AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-25, 16:05   Link #1
NeoSam

Asura Cryin' 2

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Asura Cryin' (Asura Klein) by Mikumo Gakuto (author) and Watanuki Nao (illustrator) will be getting a second season anime adaptation.

アスラクライン
Asura Cryin' (Asura Klein)

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series aimed at boys).

Official anime site:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/asura/

Based on a light novel series that's published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
For now there are 12 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Mikumo Gakuto
Illustrator: Watanuki Nao

A seinen manga adaptation of the light novel series started serialization in the November 2008 issue of the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh. The manga is drawn by Akizuki Ryou.
Currently there's 1 volume released of the manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy
Old 2009-06-26, 03:12   Link #2
klare

will watch this since i already watched season 1...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 05:42   Link #3
NeoSam

The second season will start broadcast in October.
Old 2009-06-28, 07:20   Link #4
patnam

right now the 1st season covered till which volume in light novel?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:10   Link #5
Midonin
Last Engage

This most likely means another song by angela (plus more of the mishmash of elements I enjoyed about the first season), so giving this thread one of those little dots that shows I've posted in it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 11:44   Link #6
Miraluka
Banned

I found interesting the parallels world of the series. I'm curious about the 1st world.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 14:17   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Do I have to watch the first season for this one? I mean it as in, if there is considerable amount of information I can't just read a summary for.
Old 2009-07-14, 14:20   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Do I have to watch the first season for this one? I mean it as in, if there is considerable amount of information I can't just read a summary for.
You could probably get away with reading episode summaries, though i don't see why you wouldn't want to watch the first series, if you have interest in the second.
Old 2009-07-14, 14:33   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I have had for some time a bad habit of leaving some shows up in the air for very long periods of time (count in seasons). It is what I was used to when watching them on TV where it was inevitable I would miss one or two episodes here and there. I'm not really one to watch something just to keep up to the latest, if I'm not in the mood I don't watch it =P In any case this has served me well (surprisingly) in that I tend to miss out on the bad (ie. disappointing) endings of some shows since I just so happen did not watch it till the end (lol), and it also gives me some motivation to go in and re-watch it all later. Although I would like to take credit of being clever, I'm in the end just stupid like that and this is all just a consequence of a bad habit (and the constraints of real life).

Anyway, that said I find the "2nd seasons" (and later) in general to have a 50/50 chance of doing something different and not just be part two of the old, even if the plot progression may be something like that. So I just treat them like any other series; in the end if its entertaining what do I care.
Old 2009-07-14, 14:36   Link #10
Susanou
.Enforcer

Well at least we don't have to worry about lack of content to fill S2 with. Can't really go wrong with the amount of stuff that has yet to be explained no?

Unless S2 raises even more questions and we are forced into waiting for yet another season. First season made it forcefully clear that you can't really predict what they will pull next in this anime.

Will be watching it.
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 15:17   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Lets put it this way: imagine a story where each chapter consists of two parts: first where things get introduced, and second where they get expanded on and explained. Take all the chapters, throw away the second parts and pull together the first parts - voila, you now have Asura Cryin season 1 Which is to say, the series introduced an awful lot of concepts and ideas (Ones that i actually liked for the most part), brought for a lot of characters, but never really expanded on any of them, which is what i assume second season is here for. First season left you with a vague concept on general state of affairs, and some idea of what the plot should be about once we get to it, but it never really got there. Suffice to say, they could have done a better job on the first season, as it did feel they introduced too much stuff with ultimately doing too little with it.

I would say the best idea is to watch the first few or so episodes and see if you like the concept. Personally i like what the show is about and the hints about what it will be (even if they didn't do the greatest of introductions to say the least), but it was interesting to watch for the concepts involved, if not for the execution. That, and i found Misao quite adorable, and her chemistry with Tomo quite rarely refreshing - the usual "childhood friends" we have seen many of times indeed, but i found the atmosphere of their friendship a genuine and relaxing one - two people who really are comfortable around each other, despite the less than casual state of Misao.

So, in the end - should you watch it ? I don't see why not, considering you are interested in it. Given the rather stingily cryptic nature this show had when it came to expanding on things, i suppose you could be missing out on some stuff if you don't.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-07-15 at 07:14.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 00:58   Link #12
zeth006

Bleh. I was excessively patient with S1. By episode 6 and after I was just watching it when I was bored.

Hoping for better things in season S2.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 15:29   Link #13
Midonin
Last Engage

While it was probably a given, angela's website confirmed that they'll be doing the OP and ED for the second season. Details to follow, of course.
Old 2009-07-19, 12:16   Link #14
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
While it was probably a given, angela's website confirmed that they'll be doing the OP and ED for the second season. Details to follow, of course.

Really! nice info.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:36   Link #15
Edgewalker
Nani ?

S1 was very average. I doubt S2 will seem much different.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 14:38   Link #16
Midonin
Last Engage

Title of the OP and ED have been confirmed. The OP is "Alternative", the ED is "Kanata no delight", both by angela as in the first season.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:21   Link #17
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
S1 was very average. I doubt S2 will seem much different.
"Asura Cryin' - now more confusing than ever"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 20:09   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"Asura Cryin' - now more confusing than ever"
"Asura Cryin' - Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 22:32   Link #19
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Asura Cryin' - now with extra WTF"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 03:11   Link #20
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So this picks up where the first season left off huh?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen