AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-01, 15:56   Link #221
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
And Shanks, regardless of wanting to stop the war, should never have let Blackbeard walk out of there, especially after his warning to Whitebeard.
Why not for the moment he said he was not going to hurt anyone unless the war ended then and there. It was a War that should have ended the minute Ace died
Old 2011-02-01, 16:02   Link #222
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Why not for the moment he said he was not going to hurt anyone unless the war ended then and there. It was a War that should have ended the minute Ace died
And Blackbeard was a situation outside of the war. Sure he caused it, but that should be even more reason to go after him.
Old 2011-02-01, 16:06   Link #223
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
And Blackbeard was a situation outside of the war. Sure he caused it, but that should be even more reason to go after him.
and thus Shanks would have started more fighting and more bloodshed
Old 2011-02-01, 16:07   Link #224
marvelB

About Garp and Sengoku taking down Blackbeard: I'm not 100% certain about that. I mean, before Shanks came along and blew his ref whistle on the war, Blackbeard was about to take on the both of those guys solo. And this was despite him getting smacked around by Sengoku's shockwaves just previous to this handicap matchup. Maybe Teach was confident that he could take the both of them on because they were old fogies like Whitebeard, but he certainly showed no sign of backing down from those two legendary marines......

.....Which is why I still found it kinda odd that he ran away from Akainu later on. If he didn't back down against 2 legends at Marineford (both of whom being admiral-level at that), then I don't really see any reason why he should've ran from the red hound. I'm not saying that he should have quake-punched him the instant he arrived on that island or whatever, but he could have just silently handed over Bonney and went on his merry way with no conflict (and yes, I'm aware that being cowardly is more fitting of his nature, but still).......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 16:39   Link #225
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
and thus Shanks would have started more fighting and more bloodshed
But it wouldn't have been pointless fighting and bloodshed, which was his whole issue with the Marineford battle after Ace and Whitebeard were killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
About Garp and Sengoku taking down Blackbeard: I'm not 100% certain about that. I mean, before Shanks came along and blew his ref whistle on the war, Blackbeard was about to take on the both of those guys solo. And this was despite him getting smacked around by Sengoku's shockwaves just previous to this handicap matchup. Maybe Teach was confident that he could take the both of them on because they were old fogies like Whitebeard, but he certainly showed no sign of backing down from those two legendary marines......

.....Which is why I still found it kinda odd that he ran away from Akainu later on. If he didn't back down against 2 legends at Marineford (both of whom being admiral-level at that), then I don't really see any reason why he should've ran from the red hound. I'm not saying that he should have quake-punched him the instant he arrived on that island or whatever, but he could have just silently handed over Bonney and went on his merry way with no conflict (and yes, I'm aware that being cowardly is more fitting of his nature, but still).......
I think him wanting to take on Sengoku and Garp was overconfidence more than anything. He had just stolen the Gura Gura no Mi's powers, and became the first person in history (that we know of) to possess two DFs. He had just declared himself to be the strongest person in the world, even though he probably wasn't at the moment.
Old 2011-02-01, 18:29   Link #226
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
BB was a problem that WB had to deal with. It was in his hands. Shanks only made a suggestion to call Ace back; the decision was ultimately up to WB. That being said, it wasn't really Shanks' place to interfere with BB. Furthermore, Shanks doesn't instigate fights. He'll only retaliate if someone causes harm to his crew, and BB didn't do that so there was no reason to invoke Shanks trying to stop him.
Old 2011-02-01, 18:43   Link #227
Kallen4life

Quote:
That being said, it wasn't really Shanks' place to interfere with BB. Furthermore, Shanks doesn't instigate fights. He'll only retaliate if someone causes harm to his crew, and BB didn't do that so there was no reason to invoke Shanks trying to stop him.
agreed

Shanks isn't some 'hero of justice' and there's no reason for him to go all out in the middle of the most devastating battle in decades (risking his life AND his crewmates) - all just to get BB, who has not, so far, attacked the RH pirates

Shanks had a simple objective - stop the war, i.e. ALL fighting .. he succeeded
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 19:38   Link #228
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
But it wouldn't have been pointless fighting and bloodshed, which was his whole issue with the Marineford battle after Ace and Whitebeard were killed.

I wonder if Shanks could even beat Black beard in battle
Second even if he fought Black beard how owld that help for Whitebeard and ace who were still on the battlefield dead
Old 2011-02-01, 20:42   Link #229
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
I wonder if Shanks could even beat Black beard in battle
Second even if he fought Black beard how owld that help for Whitebeard and ace who were still on the battlefield dead

Well, we know that before Shanks lost his arm, and BEFORE Blackbeard got his Devil Fruit, Blackbeard had put those 3 scars on Shanks' face. So I think right now, Blackbeard has somewhat of an upperhand.

