AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-11, 11:42   Link #61
InfiniteDistance

I'm glad they're done with the Skaven Squeerat wars, though I have to say I'm mildly concerned about the weird transitions. It seems the series hasn't recaptured the quality of the first few episodes, but I hope it will soon.

I'm definitely excited about one little tidbit from the preview..Saki with LONG HAIR
Old 2012-11-11, 13:41   Link #62
momonae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think some people thought that Squealer had bad intentions towards Satoru and Saki (or at least Saki). In other words, that he felt some sort of malice towards them and/or wanted to backstab them.

No, I think Squealer is sincere about him viewing them as gods. However, I also think he was sincere in the self-depreciating comments he made about himself when confronted by Saki over the backstabing incident.

Squealer is like the typical slimy coward that will do and say whatever he thinks will save his skin... but he's not a particularly malicious or sadistic being. To the extent that he can help "his gods" while still saving his own skin, he'll do it. But if he has to sell them out to save his own skin, he'll do that too.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-11, 19:01   Link #63
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
On another note, I was surprised Shun was able to remember his mantra. He's clearly on a level of his own, way above the others. It's kinda frightening actually, and it makes me worry for him: too much power is never a good thing...
I think Saki > Shun.

Okay, "raw stats" wise Shun > Saki. He's obviously the smartest, best PK-user out of the 5, but Saki seems the most clever, i.e. out of the box thinking.

She:
-Helped the drowning rat thing. Not expected at all of people in that society.
-Devised the method in which to capture the library device.
-Got meaningful information out of the library device.
-Figured out how to restore powers (remember, Shun remembered his mantra, but couldn't get his powers back).
Old 2012-11-11, 19:46   Link #64
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh dear. Animation where art thou?

It was an entertaining episode, but it felt pretty awkward to say the least. However, I am left wondering what will happen to the kids when they get back. That can't be pretty.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-11, 19:47   Link #65
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a good arc. I can't wait for the next shocking developments.

And a time skip!? I think that will play in quite nicely.
Old 2012-11-11, 21:15   Link #66
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
I think Saki > Shun.

Okay, "raw stats" wise Shun > Saki. He's obviously the smartest, best PK-user out of the 5, but Saki seems the most clever, i.e. out of the box thinking.
It's not a competition Random32. I was just noting my worries over Shun's rather unique talents.

And just so you know, Shun's the biggest Saki fanboy here. He clearly admires how clever and bold she is.
Old 2012-11-12, 04:31   Link #67
Jinuzuki
Banned

I really liked the insinuation of such a close up of rather romantic values such as in the spoiler...

Spoiler:

Sadly never went farther than a tease. Sadly a Saki x Satoru happening might not be too soon in terms of kisses.

Also a scene that seemed subtly important, in terms of foreshadowing, was the brief moment Satoru held onto Saki’s hand:

Spoiler:

while, as the Giant Hornet colony sped towards them, they acceptingly awaited their seemingly impending deaths. The framing of this interaction potentially suggests a parallel to the time Shun held Saki’s hand, as the camera lingered on this simplistic sensation for a second longer than the others, perhaps inferring that Saki's feelings could eventually change.
Old 2012-11-12, 09:35   Link #68
Gohan78
Awakened One

I agree that this episode had a lot of awkward transitions.
As for Kiroumaru, I simply think that Satoru's concerns were unfounded. He never received any orders to kill the children. And how could he? Rijin was the only witness and he died before he could communicate with another adult. The monks may have noticed that one of their brethren is missing but it will be likely attributed to the rebellious queerats.
Furthermore, if the Ethics Commitee had word of the children's actions, there is no way they would let them live peacefully for two years.
I think that Kiroumaru just had a general warning not to interact with human children.
Time will tell.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-11-12, 20:50   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
As for Kiroumaru, I simply think that Satoru's concerns were unfounded. He never received any orders to kill the children. And how could he? Rijin was the only witness and he died before he could communicate with another adult. The monks may have noticed that one of their brethren is missing but it will be likely attributed to the rebellious queerats.
Furthermore, if the Ethics Commitee had word of the children's actions, there is no way they would let them live peacefully for two years.
I think that Kiroumaru just had a general warning not to interact with human children.
Time will tell.
You know, that does make a lot of sense. Really good job reasoning this out!

The only potential problem I see with your argument here is that ominous bit of narration from "future Saki" at the end of this episode. But maybe there's a way to make that fit with what you wrote.
Old 2012-11-13, 01:33   Link #70
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:

The only potential problem I see with your argument here is that ominous bit of narration from "future Saki" at the end of this episode. But maybe there's a way to make that fit with what you wrote.
The narration is irrelevant to Kiromaru, quite probably the "monk" too... it has to do with tricking the adults in believing that nothing happened out of the ordinary during their boat trip... which is impossible.
Old 2012-11-13, 01:44   Link #71
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
it has to do with tricking the adults in believing that nothing happened out of the ordinary during their boat trip... which is impossible.
How so?

It didn't seem like anyone turned them in and as long as they don't say anything no one will ever know or so they believed.
Old 2012-11-13, 02:46   Link #72
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Basically, things will become interesting after the timeskip, but so far it's all good.
That's good to hear. The last couple of episodes have been pretty bland and I was starting to wonder if this is gonna be another one of those series that start off incredibly well but then take a turn for the worse and waste all the potential.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:57   Link #73
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
I just think that Saki's narration is foreshadowing some other incident that is going to happen in the near future. It's not related to their actions in the first arc.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-11-13, 11:23   Link #74
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Time will tell.
yes, but satorou and saki supposed that kiroumaru himself would report their behaviours to the ethics commitee, wich, according to them, could ask the rats to kill those, i suppose nameless, kids
Old 2012-11-13, 14:51   Link #75
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
How so?

It didn't seem like anyone turned them in and as long as they don't say anything no one will ever know or so they believed.
Their world was shattered, they can no longer tell whether their emotions and thoughts are their own or programmed, they have to go back to a society that was conditioning them with the only alternative beastmen savages (from their perspective).

Their behavior will be problematic from the perspective of their society, since they know things that only a select few are allowed to after years of conditioning to accept them and training to prepare them. There is no need for someone to "rat them out", it would be obvious from their behavior.
Old 2012-11-13, 20:49   Link #76
Dark Wing

So you're saying that it's impossible for them to fake it and pretend to blend in with everyone else in order to save their own lives?

I mean if my life was on the line I would pretend to be a model citizen as well until I could figure out a better solution.
Old 2012-11-14, 02:18   Link #77
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So you're saying that it's impossible for them to fake it and pretend to blend in with everyone else in order to save their own lives?

I mean if my life was on the line I would pretend to be a model citizen as well until I could figure out a better solution.
It would be extremely unrealistic for their age, one or two could end up to be the exception, but the rest will probably end up dragging them along for the ride

And in any case, more or less Saki (as the narrator) said so at the end of the third episode, I think
Old 2012-11-14, 13:20   Link #78
Robotech Master

Finally got around to watching it, and was pleasantly surprised. Good episode overall.

The abundance of black fadeouts was kinda weird, but the transition between the kids being afraid of the tall rat and them actually not being in danger made sense: it was clear from the dialogue that he *had* been given orders to dispose of them, like they feared, but he had chosen not to.
Old 2012-11-14, 14:44   Link #79
neshru

Quote:

The way I see it, the kids will manage to fool the adults for quite some time after coming back from their trip (hence the time skip). But eventually, the fact that something happened to them will come out.
Old 2012-11-14, 19:56   Link #80
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Were they really thinking that they won't be marked for suppression when they got back....