AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-27, 15:57   Link #1041
ijuinkun

You have a point there--the rod and the container it was buried in and the letter from Tsuruya's ancestor appeared to be 300 years old, but that does not necessarily mean that they have been there since 300 years ago. Excepting for the Tsuruya family's memories of having seen the letter more than four years ago (if such memories exist and are not false ones), there is no known evidence that the rod was not planted after Haruhi's timequake instead of before.

Note also that it's Mikuru's organization who wanted the artifact recovered into Tsuruya's keeping--they had Kyon move the marker stone so that it would not be found with Haruhi present, but they did nothing to prevent him from having Tsuruya dig it up and analyze it. As such, it must suit their purposes for Tsuruya to be aware of the object's anachronous nature. I expect that the rod will be a MacGuffin for when the entire Mikuru/Fujiwara plot comes to a climax.
Old 2010-09-27, 22:15   Link #1042
jin jin5000

My guess the titanium rod will be come something significant that pieces together some of the story's mysteries

*captain obvious*
Old 2010-09-28, 01:48   Link #1043
unsuspectingvisitor

there is no known evidence that the rod was not planted after Haruhi's timequake instead of before..[/QUOTE]

yes that is possibly correct,what i think is the mikuru(big) put it in there for some reason after the timequake(because they cant go back futher in time because of the time quake,correct me if im wrong ).i suspect her because she is the one that know where it was and she knows everything that gonna happened in the future.
she will just gonna say its predeterminded.

well guys i have a question:
what does kyon mean when he compared the 2 truimp card he has.
like telling haruhi about him being john smith and telling asahina about her future self being her boss.i really dont understand why those two is similar for him.
Old 2010-09-28, 16:51   Link #1044
Othello~
*Author

I'm not really sure he even compared the two? Unless my memory serves me wrong, he never mentioned them together and I don't think they are similar but it's possible that he means that he could fend off the time travelers by telling Mikuru about her alternate self.

I don't really know,
Old 2010-09-28, 17:50   Link #1045
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
well guys i have a question:
what does kyon mean when he compared the 2 truimp card he has.
like telling haruhi about him being john smith and telling asahina about her future self being her boss.i really dont understand why those two is similar for him.
Not really sure about the second one, but I think he means that he has power over Asahina because he knows who her supervisor is. She has no clue who is giving her the orders or anything, but Kyon does. If Kyon were to tell her, it could mess things up. Or if he let the secret out to anyone else. Just the same as telling Haruhi that he's John Smith.
Old 2010-09-28, 18:50   Link #1046
Othello~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Not really sure about the second one, but I think he means that he has power over Asahina because he knows who her supervisor is. She has no clue who is giving her the orders or anything, but Kyon does. If Kyon were to tell her, it could mess things up. Or if he let the secret out to anyone else. Just the same as telling Haruhi that he's John Smith.
Yeah, that's it .
Old 2010-09-29, 02:19   Link #1047
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

They're two superficially similar weapons with wildly different effects.

"John Smith" is Kyon's wild card to break the truth to Haruhi and by extension gain a greater control on her, which would mess up the IDSE's experiment, cause havoc among the espers, and place the time travelers at her mercy. That said, it's a less dangerous weapon, since Haruhi's subconscious is unlikely to ever allow her to knowingly do anything that would actually harm anyone in any of those groups (despite his threat to the IDSE in Disappearance), while her consciousness of the issue grants her greater knowledge of the dangers of her actions.

"Mikuru(big)" is a more focused wild card (time travelers only), but has the potential to be much more dangerous, since if he tells Mikuru(small) the truth before she's supposed to find out, her future is changed, which could conceivably unravel it altogether.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:35   Link #1048
unsuspectingvisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
I'm not really sure he even compared the two? Unless my memory serves me wrong, he never mentioned them together and I don't think they are similar but it's possible that he means that he could fend off the time travelers by telling Mikuru about her alternate self.

I don't really know,
your right i got it wrong sorry..
Old 2010-09-29, 03:16   Link #1049
unsuspectingvisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

"Mikuru(big)" is a more focused wild card (time travelers only), but has the potential to be much more dangerous, since if he tells Mikuru(small) the truth before she's supposed to find out, her future is changed, which could conceivably unravel it altogether.

i think the only person affected by this is mikuru(big) and kyon didnt see the danger of telling mikuru(small) about her future self

Last edited by unsuspectingvisitor; 2010-09-29 at 18:58.
Old 2011-04-04, 18:28   Link #1050
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Yesterday, Kadokawa updated their Haruhi Specialty site with a couple of quizzes. The Alpha page has the SOS Brigade Enrollment Examination while the Beta page has the North High Entrance Examination.

