AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 21:18   Link #241
Falkor

It still intrigues me why Hiromi wants to befriend Noe. On one hand, we have Noe getting closer to Shinnichiro and somehow conflicting with her well established osana-najimi relationship (the most reasonable conclusion). On the other hand, she herself is a void of contradictions when her situation with Shinnichiro is very awkward (not even friends even though they live in the same house). So, why does she gain by doing this other than hinting her own jealousy/feelings (unconciously)? Given that her original intentions were only those of befriending Noe, it makes me wonder what other things she saw in her since Noe is not usually the type of girl you want to go the trouble of befriending. I have this image of Hiromi as a lonely girl given her cold personality and fake smile, so seeking a person as strange and apparently isolated as Noe might as well be because she wants to share/understand her own loneliness.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:26   Link #242
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
It still intrigues me why Hiromi wants to befriend Noe. On one hand, we have Noe getting closer to Shinnichiro and somehow conflicting with her well established osana-najimi relationship (the most reasonable conclusion). On the other hand, she herself is a void of contradictions when her situation with Shinnichiro is very awkward (not even friends even though they live in the same house). So, why does she gain by doing this other than hinting her own jealousy/feelings (unconciously)? Given that her original intentions were only those of befriending Noe, it makes me wonder what other things she saw in her since Noe is not usually the type of girl you want to go the trouble of befriending. I have this image of Hiromi as a lonely girl given her cold personality and fake smile, so seeking a person as strange and apparently isolated as Noe might as well be because she wants to share/understand her own loneliness.
I don't think so. Because Hiromi herself admitted to Shinichiro that she really did not want to be friends with Noe. Reason, it's really up to us to speculate why since she didn't. Hiromi started all of this when she saw Noe and Shinichiro talking.

And about Hiromi being lonely well we know of one friend. And possibly more since she is on the basketball team.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:33   Link #243
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I don't think so. Because Hiromi herself admitted to Shinichiro that she really did not want to be friends with Noe. Reason, it's really up to us to speculate why since she didn't. Hiromi started all of this when she saw Noe and Shinichiro talking.

And about Hiromi being lonely well we know of one friend. And possibly more since she is on the basketball team.
I think she started all this right after she 'talked' with her about the dead chicken and not simply because she was talking with Shinnichiro. what i really meant was not a friend, but someone you would call a 'true' friend (which i perceive she doesn't have).

Edit: About the last part saying she never wanted to be friends with her, I agree it’s up to speculation, but I don’t see jealousy/hidden feelings as the only reasons for doing so.

Last edited by Falkor; 2008-01-14 at 22:02.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:44   Link #244
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I think she started all this right after she 'talked' with her about the dead chicken and not simply because she was talking with Shinnichiro. what i really meant was not a friend, but someone you would call a 'true' friend (which i perceive she doesn't have).
Yes. But im still saying the reason she went up to her and talk about the chicken in the first place was because she saw her talking with Shinichiro.
Old 2008-01-15, 00:11   Link #245
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Yes. But im still saying the reason she went up to her and talk about the chicken in the first place was because she saw her talking with Shinichiro.
Well, yeah -- I don't think the show could have hinted at that any more strongly than it already did. Under normal circumstances, I doubt they would have ever crossed paths. If you want my guess, I think she was sort of "scoping her out" -- trying to figure out what her "angle" was, and what she wanted from Shinichiro. That doesn't necessarily mean it's outright jealousy, or that she was necessarily thinking she was going to stop her or anything, but I imagine she was "concerned" ("why's my foster-brother hanging out with this weirdo?").

Actually, now that I think about it, that's a pretty common high school game between popular girls and unpopular girls -- the popular girls pretend to befriend the unpopular ones, and the unpopular ones (thinking this is their big chance to get "in") go along with it willingly only to find that they were only being used. What Noe was basically saying is "I know what game you're playing, so don't even bother" since, under any other circumstance, a popular girl like Hiromi would have no reason to befriend a "loser" (social outcast) like Noe. The other comments Hiromi made about Noe, now that I think about it, sound like typical high school gossip between the popular kids about the unpopular ones -- Hiromi probably wasn't trying to deceive, but it's just "what they're saying". Because you normally see Hiromi at home in her quasi-depressed state, I never really thought of her as one of the "popular girls", but she has all the right elements: beautiful, sporty, mature/responsible, etc. Notice the way all her other teammates on the basketball team looked out for her, were concerned about her, etc. Like all high school popularity, though, it's just a big lie.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 00:39   Link #246
mandarb916

@relentlessflame

I highly doubt it's just "scoping out" considering the whole grave situation with Raigomaru and her telling Shinichiro that Noe frequently flirts with guys from her tree.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 00:45   Link #247
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
@relentlessflame

I highly doubt it's just "scoping out" considering the whole grave situation with Raigomaru and her telling Shinichiro that Noe frequently flirts with guys from her tree.
Well, likewise, I don't think it's as dark/serious/twisted as you proposed earlier. I don't get the feeling that she's "borderline yandere" at all. Her sub-conscious motivation could have been to simply keep Noe away from Shinichiro, but I don't think it's some dark twisted scheme... But, time will tell, of course...
Old 2008-01-15, 00:46   Link #248
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
@relentlessflame

I'm not sure she said frequently, just that she did it once, at least according to the Bakawolf + m.3.3.w. sub. Her exact quote in there is "After classes, she hit on a passing-by male student after climbing a tree." It's either a screw up on their translation, but it seems to me she's saying it was a one time event. Though classes being plural would seem to be incorrect, or at least a slightly rough translation. If it is singular it should have read "After class, she hit on a passing-by male student after climbing a tree", and if it was intended to be a regular thing it should read hits and students, instead of hit and student. Either way my Japanese is too rough to make my own translation, so I can only go by what the sub says.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 03:58   Link #249
mandarb916

The translation should be:
"After class, she hits on/flirts with passing-by male students after climbing a tree"
It's in present tense (ie. ongoing) so perhaps "frequently" is a bit of an exaggeration, but there's no way to distinguish whether it's just one guy or multiple guys, just that it's ongoing.

Retranslating Bakawolf's translation, it would be:
"Jyugyou ga owaruto, kini nobotte, tourikakaru danshi seito wo gyakunan sitetandatte"
the actual phrase was:
"Jyugyou ga owaruto, kini nobotte, tourikakaru danshi seito wo gyakunan siterundatte"

It does, however, appear that Shinichiro thought it referred to himself, but at this point there's too much uncertainty to make any definitive statement. In the context of how Hiromi stated that, though, there was a strong negative connotation. The word "strange" in the Japanese language can have a much more stronger negative impact than just "oddball" or "blacksheep".
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 04:18   Link #250
Ultenth

Very interesting, thanks for clearing that up a bit for me. If so that definitely adds even more strangeness to Noe's character in my mind. I can't wait for all the crap that Shinichiro is going to get though when all those people giving him props for having Noe wave at him etc. come back at him after she rides off with some other guy, haha.
Old 2008-01-15, 14:54   Link #251
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Very interesting, thanks for clearing that up a bit for me. If so that definitely adds even more strangeness to Noe's character in my mind. I can't wait for all the crap that Shinichiro is going to get though when all those people giving him props for having Noe wave at him etc. come back at him after she rides off with some other guy, haha.
Ya, that will be very interesting in the next episode. I'm guessing the guy who picks up Noe in the next episode is the same guy we saw Noe hugging with only a T-shirt on. That scene kinda gave me a weird impression, as usually thats the kind of attire girls in some series wear after sleeping over a guys place (like Sekai from School Days), but idk. I guess we'll see when the next episode rolls around
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 15:13   Link #252
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox79 View Post
Ya, that will be very interesting in the next episode. I'm guessing the guy who picks up Noe in the next episode is the same guy we saw Noe hugging with only a T-shirt on. That scene kinda gave me a weird impression, as usually thats the kind of attire girls in some series wear after sleeping over a guys place (like Sekai from School Days), but idk. I guess we'll see when the next episode rolls around
Yeah, but her grandma's picture was at the house, so it's either her house and he's over, or they live together. But honestly the way she hugged him seemed more like an older brother or something. Either way I'm sure we're overthinking it and it'll probably just be an older brother or something lame like that, but I honestly hope it's something different and thus hopefully more dramatic and interesting.
Old 2008-01-15, 15:33   Link #253
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Hiromi is referring specifically to when Noe met Shinichirou, and just cloaking it in the more general statement: "And I hear that after school she goes and climbs trees and hits on guys that pass by." That sounds like a normal snarky way of saying: "Haha, I know all about you and her."

And I am going on the theory that the guy Noe hugs is her brother. Maybe they were raised by their grandma, whose picture that is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:40   Link #254
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Hiromi is referring specifically to when Noe met Shinichirou, and just cloaking it in the more general statement: "And I hear that after school she goes and climbs trees and hits on guys that pass by." That sounds like a normal snarky way of saying: "Haha, I know all about you and her."

And I am going on the theory that the guy Noe hugs is her brother. Maybe they were raised by their grandma, whose picture that is.
Very good point, I could very much see her saying it in that way, due to her nature of not being very honest or straightforward with herself and others. That does make a lot of sense that she is basically trying to allude to the event but without directly saying that she knows about what happened between the two of them. And yeah, my guess is brother too, but I'm still hoping for something more exciting and unique. Guess I'll have to wait till this Monday or so to find out.
Old 2008-01-15, 16:41   Link #255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, she may or may not know, but I agree with the idea. Like I said earlier, I think this sounds like gossip. You take a one-time thing (her encounter with Shinichirou), and it turns into "Did you hear? That Noe hits on guys from up in trees!" even though maybe she only did it that one time. So, if you want my guess, Hiromi probably doesn't know that Shinichirou was "one of the guys" they're talking about. It's more like "and I ever heard this rumour that..." Of course, that's just speculation.

Quote:
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty likely, personally.
Old 2008-01-15, 16:58   Link #256
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Don't you just hate how school rumors like these start spreading like wildfire
Sure...gang on the "weird" girl ~~

Hiromi being kinda jealous that shinichirou has been talking with another girl might be the beginning of something...perhaps she is thinking that she should take action first, rather than letting nature take its course

Noe isn't the type who would have a boyfriend or such behind everyone's back...so I'm also guess that it is her brother ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:03   Link #257
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

wasn't planning on following this series, but then I read it was by the Noein production team so, yeah another series to download. my impression after 2 eps is WOW. i can't wait for next weeks ep

edit: now that I bother looking it up, it seems this series isn't by the Noein team. oh well LOL

Last edited by Seravy; 2008-01-15 at 18:35.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:15   Link #258
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3 preview:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 08:13   Link #259
Kristen
*Author

Hm... I'm expecting Hiromi to take some sort of action soon. Noe will then try and fight back.
I don't think this is going to be an arc-type anime, but an all at once type of a thing.

Does the silly song saying that their is a cockroach near Shinchiro's shoe have any meaning, or is it just a silly song? It's been mentioned enough to make me think it could have some. Maybe, Shinchiro is dangerously close to hurting someone and better watch where he steps?

I still don't get Ai's role in all of this.
Old 2008-01-16, 08:31   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I still don't get Ai's role in all of this.
You will after a few more episodes?

At the moment i can understand what you mean, though that's because she hasn't probably been introduced yet. It looks like we'll be seeing more of her character in episode 03 (i god damn hope so, she's my favorite).

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life