Though, Shank's Haki might still be strong enough to do something with Blackbeard.
Old 2011-02-03, 08:11   Link #230
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, we know that before Shanks lost his arm, and BEFORE Blackbeard got his Devil Fruit, Blackbeard had put those 3 scars on Shanks' face. So I think right now, Blackbeard has somewhat of an upperhand.

Though, Shank's Haki might still be strong enough to do something with Blackbeard.
Maybe but of course we can't really be sure of that we didn't know how much he was able to do in the last fight
Old 2011-02-03, 15:25   Link #231
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Blackbeard was high on power after obtaining WB's fruit. He said that he felt like he could do anything he wanted. BB is overconfident and cocky and very careless.

The out come woulda been obvious. He'd have gotten his ass kicked big time.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 15:32   Link #232
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Shanks demanded that the war be stopped. That means that all parties were to withdraw, otherwise they would have to deal with the red-hair pirates and risk suffering more casualties/fatalities. Besides, each side got what they wanted, so it was best to live and fight another day.
It was not best to leave BB to walk free. He was walking out with 4 Lvl 6 criminals that had been imprisoned and wiped from history because of the nature of the crimes they committed. Whatever they did before - they will no doubt do again.

Its the job of the Marines to enforce justice - and even if it means suffering bigger losses - its a small price to pay to eliminate them.
Old 2011-02-03, 16:04   Link #233
Kallen4life

bigger losses here might've been getting wiped out off the face of the earth
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-02-03, 16:13   Link #234
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Blackbeard was high on power after obtaining WB's fruit. He said that he felt like he could do anything he wanted. BB is overconfident and cocky and very careless.

The out come woulda been obvious. He'd have gotten his ass kicked big time.
And what basis do you have for such a bold claim? The man tanked 2 of WB's attacks and shrugged off the pain moments later. After acquiring the Quake ability, there are very few who can oppose him. The Gorosei even said that only the remaining emperors would be able to stop him and maybe the remnants of the WB pirates.
Old 2011-02-03, 16:26   Link #235
Kallen4life

I'd definitely put my money on Sengoku & Garp tag-team in the end, though this fight would've been much harder for them then vs Shiki

and yeah - BB took em on, because he was pretty much high on power atm, having become the 'ultimate being' and declared war on the world - gotta back that up instead of running away in front of the cameras .. + he likely does think of them as old relics (biiig mistake) and he has his crew to help out in case

he seemed positive he could take a wounded WB solo too - how did that turn out, hmm

later he cooled his head and ran from Akainu

if it were 1v1 vs either Sengoku or Garp then I'd bet on BB
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-02-04, 13:51   Link #236
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I'd definitely put my money on Sengoku & Garp tag-team in the end, though this fight would've been much harder for them then vs Shiki
BB vs. Sengoku & Garp happened off-panel. What we do know is that by the end of the war, Sengoku's body was wrapped in bandages. BB must have given the duo a good fight. Of course, there's also the chance his crew got involved as well.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:58   Link #237
marvelB

^Yeah, I was always curious about those bandages. I guess either Blackbeard managed to land a few lucky shots on Sengoku offscreen, or else his injuries are a side-effect of his Buddha DF. Actually, the latter possibility would certainly be fitting, since in Buddhism the human body is perceived as naught but a vessel of suffering......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 15:30   Link #238
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
And what basis do you have for such a bold claim? The man tanked 2 of WB's attacks and shrugged off the pain moments later. After acquiring the Quake ability, there are very few who can oppose him.
Because both of em are Legendary Marines on par with Whitebeard, Roger & Shiki.
Blackbeard couldn't even handle almost dead Whitebeard. What makes you think for 1 moment, he'd stand a chance against 2 Legendary Marines at full strength?
Of course i am refering at that specific time - during the war itself.

It'd be a different story now obviously, 2 years on now that he has fully mastered BOTH abilities.
Old 2011-02-07, 15:33   Link #239
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
BB vs. Sengoku & Garp happened off-panel. What we do know is that by the end of the war, Sengoku's body was wrapped in bandages. BB must have given the duo a good fight. Of course, there's also the chance his crew got involved as well.
He just wrapped himself in bandages just to make it appear as though he actually did something in the war.

Seriously though, we'll probably see a little more in the next episode. Though that'd only really be filler stuff...
Old 2011-02-07, 15:37   Link #240
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Blackbeard couldn't even handle almost dead Whitebeard. What makes you think for 1 moment, he'd stand a chance against 2 Legendary Marines at full strength?
Of course i am refering at that specific time - during the war itself.
BB only had the Darkness fruit when he went up against WB. Against Garp and Sengoku, he had both Darkness and Quake. Furthermore, the legendary duo didn't appear to gain any advantage over BB. As a matter of fact, we even see Sengoku's body covered in bandages at the end of the war (as I already mentioned).

Keep in mind that the Gorosei also said that only the remaining emperors and perhaps the remnants of the WB pirates can stop him. BB became a huge threat the moment he acquired the Quake ability. Very few could oppose him.