AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-08, 12:58   Link #18681
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm not even sure if Gremlin wants the right hand or imagine breaker. Because if they want the right hand then why do they need to transfer it?

Fiamma wants the right hand and not the imagine breaker. He wants the right hand as a perfect container for the holy right.

Gremlin wants something on Touma and the experiment proves that that their is indeed something that it breaks or ... can't understand but they want it but what they want isn't sure for me. Imagine Breaker or the right hand. Because if it's right hand then why transfer? and what's so special about the right hand that contains the imagine breaker which seals up something special inside Touma that Gremlin doesn't want but Crowley wants.
It's a possibility that Imagine Breaker is a containment for a more larger power than the "Invisible Thing" that we've seen a few times. I mean, during volume 22 when Fiamma saw it for the first time didn't Touma have some sort of communication with the thing that lives/coming out of his hand. The "Invisible Thing" might be some sort of sentient being that contains or houses a greater power that's beyond comprehension that only a few ie. Crowley and Gremlin may know.

What gets me though is that in NT4 is that why Othinus didn't kill Touma when she had the opportunity too. I mean she ripped the hand off without effort and easily crushed the "Thing" inside it, and it's obvious that Touma has no value to Gremlin only the containment of his power.
Old 2012-06-08, 14:08   Link #18682
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Not really, she's on par with Ollerus as imperfect Majins -- at best.
Isn't that something pretty amazing in itself? i mean Ollerus is a beast (guess that's just my opinion)
Old 2012-06-08, 15:12   Link #18683
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
What gets me though is that in NT4 is that why Othinus didn't kill Touma when she had the opportunity too. I mean she ripped the hand off without effort and easily crushed the "Thing" inside it, and it's obvious that Touma has no value to Gremlin only the containment of his power.

Ollerus and Fiamma stepped in.
Old 2012-06-08, 15:20   Link #18684
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ollerus and Fiamma stepped in.
I know that, but I'm sure that she could have killed Touma on the spot before ripping off the right hand. I don't know, but I think that IB could operate on its own even if the host gets snuffed by POE.
Old 2012-06-08, 15:55   Link #18685
tsunade666

Gremlin still doesn't have a perfect container. They want to control the transfer so if they kill the current user and without the container. It will just go randomly again. I bet Aleister already manipulate the transfer of imagine breaker.
Old 2012-06-08, 16:02   Link #18686
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Even if IB goes out randomly, Othinus can just crush it and keep it in control like when she did after the "Invisible Thing" started to materialize. I think they have the container ready, but Ollerus and Fiamma interfered before she even had a chance to.
Old 2012-06-08, 16:04   Link #18687
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
I know that, but I'm sure that she could have killed Touma on the spot before ripping off the right hand. I don't know, but I think that IB could operate on its own even if the host gets snuffed by POE.
I don't think she thought about it that much ... she just smashed him in passing cause he was there. last time i smashed a bug i didn't put much thought into the process >.< I'm sure she feels that way about Touma.
Old 2012-06-08, 16:09   Link #18688
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Even if IB goes out randomly, Othinus can just crush it and keep it in control like when she did after the "Invisible Thing" started to materialize. I think they have the container ready, but Ollerus and Fiamma interfered before she even had a chance to.
Nah, I think that is why they need to go to the windowless building, something related to the container might be there as well
Old 2012-06-08, 16:11   Link #18689
tsunade666

they still don't have a container. Othinus wants a container that is not tainted by science and magic. And the whole reason why Gremlin is targeting the windowless building is because she believes she can find it inside.
Old 2012-06-08, 16:25   Link #18690
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Then what was the whole point of her ripping off his hand and crushing the "Thing" like it was paper? I know about the impenetrable Windowless Building but why show off the ability to put IB in control when a container isn't really visible to them. It's technically saying that Touma and IB are useless to them at this time.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-06-08 at 17:32.
Old 2012-06-08, 17:23   Link #18691
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
When what was the whole point of her ripping off his hand and crushing the "Thing" like it was paper? I know about the impenetrable Windowless Building but why show off the ability to put IB in control when a container isn't really visible to them. It's technically saying that Touma and IB are useless to them at this time.
Othinus has a sort of whimsical attitude about her.

Quote:
She destroyed it because it was dangerous.

That was the exact thought process as Kamijou Touma. In that case, she could have just left it to Kamijou, but instead she had carelessly destroyed him.

Why?

She probably had no reason.

She had spotted him first, so she had destroyed him first. When the other problem remained, she had destroyed it too. That was her thought process as she wielded that great power. No firm direction could be felt in it. Or perhaps, it was not needed to be felt.

It was the ultimate form of power wielded as an individual.

No thought was given to what effect it would have on the future.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:17   Link #18692
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

The question not in a subject, me interests, how Accelerator received money for life? From the government or after all from experiments? In sense,

Quote:
Previously, Accelerator was being lent to various projects.
projects=experiments?
And I will think, when he started to be transferred to such experiments? For certain not when he was small and was in special classes / research institute, though.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:57   Link #18693
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
The question not in a subject, me interests, how Accelerator received money for life? From the government or after all from experiments? In sense,

projects=experiments?
And I will think, when he started to be transferred to such experiments? For certain not when he was small and was in special classes / research institute, though.

Yes, he apparently accumulated a sizable sum of money from the allowance from all those experiments.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:05   Link #18694
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes, he apparently accumulated a sizable sum of money from the allowance from all those experiments.
But I can't understand at what age and how.
1) I think, he didn't earn so in the first special class
2) Him invited / violently made experiments any groups of scientists, and then gave money (?) or it there were special experiments for which he could receive money for life
3) He after all violently kept in research institute?
Eh what the questions, in advance I apologize
Old 2012-06-11, 10:31   Link #18695
leukrota

It could also be that the money the level 5 receive periodically is a very healthy amount, they all seem rich kids after all... Misaki, Mugino and Fridge-kun appear to be big expenders while Mikoto lives quite comfortably.

Gunha is probably an exception, but he could very well have donated his share, why would he need money anyway? he lives on GUTS alone.

Accelerator also doesn't seem to use much money either so if he's been a level 5 for several years and he just puts the money in the bank or investment funds, then he could have already amassed quite a bit by now.

Well, that's one theory anyway.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:35   Link #18696
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

It'll be interesting to see what this "thing" is inside the Windowless Building that Othinus wants, as so far it's been described as completely empty except for the room Crowley is housed in. Maybe that tube he stays in is this "container".
Old 2012-06-11, 11:20   Link #18697
leukrota

Dunno about that... She talked about a specimen, not an object.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:22   Link #18698
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
It could also be that the money the level 5 receive periodically is a very healthy amount, they all seem rich kids after all... Misaki, Mugino and Fridge-kun appear to be big expenders while Mikoto lives quite comfortably.

Gunha is probably an exception, but he could very well have donated his share, why would he need money anyway? he lives on GUTS alone.

Accelerator also doesn't seem to use much money either so if he's been a level 5 for several years and he just puts the money in the bank or investment funds, then he could have already amassed quite a bit by now.

Well, that's one theory anyway.
Misakа and Mugino has seemingly rich parents though it too can be the truth.
If at Accelerator was as much addictions to money, how many at Mugino and other, hardly he would live in such sickly hostel and went in one T-shirt some years.
[joke, joke]
Well, he really spends for himself, on a small food, accommodation very little. In that case it is possible to assume that constant large sums of money simply aren't necessary to he.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:35   Link #18699
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

In Academy City student receive a fee for going to classes and coursing through the curriculum. The "side effect" is that how good the classes are is the money they get in exchange.

For the Accelerator, "going to classes" meant experiments; and being the best test subject in the City meant that he partake in a lot of experiments, getting fees for most of them (I assume). Even if he only got fees for the level 6 shift, and even if we assume that his salary is "just as good" as any other student, he got paid the equivalent of nearly 10.000 times and he didn't even touched the money once, so from a student point of view he has quite a fortune (Even Touma would be rich if he saved 10k times his current meager monthly salary ). Also, being the best student, Accelerator probably got be best fee out of the City.

In the case of Gunha, the school that he goes to right now seems pretty normal, so I doubt that he gets particularly highs fee. Even if he got paid highly on his time in the Dark Side of Academy City I doubt that he has too much money unless he saved every cent and dime that came with it.

Mikoto's fee isn't low but can't be that great, I mean, she wouldn't resort to tachiyomi otherwise (the thing were she reads manga without paying). Well, besides manga she pretty much buys everything she wants and lives a healthy life in Kuroko's arms So it's not like she has too little money.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:46   Link #18700
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
For the Accelerator, "going to classes" meant experiments; and being the best test subject in the City meant that he partake in a lot of experiments, getting fees for most of them (I assume). Even if he only got fees for the level 6 shift, and even if we assume that his salary is "just as good" as any other student, he got paid the equivalent of nearly 10.000 times and he didn't even touched the money once, so from a student point of view he has quite a fortune (Even Touma would be rich if he saved 10k times his current meager monthly salary ). Also, being the best student, Accelerator probably got be best fee out of the City.
To Accel paid for experiments concerning sisters? It would be useless, considering that large sums of money aren't necessary to he. Perhaps he had no choice, and he took all this money for experiments?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen