Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 12:46   Link #581
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Btw, does the author of Suzuka and Kimi no iru machi have some kind of fetish when it comes to short haired girls? Just wondering...
Both Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi are created by the same author, Kouji Seo. Since you are in the mood of romance titles, I'll definitively suggest reading Namiiro (and the manga is finished with 7 chapters), and whenever you are bored don't be afraid with True Tears (just watch it yourself and give your own opinion after finishing 12 episodes).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 15:55   Link #582
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had started watching Tonagura just because it looked like some light ecchi title, and indeed it is, but i just finished episode 4 and kinda got a clue of this anime and... i find it a bit idiotic; i mean, if it wasn't for that small weapon maniac sister of him always getting in the way, i would have kept watching it, but she just got on my balls and it looks a bit too episodic, so dropping it. The graphic wasn't exceptional either, and the boy was just an horndog and nothing more. The protagonist of He is my master at least made me laugh.

Now i don't really know what to do: i had just gotten in the mood for animes, so i guess i'll start watching Nodame Catabile in a while.

When i get in the mood for reading again, Namiiro will surely be the next. I already miss Kimi no iru machi: it really was a good suggestion

EDIT
Hahahaa, just finished watching the first episode of Nodame Cantabile, and i laughed hard all the time; i thought that Nodame was some serious and irritating girl, but she turned to be an airhead and kinda random; also, from the 1st episode, it looks like the pov is from Chiaki, and i enjoyed it very much. Now getting on the next episode.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-29 at 17:59.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:38   Link #583
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I can definitely suggest more romance manga but I want to know if you want something light where the romance only goes as far as kissing or do you want something targeted for adult audience? where the manga may contain any of the following like strong sexual content,Violence,more swearing etc.

Out of all the manga that I suggested GTO,eternal Sabbath,,Wolf Guy - Ookami no Monshou are the only ones that are finished. I Read all 3 of them and they were really good and I chose them based on the things you liked but you seem to pick on the littlest things for not to reading them. They all have some romance but where they succeed the most in capturing their audiences is through their characters and interesting plot. There are 2 ½ months left before the new show finish airing while you wait you can check out those 3 and I’ll continue suggesting more manga

if you didn’t see my post about btooom I’ll say it here the manga does not take place in virtual reality world instead it takes place an island where the protagonist is forced to play a real life version of his favorite game ala battle royale. Sounds like something mindless and boring but it really isn’t as the main protaganist and other characters tend to use strategy, mind games, and deception in order to win just like in death note. The main girl in here is cute

just to give you an idea what kind of manga I may suggest you if you were to go for manga targeted for adult audience only here are a few samples.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/22638/Velvet_Kiss
http://myanimelist.net/manga/21419/Nozoki_Ana

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-04-30 at 00:40.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:51   Link #584
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh oh, Velvet kiss picked up my interest immediately after i saw the girl on the cover: definitely the next title i'm going to read.

Nozoki Ana also has good premises and i'm very willing to read it, but i hope it doesn't get demential like Tonagura (if you get what i mean)

Anyways, at the moment i'm watching the first season of Nodame Cantabile and i've got to say that i'm really enjoying it. So far the romance didn't really play a big role, but this title is hell funny and the humor and those faces remind me a lot of Arakawa under the bridge (The artwork of Chiaki is almost identical to the one of Kou). I'm willing to finish the first season today and follow up this story with the other seasons but i wanted to know if the next seasons are:
2nd season: NC Paris
3rd season: NC Finale
So that i start getting them
Btw ye, when something doesn't convice me 100% i tend to discard it for stupid things until someone seriously convinces me, haha. You kinda have to force the interests in me in order to get me to read/watch something "suspicious". This happened with quite a bunch of titles lately, NC included.

Now getting on ep9 of NC.

EDIT
Forgot to answer some of those questions: what i really like is adult content adapted in a cool OR funny way: things like WTNHK, where topics like suicide, sex, fraud are treated in a... not too serious way, almost even joking on them. I like when the romance is deep and worked on, but when it's also coupled with some ecchi scenes, such as embarassing situations and what not. I also prefer if the boy were more real, and not so pure that it's just unbelievable (What's wrong with a guy wanting to make out with his girlfriend, if she's ok? All that "Oh we won't do anything, i'll stay virgin until we are married and are 40's" what the fuck, really, it's depressing). If it's a mainly ecchi/romance title, i prefer if the guy is like Keita from Kissxsis: he may be pushing away his two willing sisters for 3mins, but then give up and enjoy those sexy games. Also, when the adult content is about murder, death, psychological stuff etc, i prefer if those topics are treated in a cool way, exactly like Death Note, and not in a serious and dark way like Monster. That's it: either sex content treated in a light way, like in Kissxsis or any other ecchi show out there, or adult content(such as murder, drug, death, psycho, violence) treaded in a "cool" way (Take DN as an example, once again).

However, if you take a close look at my top5, almost none of those titles contains what i wrote above: that's simply because they were fucking good (Ah no wait, WTNHK is there, and Haruhi Suzumiya actually has Kyon that hasn't many pure thougths --> Mikuru photos folder. Oh well, nevermind lol)

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-30 at 08:03.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:37   Link #585
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If there's a serious and dark stuff (non-light and cool stuff), maybe because you're too emotionnal ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-30, 09:06   Link #586
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Actually... it's the opposite: i barely can feel anything, i care about nearly nothing and often talk nonchalantly about serious topics, and that's why i want a title where such topics are treated in a cynical way, because i myself could talk about horrible stuff like it was nothing.

When i'm showed this kind of things, but portrayed in such dramatic way, i just can't feel it and often get annoyed, because i don't find it that dramatic. On the otherside, when sex is treated in a too serious way, the exciting factor goes away, and i'm no longer entertained.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:13   Link #587
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Actually... it's the opposite: i barely can feel anything, i care about nearly nothing and often talk nonchalantly about serious topics, and that's why i want a title where such topics are treated in a cynical way, because i myself could talk about horrible stuff like it was nothing.

When i'm showed this kind of things, but portrayed in such dramatic way, i just can't feel it and often get annoyed, because i don't find it that dramatic. On the otherside, when sex is treated in a too serious way, the exciting factor goes away, and i'm no longer entertained.
Oh right
Could you make your own light novel ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-30, 14:20   Link #588
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Anyways, at the moment i'm watching the first season of Nodame Cantabile and i've got to say that i'm really enjoying it.
Surprise, surprise!

Quote:
So far the romance didn't really play a big role, but this title is hell funny and the humor and those faces remind me a lot of Arakawa under the bridge (The artwork of Chiaki is almost identical to the one of Kou). I'm willing to finish the first season today and follow up this story with the other seasons but i wanted to know if the next seasons are:
2nd season: NC Paris
3rd season: NC Finale
Yes, that's the order. I'll warn you that Paris-hen might be a bit of a let down after the first season; it was made by a different staff than the original. The original staff returned to make Finale, though, and it was better than Paris-hen. All the parts of Nodame were adapted into live-action shows and movies as well. I've watched those and prefer the anime versions myself.

Quote:
Forgot to answer some of those questions: what i really like is adult content adapted in a cool OR funny way: things like WTNHK, where topics like suicide, sex, fraud are treated in a... not too serious way, almost even joking on them.
Neither of these titles is ecchi, but they both fit that description. Toshokan Sensou is a romance about censorship in a near-future Japan. Oh! Edo Rocket is an often hilarious comedy about political repression during the Tenpō Reforms of the 1840's with some romance as well. Hataraki Man is a comedy/drama about a 28-yo woman working as an editor for a Japanese magazine. That one's a bit hard to find, but there are torrents out there.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 16:34   Link #589
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Almost finished ep19 of Nodame Cantabile, but it became very boring for me; i thought the romance was hell more developed, and instead Nodame looks more like some secondary character: this whole title is centered on Chiaki's career and music, and i started yawning hard. After i finish this episode i'll chill out on something else; let me know if i should really continue this series expecting something. (when i first saw this title, i thought it was about an irritating girl and a tsundere boy slowly falling in love while playing instruments together, and instead the story was 98% about music and Chiaki, with Nodame being clumsy and playing a background role; to be honest, i'd have preferred if it were how i imagined it)
Old 2012-04-30, 23:22   Link #590
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:

When i'm showed this kind of things, but portrayed in such dramatic way, i just can't feel it and often get annoyed, because i don't find it that dramatic. On the other side, when sex is treated in a too serious way, the exciting factor goes away, and i'm no longer entertained.
this is enough to convince me that you should still try the manga for GTO. You will come to like onizuka not only because he is funny but also because he is not the type of person to feel sorrow when hearing about other peoples misfortunes and he uses that to his advantage when he tries to change the lives of some of his students using methods that are very entertaining to read
One of my favorite chapters would have to be chapter 65: open up your asshole and chapter 66:a smile for a sad young girl. These two chapters are a good example of a taking a serious issue and turning it into something cool and not too serious . Just give it a shot if you don’t like even after reading 30 chapters then I’ll suggest you 3 new adult titles that I found enjoyable.
Old 2012-05-01, 11:07   Link #591
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I have no doubt that GTO is good, but the main problem is that it don't recall it having any kind of romance, and the only title that didn't contain romance that i still loved was ONLY Death Note. If you really think that GTO is at the level of DN, then i'm trying it out, otherwise it'll have to wait a lot.

Anyways, i'm continuing watching Nodame Cantabile just because i had almost finished 1st season. Ah, even tho it didn't have much romance so far, i still have to thank you for having suggested it, my Sensei, haha, because this way i discovered my interest for russian classic music (I think it was episode 9, Rachmaninoff concerto n2: it gave me so many chills, i didn't really think such anime could deliver such... feelings through music. I actually didn't really think classical music could; so far i had only listened to "happy" or "regal" classical music, which kinda bored me, but this thing full of crescendos and fast pieces was just awesome, really loved it)
Old 2012-05-01, 11:20   Link #592
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I think you are really underestimating GTO and yes there romance in it.the manga art looks much better than the anime as well.

here is a title that I found fucking hilarious.it's kind of like the adult version of koharu biyori
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1143/Yuria_100_Shiki
Old 2012-05-01, 11:49   Link #593
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I wish Classified had to re-pick Shana and I wonder how Anime-fan110 would reply about the romance.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-01, 12:14   Link #594
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
I think you are really underestimating GTO and yes there romance in it.the manga art looks much better than the anime as well.

here is a title that I found fucking hilarious.it's kind of like the adult version of koharu biyori
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1143/Yuria_100_Shiki
Haha dude, you seriously got skills when it comes to pick up my interest: Yuria 100 Shiki: i'm definitely going to read it when i get back friday. I'd start it tonight, but i wouldn't be able to finish all 100 chapters, so i'll wait for the next weekend (in 2 days).

I'll also make sure to check out GTO, since i'm most likely not going to pick up the 2nd season of NC (Unless these last 3 episodes turn out to be monstrously awesome)

In this piece of time i had i was gathering some pieces of Rachmaninoff, and now going for the 20th episode of Nodame Cantabile.

Tonight i'll read something that got suggested through PM that would be an hentai version of Kissxsis (It's called swing out sisters).
Old 2012-05-01, 13:16   Link #595
maxblaze

Waz up Guys its been a while since my last post here hehe im having a manga and manwha marathon. and i just finish some good series like Noblesse, Sun ken rock Veritas, The breaker and code breaker and i finish them all in the span of A WEEK hahahah .by the way i came across a manga called Velvet Kiss -> Romance,Ecchi,Mature(borderline) unlike those crappy ecchi,manga or anime series that theres not even have a decent plot that i already read and watch i find these manga actually very Good, as far as the Art, plot, and Story line are concerned i cant find anything bad about it everything was flawless. the heroine was hell Freaking so cute and hot(maybe my all time favorite twin-tail heroine) and i also 100% sure that the protagonist was very fit to what Classified Info wants .The protagonist here was rational and matured but not too serious.
Spoiler for :
compared to watching or reading actual hentai i find there
Spoiler for :
. more importantly the story line was really interesting theirs some scene makes you want to jerk but you cant because the story will really drag you and the feeling that you just want to continue to read until you finished it .( i actually endure not to jerk while reading it because of the urge of wanting to know what will happen next ) it has only 32 chapters and already completed so you don't need to worry about waiting a fucking weak. as for the ending for me was
Spoiler for :

if you guys are hesitating to read it you can read some forums about this manga and i can assure you cant find anything negative feedback about it.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-05-17 at 01:49. Reason: link removed!
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:03   Link #596
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Velvet Kiss was suggested some post before, and i had already decided to read it. Anyways, next time try not to easily spoil events happening in the manga
Spoiler for like:
I'd like to see it myself, no need to expose the "surprise". Now i'll barely feel the tension when it comes to it, because i'll already know that it's going to happen anyways. I'd like to remind you all that it was exactly this kind of spoilering that destroyed any chance, for me, to 100% enjoy Death Note

Btw, finished watching the first season of Nodame Cantabile, and it was pretty much funny, beside that made me discover something classical that i like. However, there was barely any hint of romance and it was only focused on Chiaki's career; also, i really wanted more of Nodame. I liked it very much in the first episodes, where there was more Chiaki & Nodame, and them playing together, that was real fun. Episode 11 was best imo. Still, you can't say this title is a romance. If the following seasons are romances, i'm going to continue it, otherwise i'll just read the mangas that got suggested.

PS: Why was it even called Nodame Cantabile, when Nodame didn't really have much screen, in my opinion? I really wanted some more of her.

For tonight i'm done. I'll see you friday, and then start reading those mangas.
Old 2012-05-01, 18:15   Link #597
maxblaze

Quote:
Velvet Kiss was suggested some post before, and i had already decided to read it. Anyways, next time try not to easily spoil events happening in the manga
Spoiler for like:
I'd like to see it myself, no need to expose the "surprise". Now i'll barely feel the tension when it comes to it, because i'll already know that it's going to happen anyways. I'd like to remind you all that it was exactly this kind of spoilering that destroyed any chance, for me, to 100% enjoy Death Note
sorry about that i did not pay attention to early post im not aware that it is already suggested (maybe i just get a little excited. but dont' worry this manga become interesting not only on the
Spoiler for :
but on the actual story so there's still something that you can actually look forward and how the relationship of the protagonist and heroine develop. In my point of view
Spoiler for :

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-05-01 at 18:35.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 18:41   Link #598
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Well velvet kiss is only one of the many good manga out there I'll suggest more on Thursday
Old 2012-05-03, 08:46   Link #599
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

This title had so much potential but it’s life was cut short so the ending may seem a little rushed
http://myanimelist.net/manga/26584/K..._no_Harisugawa
oretama aka my balls-you’ll get plenty of laughs with this one
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=447
Kimiiro Focus -I’m reading this on Saturday
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=20553
Nana to kaoru-very refreshing title
http://myanimelist.net/manga/5994/Nana_to_Kaoru
KOI WO SURU NO GA SHIGOTO DESU- I know you will like this one
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=13883

My taste for manga never fails me. So all the stuff I suggested before have not been bad titles they were actually good. you should make another list for manga only so that way people could suggest more titles.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:56   Link #600
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Here's my light novel recommandations, but you might read yourself :
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (it's fully translated)
Golden Time (not fully translated but the story sounds good)
Gekkou (fully translated)
MyAnimeList