AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 18:03   Link #1021
Elestia

I do not think being subtle is the approach that should be used when dealing with inventions, ideas, or discoveries that change the face of the world. It is literally a paradigm shift that is occurring in rapid succession; first with the introduction of the miracle crop potato and Crimson Scholar's gyrocompass that will revolutionize the maritime industry.

Like Anh_minh states, Female Knight had been very attuned to how many hundreds of thousands starve due to famine and disease. This problem has continued for decades and situations like the siblings occur on a daily basis. I would hope that the reaction for solving this crisis would garner compared to how delicious it was instead.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that "overblown" reactions would be ideal for what Crimson Scholar has accomplished.
Old 2013-01-21, 20:47   Link #1022
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Except in politics and diplomacy, overblown reactions are to be avoided.

Lady Knight is trying to maintain a poker face.

Unless you expect for poker players to have overblown reactions in real life?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 21:57   Link #1023
Elestia

I would argue that any diplomat or politician would not be able to maintain a "poker face" if a complete stranger offers a cure for cancer, a free and unlimited energy source, or some other advanced technology that goes hundreds of years into the future. I would even say that it would be hard pressed for the person to not be bewildered, when all the stranger asks for in return is to teach and share the knowledge as much as possible with little to no compensation. Hence, why given the circumstances, Female Knight's reaction is not appropriate for what Crimson Scholar is offering to her and by in large part the crisis facing Winter Order Nation.
Old 2013-01-21, 21:58   Link #1024
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

In fact, I would go as far as to say that "overblown" reactions would be ideal for what Crimson Scholar has accomplished.
Actually, female knight is "overblown" by what Crimson Scholar has accomplished. Now, yuusha and maou are engaged! It's a accomplishment. As many anime otaku can tell, yuusha's attitude is why he is still doutei. Regardless, maou wins his heart.

So, female knight is agitated. When female knight sees yuusha is accompanied by a beatiful woman, her feeling is hurt. You can empathy it. Imagine your long term girlfriend disappear for one year. Then, she returns to you with a attractive guy. Instead telling you it's over between you two, her hint is she is in love with this stranger. Will you show happy face and listen to that guy? Maybe he proves to be an intelligent. Do you want to make the friend at the first sight?

By the way, the novel describes maou's look as an average village girl. The anime depicts her as a super model.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:10   Link #1025
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Actually, female knight is "overblown" by what Crimson Scholar has accomplished.

I think they spent more time trying set up for "delicious potatoes are to be eaten" rather than "it could potentially save millions of lives if this was ever adopted". I made a comparison in the previous page, but the difference in reaction to the implications of the potato were much more serious, rather than light-hearted "This is delicious" comment. It's suppose to highlight and be consistent with the theme that MaoYuu is suppose to constantly draw attention to Crimson Scholar's larger goals for the entire Human World and how well it is received by a lot of the major characters in the story.
Old 2013-01-22, 04:21   Link #1026
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
I would argue that any diplomat or politician would not be able to maintain a "poker face" if a complete stranger offers a cure for cancer, a free and unlimited energy source, or some other advanced technology that goes hundreds of years into the future.
If someone comes to me with a cure for cancer, I certainly won't believe them immediately. First I will want to test this revolutionary method.
Female Knight only has Crimson Scholar's word that potatoes are such a miraculous food. I think her reaction was appropriate.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 06:49   Link #1027
zRichard

What do you want people? Nichijou reactions? Those were more pretty than funny.
Old 2013-01-22, 09:06   Link #1028
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think how people reacted to the anime series is more than enough reason for me to not touch the "Kotowaru!" manga series, as it may influence my expectations of the anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:16   Link #1029
EroKing

Old 2013-01-22, 09:23   Link #1030
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think how people reacted to the anime series is more than enough reason for me to not touch the "Kotowaru!" manga series, as it may influence my expectations of the anime.
I'd say It won't be a problem as long as you understand that both manga and anime are two different beasts in terms of novel adaptation. Still, if you feel that you won't be able to help being "over-expecting", I suggest you to read the manga once the anime is over. It's such a great adaptation too precious to miss .

As for myself, I’m still cool with the anime so far. In fact, I'm very intrigued since this anime adapts the story in a quite different manner from the manga.
Old 2013-01-22, 15:04   Link #1031
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Someone who thrives and prospers on shortages would be keen to lock away a solution. The same sort who profits by selling to both sides of a conflict.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:01   Link #1032
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Section of questions without answers:

Does Maou gets to grow horns once she has had her first taste of Yuusha? (I remember a certain teenage succubus needs to taste some to become fully developed, even now she hasn't grown her wings).

Does Maou has access to any high-level spells?

Will Maou come to share Yuusha with the priestess?

Will there be any extras (as in Picture Drama) explaining many details from the novel the anime did not had any time to explain (like what were those ghost-like beings besides the head maid)?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 18:06   Link #1033
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Female Knight not priestess.

and Maou is not that kind of Demon.
Old 2013-01-22, 19:00   Link #1034
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post

Will there be any extras (as in Picture Drama) explaining many details from the novel the anime did not had any time to explain (like what were those ghost-like beings besides the head maid)?
Well they seem to be tethered to head maid and is taking Maou and Hero's cloaks, unless it is explained otherwise I here by dub it the ultimate Maid Summon Spell: Phantom Maids. (Wait do maids get Summons? That's it maids are OP. They can lead demon armies, have summons and I bet they have the ninja class skills as well. Haxz, haxz I say. Nerf maids)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:15   Link #1035
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I did some googling with Potatoes, and was surprised to find out that you can be nutritionally sustained on nothing but potatoes and milk/butter.

That's something they don't tell you in nutrition class.

(In general the only social issue with it is when a society become dependent on only one crop. But that's not the issue in this franchise; They are just happy to have something that can grow under harsh conditions.)
Old 2013-01-22, 19:18   Link #1036
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Section of questions without answers:

Does Maou gets to grow horns once she has had her first taste of Yuusha? (I remember a certain teenage succubus needs to taste some to become fully developed, even now she hasn't grown her wings).
No to the horns, her species of demon doesn't have them.

Quote:
Does Maou has access to any high-level spells?
Not really sure, but she hasn't shown any.
Spoiler for spoiler about power level:

Quote:
Will Maou come to share Yuusha with the priestess?
Eh. Yes and no.
Spoiler for for more detail:

Quote:
Those were just ghosts. The only detail they could add is that Head Maid can use a bunch of different types. It's never really explored, just another of her many, many abilities.
Old 2013-01-22, 19:18   Link #1037
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I did some googling with Potatoes, and was surprised to find out that you can be nutritionally sustained on nothing but potatoes and milk/butter.

That's something they don't tell you in nutrition class.

(In general the only social issue with it is when a society become dependent on only one crop. But that's not the issue in this franchise; They are just happy to have something that can grow under harsh conditions.)
So you are on with my Potato (over Gold) Standard yet
Old 2013-01-22, 19:21   Link #1038
CJ_Walker

Quote:
I would argue that any diplomat or politician would not be able to maintain a "poker face" if a complete stranger offers a cure for cancer, a free and unlimited energy source, or some other advanced technology that goes hundreds of years into the future. I would even say that it would be hard pressed for the person to not be bewildered, when all the stranger asks for in return is to teach and share the knowledge as much as possible with little to no compensation. Hence, why given the circumstances, Female Knight's reaction is not appropriate for what Crimson Scholar is offering to her and by in large part the crisis facing Winter Order Nation.
Oh I see. That makes a little more sense, but still. . .This is anime, not a super realistic live-action show/movie/lord of the rings type thing lol.  I still think that getting upset over female knight's facial reaction is pretty damn nitpicky, especially when you got the hero who is the stereotypical harem lead type pussying up the whole show LOL.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:41   Link #1039
Elestia

It's funny because if someone made the similar claim about the Irish's reaction to the potato famine about being "overblown" it would probably warrant much more criticism and less nitpicky. Why? Because that's is the entire point of it!
Old 2013-01-22, 19:54   Link #1040
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is the story how one town was saved from death from starvation in the year without summer thanks to potatoes, now if you will excuse me as the doomsday clock says is five minutes before the end of times I am going to get a potatoe supply.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem