   Link #40
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
There are also some weird effects like useless and *heavy. What is the point of that?
I think it is meant for the side quests. I am not sure but there was one time when I had this 100% sweet cake or something like that and the side quest required me getting a sour cake, so in the end, I had to do the process again to get a 30% or lower item. After that, I had to do the process again to get the 100%, so that future repeats will be done automatically.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote