AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 09:37   Link #821
tsunade666

The faction in Hidan no Aria is still not yet fully establish. Well it still in introduction. New character per volume. But if I'm picking for character development. I will pick Hidan no Aria than index. Index focus on too few with vast characters to develop. While Hidan no Aria develops the main character well.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-10 at 12:42. Reason: Hints at future events and spoilers from other anine/light novels don't belong here.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 11:12   Link #822
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

The faction in Hidan no Aria is still not yet fully establish. Well it still in introduction. New character per volume. But if I'm picking for character development. I will pick Hidan no Aria than index. Index focus on too few with vast characters to develop. While Hidan no Aria develops the main character well.

So I'm not really bothered or surprise or let down or anything if Aria doesn't have an Antagonist Faction just yet.

The reason why I had asked about the 'depth' of the World is because I often find myself more hooked onto stories with interesting settings (DGM, Nanoha, Index) , when I say more 'hooked' I mean even after the show finishes I'll still be hanging around instead of moving to another location.

Aria might just be my next interest.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-10 at 12:43. Reason: Hints at future events and spoilers from other anine/light novels don't belong here.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 11:45   Link #823
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

One thing to remember, Hidan no Aria is a MF Bunko which usually targeted toward younger audience with books that have simple story while Index is published by Dengeki Bunko which usually publish books that have a "heavier" story. Hidan no Aria is good, but the plot might not be as deep as Index as the story goes on.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 18:15   Link #824
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
One thing to remember, Hidan no Aria is a MF Bunko which usually targeted toward younger audience with books that have simple story while Index is published by Dengeki Bunko which usually publish books that have a "heavier" story. Hidan no Aria is good, but the plot might not be as deep as Index as the story goes on.
Yet, it doesn't fail to hit you with plot twists and surprises.

Almost every volume has both.
Old 2011-04-11, 00:11   Link #825
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Small plot twists, on the level of harry potter book only. What I meant was the big bad might not have plan as convoluted as Index since the story is more targeted toward younger audience, not that the big bad in Index has that much of convoluted plan anyway. I mean, the butei rule alone make the story seems more... light compared to index where you have people dying in the most horrible state possible.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Hidan no Aria is a very enjoyable series that will still give you a plot twist or two in every arc that either will blow you away or you probably already see the twist from far away. Just don't set your bar too high in regards to convoluted plot and ends up disappointed when it doesn't match your expectation later.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 02:03   Link #826
tsunade666

Well Hidan no Aria is sure joy and more light hearten than Index. And maybe the plot twist isn't that dark that people who loves dark and deep story might feel light but that's also a part of it's charm. I read hidan no aria more than index. Because even in machine translation it's much more easier to read and not boring at all. Index is fun read but when it gets serious and your mind isn't up to it. You might ended up sleeping while reading just like me.
Old 2011-04-11, 03:50   Link #827
AlaAlba

so..... when will this anime starts?

I read vol 3 but somehow I lost abit of interest of it, well.. I'm getting lazy to finish the volume. Maybe I'll check the anime instead because it'd save my time
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 04:19   Link #828
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
so..... when will this anime starts?

I read vol 3 but somehow I lost abit of interest of it, well.. I'm getting lazy to finish the volume. Maybe I'll check the anime instead because it'd save my time
this Wednesday... WEDNESTDAY I TELLS YA!!!! actually Thursday 4 da raw and Friday 4 da subs unless liek in IS moments after releasing raw, a sub comes out....

but idfc if it no sub or not... just want to see how the VA handles gigolo kinji.... and Rie's typical high pitch voice that will be a mix of Taiga's aggressiveness, Louise's trigger-happiness and probably Shana's 'shut up' will be thar (since all are voiced by same VA)
Old 2011-04-11, 04:37   Link #829
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and probably Shana's 'shut up' will be thar (since all are voiced by same VA)
the Shana's "Urusai, urusai, urusai!" too? lulz.. this is getting interesting. I am looking forward to that.
Old 2011-04-11, 05:45   Link #830
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
the Shana's "Urusai, urusai, urusai!" too? lulz.. this is getting interesting. I am looking forward to that.
its Rie, remember? and somewhere in the LN, she DID say that to Kinji.
Old 2011-04-11, 05:48   Link #831
Xacual

After JC Staff's most recent screw up of another adaptation, I'm really only looking forward to Shirayuki's antics. Well and Kinji's too I suppose.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:54   Link #832
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Dengeki Bunko's titles have heavy-plot which is hard and boring to read while MF Bunko J's titles have story that wasn't heavy, but easy to read.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:56   Link #833
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
After JC Staff's most recent screw up of another adaptation, I'm really only looking forward to Shirayuki's antics. Well and Kinji's too I suppose.
DAT DEAD EYES is what im expecting with Shirayuki...
Old 2011-04-11, 06:34   Link #834
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
this Wednesday... WEDNESTDAY I TELLS YA!!!! actually Thursday 4 da raw and Friday 4 da subs unless liek in IS moments after releasing raw, a sub comes out....

but idfc if it no sub or not... just want to see how the VA handles gigolo kinji.... and Rie's typical high pitch voice that will be a mix of Taiga's aggressiveness, Louise's trigger-happiness and probably Shana's 'shut up' will be thar (since all are voiced by same VA)
Ou, it's this week , that's a good news

and Woot for Kugimiya, I never bored listening to her voice. And Kinji's will be Majima Junji? never heard of him.
*checks out wiki...*
lol, he's Takasu Ryuuji. I like his voice too. Tora dora konbi is back!

This will be in the 2nd on my watching list, after kaminomi 2
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 10:17   Link #835
tsunade666

http://countdown.mandragon.info/

it's this friday. The raws will come out by pass 12 midnight and saturday for the count on my country. But who cares. I don't sleep at night I sleep at morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
what particular screw up show did you mean xacual?
Old 2011-04-11, 10:37   Link #836
Crackabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies:

im all over this one

I'm rele looking forward to seeing this animated
especially
Spoiler for :

ive read the LN up to Volume 3 chapter 1 and rele like it!
Old 2011-04-11, 10:59   Link #837
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what particular screw up show did you mean xacual?
Yumekui Merry got destroyed real bad... Two words: Original Ending.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 11:58   Link #838
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies:
Oh GAWD, she's too adorable. XD I want to hug her and squeeze her and pet her head. >_<

CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY'S RAW!!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-11 at 23:24. Reason: Let's be mindful of the double-posting when just editing your post is sufficent.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 13:40   Link #839
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yumekui Merry got destroyed real bad... Two words: Original Ending.
Yeah this is what I meant, I can always hope otherwise though, I mean Hayate Season 2 was a really good adaptation after all. JC staff just seems to adore anime original story arcs too much.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 15:37   Link #840
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

As far as I can remember, the first time Aria 3-burst shot Urusai was in Volume 4.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-13 at 07:12. Reason: removed quote of a deleted post
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere