AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-25, 09:40   Link #241
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Noooooooo Rai why she die .... and with a bullet in her head ...... Kurou can't save her noooooo why !But it can't be helped . Just why he don't react at all when she is falling?
Yeah Kuon is dead !Glad Kurou let him falls this bastard !

Final boss in the end?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 12:59   Link #242
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And because I watched the last episode without subs I am left saying, WTF, for most of the dialogue

But...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 13:40   Link #243
BlackShinobi07

This anime terrible. Beautiful to watch, but the story is very bemusing.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 15:51   Link #244
Blaat

I wished they stopped using that Star Wars laser sound for all the sword and speed effects. Anyway I had a thought while watching
Spoiler for episode 11:
What if Kuro's head ended up on a female body? Would that make Kuro a 'trap' or would Kuro and Kuromitsu 'relation' be considered as 'yuri' from that point on or would everything be too confusing to make a clear cut answer?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 16:24   Link #245
jayhellnice

i didn't like the way the manga ended what are your thoughts on the conclusion? if the story hadn't been cut short what do you think would have happened to the characters?
Spoiler for in my opion:
jayhellnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 17:07   Link #246
loempiavreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just found out that the general isn't in the manga, and his name is Arashiyama.
Where did you found this?
Spoiler:

I've been looking how he was called, was it mentioned in that episode?

I know that turtle and vine-girl's name where mentioned in one or two episodes. But what about that doctor? Is he maybe the same character as some sunglasses wearing doctor from the manga?

Oh yeah one more question:
Spoiler:

Last edited by loempiavreter; 2008-12-26 at 17:20.
loempiavreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 23:21   Link #247
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As for 11, a couple of things stood out. First, that may have set the single ep record for maniacal laughter. And second, yes - Rai's death was very effective. I too, was equally as surprised by her death as I was by the return of Kuon, who I had completely forgotten about. Superb storytelling there, worthy of Hitchcock.

This anime makes some odd choices, and not everything works. But the mastery is undeniable. It's art.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 00:55   Link #248
taelrak

Anyone know what happened in the manga and how it ended differently?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 02:13   Link #249
atividia

Spoiler:

1/10 for me. The whole series... 1/10. This might've been the most annoying ending I've seen to any series in a very long while.
atividia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 02:40   Link #250
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
Spoiler:

1/10 for me. The whole series... 1/10. This might've been the most annoying ending I've seen to any series in a very long while.
Hey,"Ending" is decent.Don't you think it is "twisted ending"?
*Come on!!! What do you want from horror anime???
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 04:11   Link #251
ploki

Can someone who read the manga make sense of the ending, or is the ending just impossible to decipher? I'm hoping the manga provided a little more background material.

If not, I have a feeling the ending is meant to be a WTF ending with no real explanation. Maybe a rewatch is required, but I have a feeling that won't help.
ploki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 05:48   Link #252
soul_less

i do not understand what ppl are confused about..........

(i don't remember how to make spoiler tags so just highlight the text) oh and sorry for the grammar mistakes, its 5am.....

the vamp chick believes that cat and mouse is the most proper way to spend eternity. Lawl @ her crazy self.

Kuro is starting to wonder if that's the best way to spend eternity or not...to bad he only gets about 30sec to think about that during each of his "lives" Oh well you snooze you lose.

his next rebirth starts when earth is in a bit of a better state.....he does the same thing........same result.

the last clip of him in the forest with his side kick is just saying that things can play out the same or differently as the last time. (notice that the forest they were in had destroyed builds around too) uhmm put it another way, eternity is a funny thing. it is possible for time to literally repeat itself. hahah owned

Lawl again Kuro, must be sorry he wanted to dive into that chick's haven so badly that he decided to become immortal.

to sum things up: lololololololol Kuro will spend the rest of his days killing ppl looking for his women when she is the one that put those obstacles there in the first place..mainly because she finds this entertaining...such to be one of those obstacles.......

I was entertained because I like black humor.

Oh and atividia the worst ending to date is Mahoromatic Season 2.
soul_less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 06:45   Link #253
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Immortality is supposed to not be that cool, look at Mokou and Kaguya from the Touhou series who litterally kill each other, because they have nothing else better to do.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 07:55   Link #254
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
Where did you found this?
Spoiler:

I've been looking how he was called, was it mentioned in that episode?
His name is mentioned in the credits.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2008-12-28, 08:38   Link #255
Maciste

@soul less

good point/explanation there

Spoiler for Question about the conclusion:
Maciste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 10:22   Link #256
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
Spoiler:

What?!

I mean, don't you need to get your sense of storytelling checked or something?

It's not a dream. It's a cycle.

You should watch more anime, too. Cyclic, ad-eternum repeating stories is a rather recurrent theme in Japanese media in general.

Quote:
Can someone who read the manga make sense of the ending, or is the ending just impossible to decipher? I'm hoping the manga provided a little more background material.

If not, I have a feeling the ending is meant to be a WTF ending with no real explanation. Maybe a rewatch is required, but I have a feeling that won't help.
I don't understand what's so complicated about it. Perhaps I'm used to the concept (I already had realized more or less around episode three that this was the whole deal), and reading the manga helped a little (I haven't finished it yet), but really, it's not too hard to grasp.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 13:11   Link #257
Thingle
Banned

WTF? The show just made more questions than answers... Like, did time just move back?

Kuromitsu is one BAD vamp.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 13:15   Link #258
Zippicus

This is a good candidate for the old "make up your own ending" type stories. They didn't really flesh out why anything was going on, and the times they tried they tended to give out conflicting information. At the end of the day it seems like I have more questions than I do answers. I don't generally mind that kind of thing but in this case the questions I have are which parts of the story are true and which parts are false.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 13:39   Link #259
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I don't generally mind that kind of thing but in this case the questions I have are which parts of the story are true and which parts are false.
I... don't think anything of what we see is false. When are we led to believe that?

Quote:
WTF? The show just made more questions than answers... Like, did time just move back?
It's a flashback to the beginning of the series. It's a reference to the fact that Kuro's ordeal was an ever-repeating cycle of looking for Kuromitsu.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 13:40   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I... don't think anything of what we see is false. When are we led to believe that?
The last scene. I believe that's the one that's having people think the whole series was just a dream.

Tags
madhouse, vampire