AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-03-04, 19:45   Link #361
Paul Tuersley

Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
That different way of doing karaoke. Still on syllable instead of move on syllable. Glad to see its being worked on. Is there any CS3 features with it.
The new script supports animation presets that use CS3's Per-character 3D text animation. That's all.
Paul Tuersley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 08:25   Link #362
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Anyone had any success loading lagarith vids as source to AFX under Vista?

I've recently gotten stuck on this horrific operating system, just trying to adjust to using it, seems Lagarith clips load up full black on Vista (Play just fine) in AFX.

This of course puts a stop-block to my AFX'ing cuz I have no way to encode source for use in AFX (Uncompressed causes AFX to kersplode).
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:28   Link #363
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I have no troubles using Lagarith under Vista, and i even use vista ultimate x64 (say hello to shitty, half-broken laptop with 4GB of ultra-slow RAM). Have you tried downloading the latest version (1.3.14 iirc) and just installed it by running the .bat file?
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:04   Link #364
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
I have no troubles using Lagarith under Vista, and i even use vista ultimate x64 (say hello to shitty, half-broken laptop with 4GB of ultra-slow RAM). Have you tried downloading the latest version (1.3.14 iirc) and just installed it by running the .bat file?
Downloaded the latest (non 64-bit version, since im not using 64 bit), installed with .inf

Lags works perfectly when exporting to Lags from AFX, when importing/exporting in VDub, and when opening for playback.

However, imported Lagarith clips in AFX play fine when i double click them, but display as pure black when i drag them into a composition.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:38   Link #365
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

Have you tried huffyuv? Maybe it should work better. I prefer Lagarith but if you'r in a hurry try diferent lossless codecs. Try to install all the updates for AFX and updates for QuickTime.

::AFX ADDiCT::.
mad_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:42   Link #366
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

If you want to work quickly in after effects, just make a crappy quicktime sorenson proxy...

You can switch between proxy and uncompressed(PNG sequences/ TGA/ huff/VBLE or whatever lossless) whenever you need to (rendering, for exemple).

read the help (F1 !!) to know more about proxies.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:33   Link #367
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

By the way, for those who still want my karaoke script, it's now in my portfolio in the script section. (the tutorial is with the script this time)

http://www.remipierre.fr

I've added a really few other scripts I did along with it. I have some other ones but they're only for myself .
Old 2008-04-24, 08:33   Link #368
v-tidus
4fTeR Eff3cTeR

Hello!! This is my first post here, and how strange... I have a question.
I've been a fansubber for almost a year now, mainly doing karaoke using AFX. The thing is that, even though i've done at least 10 karaoke using various effects kai techniques, i can't seem to find out how i'm supposed to add a picture to the effect, or something similar to the stardust that's seen in the following screenshot.

If anyone knows how it's done, i'd appreciate it if you post an answer here, or via pm.
Thanks!!
v-tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 13:38   Link #369
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

This Karaoke uses Trapcode Particular. This is a plugin you can add to AFX. It mainly uses a base for the particles wich is a composition that have the lines of your karaoke with the opacity effect only. This is used to guide the particles wich will apear when the opacity effect takes place in your guide comp. So in your main comp you will have your karaoke layers and the guide comp. Hide the guide comp and make it as base for the particles. To create particles you'll have to create a solid layer and apply the Trapcode Particular effect. If this seems complicated to you I sugest you read some tutorials about Trapcode Particular.

Resuming:

1 - Create Guide Comp with timed karaoke and opacity effect (only the sylable singing is showed)

2 - Create Main Comp with timed karaoke

3 - Create a Solid Layer and apply Trapcode Particular effect.

4 - Bring the guide comp to the main comp and make in 3D Layer and turn it's visibility off

5 - Make the guide comp as particle emitter to your particle effect (check the particle options)

6 - You have to create lot of particles so set it's number to 100000 or as you wish

You should start seeing some cool effects, so get to work =D

Old 2008-04-24, 13:57   Link #370
v-tidus
4fTeR Eff3cTeR

Thank you VERY much my friend. I installed it, and i must say that it rocks.
I'll get straight to work. Regards!!
v-tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 03:47   Link #371
pichu
*Fansubber

What is this thread? Some After-Effects karaoke thread? I think people should do my ways without depending on other scripts

An example: http://pichu.org/stuff/Macross_ED_Trash.7z (demo)

The object is generated via http://pichu.org/Karaoke.html with proper widths and heights, defined in the styles.

PS: I still need to improve that script, but first I had to generalize the JSX karaoke script first for CS3.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 04:52   Link #372
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

The effect is good in this case, no background music. I'm still improving my Scripting skills
Since I can program in other 6 languages this one should be easy to learn.

Old 2008-05-07, 15:43   Link #373
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

What the hell is that, pichus ? O_o

You're coding instead of using the interface ? Maybe I misunderstood the script.
I wonder if that's the point of using after effects...
Old 2008-05-07, 16:05   Link #374
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Pichu just likes scripting; it's probably easier for him (he knows what he's doing and what result his script will give). Other people are just not so fond of scripting, or find it giving not enough freedom in changing parameters etc. In pichu's case, he scripts karaoke and uses AE's render engine to render the karaoke.. don't see what's wrong with that. At least it's better than using vsfilter as a render engine lol :P
Old 2008-05-07, 16:10   Link #375
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjipierre View Post
What the hell is that, pichus ? O_o

You're coding instead of using the interface ? Maybe I misunderstood the script.
I wonder if that's the point of using after effects...
Well I've automated SSA karaoke before, and I feel that it should be the same method. In making an SSA karaoke, one would generate the .ass codes from scratch.

I did use the interface; if you haven't noticed, there are already effects created for that. The JSX is merely used to duplicate those effects from layers to layers rather than creating them from scratch--which I could have done too. Instead of depending in the expressions completely, I managed to rely on the properties and effects directly, which is unlike the "traditional" method (like those that use your script). True, the expressions are used to link some effects for ease of scripting. While there are ups and downs to both methods, I am still trying to find the most conventional way.
Old 2008-05-07, 16:24   Link #376
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

So if you can somehow integrate it (like.. a panel), you can just click a button saying "Copy karaoke style to all layers"? Then it isn't really scripting a karaoke anymore.. though somehow you should know what is a line effect, what is a pre-sung effect for syllable, etc..
Old 2008-05-07, 16:35   Link #377
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
So if you can somehow integrate it (like.. a panel), you can just click a button saying "Copy karaoke style to all layers"? Then it isn't really scripting a karaoke anymore.. though somehow you should know what is a line effect, what is a pre-sung effect for syllable, etc..
Yes, those normalizations and settings are easy to code and implement. The only thing that's hard to do is how to allow people to make AE Karaoke without knowing much and/or without having much experience in expressions and scripting. And, I notice that it also has to propagate through different layers as well as compositions--which makes it somewhat a challenge to do. ;_;

I've seen scripts from Paul and some other guy... But theirs is inadequate due to the fact that they are based on presets and fixed structures of what their interfaces can offer. However, I'm looking for infinite amount of possibilities by using AE Interface alone without depending on some fixed structures or something needed to be created from expressions--which would involve writing tons of expressions. I did a few karaoke by automating them using my scripting, but I found out that this kind of script will be very hard to accomplish, but it's doable -- and I haven't had enough time and energy to design it thoroughly. As we all know, it is rarely the case that someone is good in design and is also good in coding; it's usually one or the other.

Nonetheless, since after-effects is commercial, it would probably be wrong to make use of AFX karaoke for what many people to do -- it encourages piracies. So, I don't know.

I know, I know, I have been saying this for the past few months, and I haven't shown anything at all; the reason was that I have a hard time designing this kind of script. ;p

Last edited by pichu; 2008-05-07 at 16:45.
Old 2008-05-07, 18:12   Link #378
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

I don't see any limitation in Shinji's script. It only does the hard work wich is timing the sylabs in 6 diferent ways. Any effect is possible after the timed sylabs. Of course: imagination and some design skills is needed.

Why waste so much of my precious time coding if I can do it interactively with a few clicks and some simple expressions?

Old 2008-05-19, 01:44   Link #379
_Anakyn_
poopoo

What I wonder is how I can make a kara with a fixed length effect, like the SSA ones. As if the syllable started at 01:00 but the effect was 0.5 s long, not 0.23, for example. Some friend of mine has improved Shinji's script, which I only trust, but I'm still not satisfied. I want M04R. How could I do that? Any script for that? Any expression or tips?

Also, and that's something I'm not used to see in AE effects, I always try to insert transitions in the romaji/kanji/subbed lines. I've only seen that in SSA karas, since it's easier to do, I think. I create my own presets to do those fades in&out (not only opacity, but scale, blurriness, rotation, some tricky ones), which of course I'll share once I get a new laptop.

Last edited by _Anakyn_; 2008-05-19 at 02:03.
_Anakyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 05:46   Link #380
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Still havent figured out how to do those fixed length effects properly without having to paste into/duplicate/whatever a script generated expression selector. If there was a script on the right that could apply changes to all layers instead of one, it'd already be easier, but it still isnt like just copying the animator from one layer and pasting it to every other layer you want it to have. The other way out is Paul Tuersley's script (you used that before anakyn), but then it becomes quite hard to tweak setting cause it's layer per syllable.