The SOS Brigade Enrollment Examination involves four tasks on the literature portion and two tasks on the art portion. The literature portion asks for you to choose one of the following:
  1. List 14 days worth of activities for a summer vacation
  2. Using no more than 800 characters, write a short story involving three of the following ides (Haruhi Suzumiya, Surprise, Shamisen, One's true self, Magical Girl, slider, global scale, birthday, world, dream)
  3. Using no more than 200 characters, choose one of (alien, time traveler, esper) and write why you feel they are the best.
  4. Write what Haruhi/Kyouko Tachibana are saying in their respective images

The art portion asks you to choose one of three topics:
  1. Color the image of Haruhi Suzumiya
  2. Draw Kuyou Suou in civilian clothing using the model for reference
  3. Display the theme of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya in any form, but it may stay true to the original work

On the North High Entrance Examination, there is a 50 question multiple choice quiz. In order to save space, I'm using a spoiler tag. These questions involve heavy remembrance of all 9 novels so far, thus necessitating this thread.
Spoiler:

Each question on β's quiz is worth 2 points. I got 70 on my first try with little translation. For question 10, the dates are from the official quiz and not my input. I suppose the theory that the story takes place in 2010 is now ruined.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-04-04, 19:13   Link #1051
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Why does it sound fairly easy to join the SOS Brigade? I thought Haruhi was insanely selective over who she recruits.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2011-04-04, 19:25   Link #1052
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Few rational people at North High want to have anything to do with the infamous Haruhi Suzumiya. The rest of us though...that is a different matter.
Old 2011-04-04, 19:40   Link #1053
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I was more referring to the fact that she kicked a couple first years out for just seeming superficially interested in joining the Brigade in Volume 9. A "Magical Girl Haruhi Suzumiya" story could easily include just about any of the other "ideas" for option two of the literature portion, and the art portion has what sounds like a coloring page as its first option. This just sounds way too easy to me.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2011-04-04, 23:31   Link #1054
ijuinkun

Hmmm, Haruhi chasing after a rumored (but real) Magical Girl while the SOS-Dan have to hide the evidence sounds like a nice idea for a fanfic . . .
Old 2011-04-04, 23:58   Link #1055
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes, but would it be Nanoha-type, Sailor Moon-type, or Madoka-type?
Old 2011-04-05, 02:25   Link #1056
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yes, but would it be Nanoha-type, Sailor Moon-type, or Madoka-type?
Hopefully not the latter. Given Haruhi's mentality and sense of what would be 'proper', probably the Sailor Moon type.
Old 2011-04-05, 02:48   Link #1057
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
On the North High Entrance Examination, there is a 50 question multiple choice quiz. In order to save space, I'm using a spoiler tag. These questions involve heavy remembrance of all 9 novels so far, thus necessitating this thread.
Spoiler:

Each question on β's quiz is worth 2 points. I got 70 on my first try with little translation. For question 10, the dates are from the official quiz and not my input. I suppose the theory that the story takes place in 2010 is now ruined.
Pretty sure the third and fourth choices on question 47 should be translated as "Dies Irae" and "Equinox".
Old 2011-04-05, 03:47   Link #1058
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm. Okay. So I imagine one of these, random, writers would be take the SOS-dan as the setup for a Sailor Moon parody. Haruhi being Haruhi would cast Mikuru as Sailor Moon and herself as Sailor Mars. Yuki would be Mercury. Tsuruya could be Venus. Itsuki would be Tuxedo Mask. And to fill the slider requirement (and irony I suppose in a SMA way), Kyonko as Jupiter. Shamisen would likely get tasked to play Luna.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:10   Link #1059
dnab
anime berkeley

Which test is easier really depends on who you are. The alpha-Haruhi-open_ended-right_brain test the artsiness of the subject, and sky's the limit as how good one needs to be to impress her. The beta-Sasaki-factual-left_brain test is quite objective. If you're a good student and studied the novels 10 times (I'm sure many have given the 4 years delay; btw this is a way to make sure Haruhi fans brush up on their novels in case one's need some dusting) or simply do some Googling you'd pass with flying colors.
Old 2011-04-06, 22:59   Link #1060
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Yesterday, Kadokawa updated their Haruhi Specialty site with a couple of quizzes. The Alpha page has the SOS Brigade Enrollment Examination while the Beta page has the North High Entrance Examination.

The SOS Brigade Enrollment Examination involves four tasks on the literature portion and two tasks on the art portion. The literature portion asks for you to choose one of the following:
  1. List 14 days worth of activities for a summer vacation
  2. Using no more than 800 characters, write a short story involving three of the following ides (Haruhi Suzumiya, Surprise, Shamisen, One's true self, Magical Girl, slider, global scale, birthday, world, dream)
  3. Using no more than 200 characters, choose one of (alien, time traveler, esper) and write why you feel they are the best.
  4. Write what Haruhi/Kyouko Tachibana are saying in their respective images

The art portion asks you to choose one of three topics:
  1. Color the image of Haruhi Suzumiya
  2. Draw Kuyou Suou in civilian clothing using the model for reference
  3. Display the theme of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya in any form, but it may stay true to the original work

Spoiler:

I got 68 points, but not bad considering I haven't re-read the novels in a year I should do that again
Closed Thread