AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-17, 06:30   Link #1201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is their also angels on islam?
Yup, the Angels in Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all actually the same.
Old 2009-12-17, 10:16   Link #1202
Avegaille

I think I'll be going quite off from what you guys are talking about but I'm really curious about this...

Spoiler for Volume 8 stuff:
Old 2009-12-17, 10:21   Link #1203
tsunade666

Touma help kuroko? in vol 08? this is the first time I heard of it. I thought that in vol 08. Kuroko will fought a stronger teleporter to protect misaka. But like in the end it doesn't looks like she needs any help.
Old 2009-12-17, 10:33   Link #1204
Avegaille

Quote:
Touma help kuroko? in vol 08? this is the first time I heard of it. I thought that in vol 08. Kuroko will fought a stronger teleporter to protect misaka. But like in the end it doesn't looks like she needs any help.
Well someone somewhere mentioned that Kuroko was having a hard time in that fight and if it wasn't for Touma, she would have been a goner...? idk.

Which is what I want to know, because it's been... bothering my curiosity as of lately. XD

EDIT: Here it is: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=78
Old 2009-12-17, 10:50   Link #1205
tsunade666

I haven't read vol 8 and I'm just currently reading vol 07.
But it's interesting though to know that kuroko ended up with touma helping her. Even once it didn't occur to me. She is strong willed girl so it didn't occur to me even once. Specially its touma were talking about. His greatest rival agaisnt oneesama's attention.
But the enemy is a member of group and the only way to meet Crowley is by the help of that girl ( well given that others can teleport inside it )

Btw while skimming the vol 08 pictures. I saw kuroko in undergarments on the phone. And its quite sexy.

And also in the preview picute I didn't see touma except for the part he got biten by index and imouto being their with puff .... and stripe pantsu

back to vol 07. The one I'm reading. They are currently on the run on finding ursual. Ursula has been taken by the ( in my translation it says agar agar type which I think is wrong. I think its the amakusa. I wish someone correct me here. Its hard to deal with toaru verse terms they can't be translated directly easily by translating software )
Old 2009-12-17, 10:56   Link #1206
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
I think I'll be going quite off from what you guys are talking about but I'm really curious about this...

Spoiler for Volume 8 stuff:
Spoiler for vol. 8:
Old 2009-12-17, 13:36   Link #1207
LastResolve

in volume 19 is there anything mentioned about touma's power?
Old 2009-12-17, 13:49   Link #1208
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Spoiler for vol. 8:

WoW. I didn't think that the battle in vol 08 will be also superb. I will try to read it after I read vol 9-11. or maybe just straight 8-11.

So many to do so little time
Old 2009-12-17, 15:14   Link #1209
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
in volume 19 is there anything mentioned about touma's power?
Not really
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-17, 19:34   Link #1210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
back to vol 07. The one I'm reading. They are currently on the run on finding ursual. Ursula has been taken by the ( in my translation it says agar agar type which I think is wrong. I think its the amakusa. I wish someone correct me here. Its hard to deal with toaru verse terms they can't be translated directly easily by translating software )

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Spoiler for vol. 8:
INteresting... So there is a phase between teleporting that can be negated...
Old 2009-12-17, 21:49   Link #1211
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

INteresting... So there is a phase between teleporting that can be negated...
It's only happen when she teleport a really huge mass(more than 1000kg I think), there will be a visible space warp before the object appears.
Old 2009-12-18, 01:59   Link #1212
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Is their also angels on islam? I like the idea of islams that its okay for polygamy. Touma should convert into one if he will pick a religion but still he should stick with his current side. The science side. And islam has holy war which the current situation shows too many war.
Okay stop right there. What's this weird idea you have that he should convert for the polygamy? I think gonna give you a little 101 lesson about polygamy in Islam.

[LESSON BEGIN]
First of all polygamy was never a part of Islam in the beginning when the religion began, it became so after a certain incident when a great battle to defend the religion that left a lot of war widows. To protect these widows, their property, assets & children, God gave a revelation to The Prophet Muhammad that Muslim men were allowed to have more than one wive (the limit being four) but as long as treat their wives equally & fairly. Polygamy was added in Islam to protect widows or women who couldn't defend themselves not because so a man can have some more Hanky Panky.

So if somebody wants to convert Islam or any other religion because they believe in that religion beliefs then that's okay. But they want to convert only for the polygamy then that's just wrong as that's no different for somebody who just convert for money & bribes.
[LESSON END]

Anyway, it would interesting to see Muslim magicians in the To Aru series.
Old 2009-12-18, 02:03   Link #1213
tsunade666

........................touma always ended up protecting those girls. Those girls always ended up asking touma's help........... so isn't it the same as the one that your mentioning?

I can't recall an event where touma ended up the one who needs help from a girl.
Old 2009-12-18, 02:41   Link #1214
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You don't get it do you. [facepalm]
Old 2009-12-18, 04:13   Link #1215
tsunade666

NO I didn't get it. [Jaws drop]

If what you are saying is that polygamy is establish to protect those widows or women who can't protect themselves. right?

hmm....

touma touma... let's forget about islam because I don't have any idea about their laws to begin with. As for this kid who doesn't have any love interest that just help any girl who needs help and ended up that the girl liking him means trouble.

Index = save from being memory wipe out
and with it trigger
kaori = who he also helps in angel fall arc and also saw what's hidden with his father.
then
mikoto = which he saves from the nightmare of sister massacre and with it
rescue
imouto= + 10000 less other clones and ended up also saving
LO but LO choose psycho so let's leave her.
Then theirs Aisa = which he saves from a alchemist nutz.
His loli teach Komie = which ............. oh theirs a girl that touma ask for help and its her. FIRST TIME > < he always ask for advice on his loving teach but lately the teach had found another lovelove candidate. poor cigarette kid
The class chairman fukiyose ( not sure about class chairman ) which rumors has it that he likes the boy but I know much about her and the school festival arc yet.
anieze = he assisted her and by assisting her he triggered
ursula = the one who was said that can decode the book of laws.
then theirs itsuwa = which a member of amakusa and I don't know how he ended up liking the nut case.

Though all and all he always help the girls that leads into a harem. And in the latest he also helps an enemy. Correct me if I'm wrong but its name is
Flora = which is said not YET belong to his harem.

Forget about islam, forget about polygamy how will he deal with those girls
Old 2009-12-18, 05:01   Link #1216
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for stuff:
Wow, bravo. You did a good job of explaining it. Oh well, I'd spew out the same explanation if I were to come here first, being a Muslim myself. But even then today even the concept of polygamy in Islam is being misused by none other than the believers themselves. And that brings the male Muslim race of the human population a great shame everytime something goes wrong, if I must say.

... But I don't quite like the idea of Muslim mages, because witchcraft is forbidden. But hey, other religions forbid them too, and this is the ToaruVerse (just look at them Catholics XD), so I guess it can happen as well.

The only reason I won't like such an idea is... well, you know how Muslims will rage if they knew. In general. And man, talk about why I don't like it when they go into an uproar...

OK back to the topic.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-12-18, 06:45   Link #1217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@tsunade666

Still, the only ones that have constantly shown to have strong feelings for him is Index, Mikoto, Kanzaki and Itsuwa... Still not so sure why she already has feelings for him in volume 11 though.

So his harem might not be that big.
Old 2009-12-18, 08:33   Link #1218
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@tsunade666

Still, the only ones that have constantly shown to have strong feelings for him is Index, Mikoto, Kanzaki and Itsuwa... Still not so sure why she already has feelings for him in volume 11 though.

So his harem might not be that big.
Maybe she was the Akamusa girl who Touma saved from a fall in the vol.7. that gives sense.
Old 2009-12-18, 08:44   Link #1219
tsunade666

If Muslims will go uproar then how about the catholics? heck toaruverse is using vatican but like I care about them btw I'm a catholic but more likely a non believer due to certain circumstances :P so peace men peace

I can understand about index and mikoto but for kaori and itsuwa.... I just can't get it. Heck those two are to beauties to ended up with T-O-U-M-A
Old 2009-12-18, 09:34   Link #1220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe she was the Akamusa girl who Touma saved from a fall in the vol.7. that gives sense.
Wait... When did this happened Was it the last battle?

Quote:
If Muslims will go uproar then how about the catholics? heck toaruverse is using vatican but like I care about them btw I'm a catholic but more likely a non believer due to certain circumstances :P so peace men peace
I just can't see them being bothered by an Anime/Manga/Novel Let alone one that isn't exactly high profile...

Quote:
I can understand about index and mikoto but for kaori and itsuwa.... I just can't get it. Heck those two are to beauties to ended up with T-O-U-M-A
I don't like the idea of Kaori falling for Touma either, oh well...

At any rate, unless there's some serious newcomer, I'll say it boils down to Mikoto vs Itsuwa... Sorry Index
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen