Old 2010-12-23, 21:28   Link #944
bunyiper
~Will work for food :3~

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2

Lucky Star

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Code Geass R2 (Bleach)

Claymore

Well I can't choose between Code Geass and Bleach might as well go for Code Geass ^^

Credits to Soviet General for the Sig :3

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy him to your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination!!!!
bunyiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 01:12   Link #945
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

mine would be...

1) Fullmetal Alchemist
2) Elfen Lied
3) Shugo Chara
4) Death Note
5) D.Gray-man

as of now, anyway.
Old 2010-12-25, 16:50   Link #946
ellamarie1

This are my faves..

YUYU Hakushi

Hunter x hunter

Samurai X

Ahh my goddess

Saber Marionette
ellamarie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:22   Link #947
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Alright This is hard since I am never good at deciding

1. Shugo Chara
2. Fullmoon
3.HellGirl
4.Claymore
5.Hmmmm..... Inuyasha...?
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 01:23   Link #948
InitialGT

my list in no particular order

cowboy bebop
initial d
kaiji
welcome to NHK
Eden of the East

Honourable mentions:

haibane remnei
hajime no ippo
full metal panic
hikaru no go
kimi ga nozomu eien
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 08:41   Link #949
GurrenX12
Crazed Swordsman

1 Detective Conan
2 Gundam 00
3 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
4 Bleach
5 FLCL
Old 2011-10-04, 04:38   Link #950
VanRheenen7

My top 5 Anime.

#1. Death Note

#2. Deadman Wonderland

#3. Darker Than Black

#4. Claymore

#5. Soul Eater.

And the most common anime I love to watch are Naruto, Bleach and still DBZ
VanRheenen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:10   Link #951
VanRheenen7

VanRheenen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 03:51   Link #952
Animeking
Banned

1.Urotsukidoji:Legend of the overfriend/demonwomb (Has perfect fight sceans and blood,gore. With the second its emotional but with alcemy and great demolition with fight secens.

More to come
Animeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:36   Link #953
sleepy504boi

Ranma 1/2 it was the first and it had it all Action, martial arts, love triangles, and funny storyline.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brother Hood: do i even have to explain.

Hajime no Ippo: Best sports anime CHANCE!

Code Geass: I was going to put Death Note but this is much better + Mechs.

Cowboy Bebop: Best damn story that actually ends, Dubbing was perfects (even the japanese loved the english version.
sleepy504boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 16:36   Link #954
kitten320

Really hard to choose, I guess I'll go with those that had me totally glued to the screen:
1) Mai HiME - my first fave anime ever, right when I started to get into anime world
2) Ghost Hunt - ghosts, mysterys, detective stories... is there anything else I could ask for?
3) Ga-Rei Zero - mind blowing first episode, just what I wanted to see! Aweasome main character and her tragic fate, I still feel for her.
4) Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - simply great... suspence, drama, great soundtracks, aweasome characters, seriousness... it had everything. Am ithcing to watch it for the 3rd time.
5) Shiki - despite knowing who is the culprit it still got me hooked all the way through. Nice suspence, development and it makes you think

Those are the shows I have re-watched several times and am willing to do it again.

Honorable mentions:
GTO
FMA
Claymore
Baccano
Madoka Magica
Old 2011-10-13, 18:05   Link #955
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Probably my favorite 10-20 anime could all interchange with each other on any given day, so making a definitive top 5 is almost impossible. But, here goes:

* Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. Hard to say which season I enjoyed better. Season one was slightly ruined by keeping Motoko's old-school "swim-suit", which just seemed so out of place considering the atmosphere of the show. But, the story is a tad more coherent than season two. Still, both seasons rank up as my favorite anime of all time, and sacrilegious as it sounds, I found them to be much better than the original movie (or the incredibly trashy original manga). Plus, this has one of the best dubs in the business, and I've been eternally torn between which I favor more between the two language tracks (I usually overwhelmingly prefer the Japanese).

* Now and Then, Here and There. I think this was the first truly non-fluff/non-flashy anime I ever saw, and made me realize anime could be more than just entertainment. This is the show that made me start to think I could expect more from my anime than popcorn entertainment. Hamdo is also my favorite villain of all time.

* Planetes. I'm a huge space nut, and Planetes is like a space nut's wet dream. When Obama dissed the space program in the Democratic primaries, he lost my vote (not that I was planning to vote for him anyways), that's how much of a space geek I am. Twenty years ago, I thought we'd be up to Planetes' relatively moderate advances by now, but now I suspect by the time I die of old age, Apollo will still be the highlight of humanity's interaction with space. Luckily, every few years the Japanese make a space-related anime, so I'll at least be able to live vicariously through them.

* Eve no Jinkan. I'm torn between the OVA and the movie, mainly because while the movie cut things from a series that was already pretty short, it also filled in a few things that really added to my overall love of this title. Right behind space, robotics has been a love of mine ever since my parents gave me my first novel, Isaac Asimov's The Caves of Steel; a love that largely finds no outlet in today's media. Eve no Jinkan provided that outlet like nothing I've read/seen in the last decade.

* Yugo the Negotiator. Sometimes I just need some testosterone, and while Yugo may not be the traditional guns blazin', cigar smokin', bad-ass one might bring to mind when one thinks of something to fill one's "manly" gauge to maximum, somehow this negotiator manages to make me feel like I could go out and kick some ass after watching, and if that isn't a good measure for an amazing manly drama, then I don't know what is.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 08:12   Link #956
Noiek17

5. Kimi Ni Todoke
4. The World God Only Knows I & II
3. K-ON!
2. MM!
1. K-ON!!
Noiek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 11:36   Link #957
FireChick

5. Natsume Yuujinchou (all seasons)
4. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
3. Dog of Flanders
2. Amuri in Star Ocean
1. Shounen Onmyouji
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 10:35   Link #958
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

1) Steins:Gate Awesome plot, much time travelling mindfucking, 120% cool protagonist, pretty tsundere, interesting characters overall, constant suspense. It just fit my tastes 100%. I've always loved time travelling theories and this kind of mindfucking. Moreover, even tho the animation and the atmosphere is quite serious and dark, you can still get many laughs with Okabe joking on Kurisu(tina), or doing the mad laugh, or talking to a turned off phone about agencies and other random stuff for the fun of it. Awesome story overall, loved the ending. Just 10/10
2) The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya I've immediately liked the idea of this series, and fell in love with it. The protagonist is an awesome narrator, smart, rational and cynical, full of sarcasm. I shared 98% of his thoughts, so it was easy to sub in him. Loved the setting, and the movie was just awesome: it contained the time travelling paranoia, supernatural things, developed characters(yuki)... Made textwall all around this forum about this title. Of course it was the TV series that moved my interest, finishing with a wonderful movie. I found it so interesting that i even read the other volumes of the novel.
3) Angel Beats Similar setting to the above one, similar characters aswell, similar topics aswell (god and existence problems). All the characters were very interesting, all had a story, and the ending was very touching even if bittersweet. I really loved this title.
4) Kiss x sis (Probably for the uncontrollable loads of ecchiness, still without showing any actual nudity. It was more a perverted game, but nonetheless funny and exciting as hell. Really light title to relax with, light plot, and quite honest characters (where do you find someone that actually doesn't avoid this kind of services from girls? In all the titles i've watched so far, the male protagonist was always holding back, even in the most appropriate moments. Was kinda frustating. This title erases that frustation)
5) Zero no Tsukaima Enjoyable plot, very developed romance, nice characters and a very funny show. The second season provided more romance and drama and developed more the relationship between saito and louise, so i loved it very much. Maybe too much fantasy, but it was very loveable.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-03 at 10:47.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:15   Link #959
Chanbara

These are mine, the numbers are just markers, not rankings, because I can't choose between them.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - What can I say? I'm another one of those people who watched it as a stroppy teenager and found something cathartic in seeing my exact feelings right up there on screen. And then I rewatched it as a relatively emotionally healthy twenty-something and found a series which is much more than a continual note of depression, possibly even redemptive when you think about what Rei really wanted. Either way, my mind was actually blown by a TV series for the very first time.
Serial Experiments Lain - A visually amazing, very surreal and occasionally frightening series that really dealt with individual and group identity in a very relatable and meaningful way. It's nice when not everything is straightforward and laid out for you, I really got into the world this series created and got so much enjoyment out of trying to unravel the clues the series gave you.
Haibane Renmei - This is the one anime I feel is more unfairly looked than any other. On the surface the first few episodes are a fluffy sloe of life, but this went as deeply into human emotion and the meaning of memories than anything else I've seen before or since. It's not the most visually amazing series, but it is beautiful and completely took my by surprise because I expected so little from it.
Welcome to the NHK! - This series really hit me hard emotionally. The lives of the people in it are so miserable, but like the best series there is a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel, because life goes on. In fact for a series seen as one of the most depressing ever this is incredibly funny. I'd never show it to my family though, it would traumatise them.
Code Geass - I thought of better anime to put here, but I prefer this one. A ridiculous, bombastic piece of epicness. Everything about this series is ridiculous and massive, but I still absolutely love it and I always enjoy rewatching it, silly but maybe the most fun I've ever had.
Chanbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 18:33   Link #960
Meri
Ftp-anime

At this point it's hard to pick 5

Lately the anime that I've enjoyed the most are Vampire Knight and Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon has me thinking I should go watch that genre more...
(I usually only care for romance / high school / drama / comedy)
So it deserves a place on my list as well
Stein's Gate was a show that grabbed my attention form the first episode, even though I usually dislike the genre
(I won't go watch more sci-fi now since my opinion on the overall genre hasn't changed)
Star Driver is one of the most complete series I've seen. The music was epic...
If all series had that kind of epic music...

Putting those 5 in particular order...

5. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (Though enjoyable, it was a bit too cramped, too much info in too little time)
4. Kimikiss Pure Rouge (I really loved it but in the end it's still one of many high school romance series)
3. Vampire Knight (Great series, though season 2 felt a bit downhill...)
2. Stein's Gate (Masterpiece. Never expected to be drawn in by that kind of anime)
1. Star Driver (Complete package + Epic Music)

Last edited by Meri; 2012-01-06 at 18:44.
Meri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five