AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-09, 06:15   Link #441
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Koshimizu, what has been said regarding C.C.? Things like her past, name, her relationship with Marianne, the contract, and how things between her and Lelouch will go from here?
Sorry for the trouble.
Nothing more than what we already knew. Sorry. ^^;
This month's magazine gave nothing about her either.
But in the interview, Taniguchi said the mysteries in S1, such as the contract between Lelouch & C.C., and the mystery behind Marianne's death, will be solved.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 07:03   Link #442
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
The lion is the symbol of power. The snake is the symbol of wisdom.
The snake swallowing lion figure is a variation of Ouroboros, which represents eternal recurrence, infinity, and union of the truth and knowledge.

From the official newsletter #18.
Didn't know that, thank you .
Old 2008-02-09, 08:30   Link #443
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Nothing more than what we already knew. Sorry. ^^;
This month's magazine gave nothing about her either.
But in the interview, Taniguchi said the mysteries in S1, such as the contract between Lelouch & C.C., and the mystery behind Marianne's death, will be solved.
Alright then, at least they won't leave any of that unanswered.

Does Marianne have a VA? I don't recall her ever having any lines in the anime.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:41   Link #444
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Does Marianne have a VA? I don't recall her ever having any lines in the anime.
Not yet. I guess that's why there was a line for her in Ep.23 ("I don't want immortal") but that scene turned out to be slient.
Maybe it's because her VA would be a giveaway for her personality.
Marianne looks like a nice and quiet lady in the opening and in Clovis's paintings. But she turned out to be way cooler than that. But we didn't know this until like 6 months after the end of season 1 (in Sound Episode 6, and later further confirmed in novel Stage 3). For people who watches only the anime, they're still in the dark. It'll be a nice surprise when Marianne speaks for the first time. (If it's in the "Yo~ho! Lelouch, Nunnlly, I'm home!" style, that's even better!)
Old 2008-02-09, 10:50   Link #445
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe Taniguchi hasn't picked out one yet. I really hope Marianne gets a lot more screentime and maybe a picture book that is all about her and her kids or maybe her relationship with C.C.

Are the picture books and sound episodes going to continue?
Old 2008-02-09, 12:35   Link #446
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Are the picture books and sound episodes going to continue?
Picture books are highly likely, since those are DVD specials and they're likely to keep this tradition.
Not sure about Sound Episodes because their purpose was to keep fans busy during the gap between S1 and S2. Now that S2 is starting I don't see them continuing it.
It's still possible though. CD dramas and character songs are becoming a trend for popular animes. Especially when there're hot VAs like Sōichirō Hoshi and Midoriwa, it's a waste to not release CD dramas. ;p
Old 2008-02-09, 12:39   Link #447
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, the sound episodes only featured songs by some of the female VAs right? Could they possibly do some for the male VAs like Fukuyama and Takihiro?

Considering that the picture books only appear on the DVDs, I wonder if they might do something rather sinister like leave us some sort of epilogue on Lelouch without doing it in the show.
Old 2008-02-09, 13:23   Link #448
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Well, the sound episodes only featured songs by some of the female VAs right? Could they possibly do some for the male VAs like Fukuyama and Takihiro?
Fukuyama already sung in SE2. The song is "Never End".
[OT]It's... beyond my imagination. He really can't get the keys right, which he openly admits and doesn't mind people making fun of him. The first time I listened to "Never End" I couldn't bear to finish. (Lelouch-sama I'm sorry~~) But my pals told me I really shouldn't expect a VA to sing well, since it's not their expertise. Besides, Fukuyama is well-known for suck at singing. But he's trying hard and he's improving. This is the best song he's done. Now it grew into me after repeating a few times. [/OT]

Yep, the other 5 are all girls. In terms of importance these 5 are on the top anyway. Except for Suzaku, but Takahiro Sakurai refuses to sing character songs because he thinks it's awkward to sing pretending as an anime character.

But I think chances are high for Li (Hikaru Midorikawa) and Gino (Sōichirō Hoshi), if there will be more SE. These two sang lots of character songs. Besides, the main female cast already had their chance so...

Quote:
Considering that the picture books only appear on the DVDs, I wonder if they might do something rather sinister like leave us some sort of epilogue on Lelouch without doing it in the show.
Hmm... I don't think so. All the picture books and sound episodes are supplement materials. They help us to get to know the characters better, but it doesn't effect the fun of the show even if knowing nothing about them at all. So I doubt if they'll put anything essential in there.
Old 2008-02-09, 15:11   Link #449
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
I have to say I Like " Never End " though o-o; I thought JunJun was a good singer at first XD ( Lelouch can sing~ )

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 15:14   Link #450
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, I never heard the song by him.

And I know Takahiro has done character songs a few times at the very least, since he did one for Gash Bell. Maybe it was that experiance that changed his mind though.

I've used something I believe I read in an interview a long ways back in discussions before, but I wanted to verify whether it was truth or not. One was some comment that mentioned Lelouch didn't see C.C. as a woman and that any sort of romantic relatioship couldn't happen unless he did. That isn't the exact wording I'm sure, but I'd like to know if it was true or not since it seems odd that such a thing would be even mentioned when they were avoiding any sort of romance in season 1.

There was also another one that was about how C.C. was playing more of a maternal role for Lelouch.

Are either of these correct or were they fake?

Also, given that Taniguchi said the mystery of Marianne's "death" would be solved, does that mean that she is in fact dead? Or could we still be fooled about that?
Old 2008-02-09, 15:19   Link #451
ashlay
the red string of fate

I don't know, I thought Fukuyama not being a great singer was part of the charm of it. Lelouch is the kind of person who would learn to sing (just in case...), but being Lelouch would get in over his head and not be that great at it.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 20:16   Link #452
Isegrim

I'm sorry if this question occured before, but: Has there been any leakage about the planned ending of season 1, if the response would have been bad? Or is this some feature, which will be released sometimes in the future on DVD?
Sorry for the effort (and my syntax ).
Old 2008-02-09, 20:34   Link #453
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
I'm sorry if this question occured before, but: Has there been any leakage about the planned ending of season 1, if the response would have been bad? Or is this some feature, which will be released sometimes in the future on DVD?
Sorry for the effort (and my syntax ).
If the series hadn't been popular and the second season hadn't been given a go-ahead, apparently it would have been something along the lines of Evangelion, with Lelouch coming to terms with himself and his beliefs.

random speculation: Lelouch would have ended up joining the specially administered district and Euphie wouldn't have died. Throw in some weird hallucinogenic fight between Lelouch and V.V. to close things out.
Old 2008-02-09, 21:38   Link #454
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That would have been rather annoying. I wonder if they planned on revealing all the mysteries in one go if that had been the case. Fitting in the truth about Marianne, Geass, C.C., and everything else may have been a bit hard to pull of though.

I sort of wish they had put the alternate ending on the last DVD, but the production costs probably would not have been worth it.

Or did they already have it made?
Old 2008-02-09, 21:48   Link #455
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
That would have been rather annoying. I wonder if they planned on revealing all the mysteries in one go if that had been the case. Fitting in the truth about Marianne, Geass, C.C., and everything else may have been a bit hard to pull of though.

I sort of wish they had put the alternate ending on the last DVD, but the production costs probably would not have been worth it.

Or did they already have it made?
the second season was given a go ahead around halfway through the series, if not earlier. So basically the entire show could have moved in a different direction if it hadn't been approved. I'm just guessing that things would have moved towards the specially administered district anyway because it seems like a good out for the series.

And if you want alternate endings, make sure to buy the DS game when/if it comes out in english! ... *runs*
Old 2008-02-09, 22:19   Link #456
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, it was that early. I suppose they wouldn't have wasted time on some things then or conluded them much faster than before, like the whole Mao thing.

I pray it comes out here. What are the real chances of it though? I know there is a game section on the english site, but that might not mean we get the DS game. I doubt we'll get Lost Colors though.
Old 2008-02-10, 08:21   Link #457
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
the second season was given a go ahead around halfway through the series, if not earlier. So basically the entire show could have moved in a different direction if it hadn't been approved. I'm just guessing that things would have moved towards the specially administered district anyway because it seems like a good out for the series.
Did they still work on the first season, while it was already being aired?
The fact that the final 2 episodes were re-produced (correct me, if that isn't right) makes me presume that Sunrise only did a re-development of 24+25, as there has been an intermission in broadcasting for a few months.

Last edited by Isegrim; 2008-02-10 at 09:37.
Isegrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 09:32   Link #458
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
you are right. I am still waiting for the second since October.
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 12:53   Link #459
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Did they still work on the first season, while it was already being aired?
The fact that the final 2 episodes were re-produced (correct me, if that isn't right) makes me presume that Sunrise only did a re-development of 24+25, as there has been an intermission in broadcasting for a few months.
saying 24 and 25 were reproduced probably isn't the best way to put it, since they were never ready for airing in "original form".

See, Geass had two recap episodes (8.5 and 17.6), but it only had 25 episodes to air the series (japanese stations are rather strict about their contracts), so once they got to 23 they didn't have any slots left to air in (since darker than black was on). And so, like you said, there was a few months until Geass could get another hour time slot. Now, the production staff justified this to the fans (you and me) by saying that the episodes would have improved animation (which they did) which means some scenes somewhere were likely redrawn. But again, They knew they didn't have anymore airing times back when 23 was on, I highly doubt 24 was ready in any form for the week after 23.

To move along to development: The way TV shows work is that a whole bunch of people sit in a room for a few months and come up with a concept, theme, basic story outline, etc. And then they start making the series, at which point the people who came up with the concept don't just go home, or do another job, they sit there and come up with all sorts of ideas of how'd they'd change the story depending on what the company tells them or the fans tell them. (this is getting particularly big now that there's the internet and whatnot) Stuff like how to phase characters out of the story, what to do if they fall behind in the schedule (which geass did, hence the recaps), etc. The story is constantly being reworked, and with many animation programs individual episodes are being worked on even up to the week before they're being aired (or later, which again sometimes means delays)
Old 2008-02-10, 13:16   Link #460
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Q. The reason for Suzaku's physical ability? Will it be explained in S1?
A. Right now it's close to an inside setting. It was given while he's a child.

Physical ability??? He trained with Toudo when he was a child ....... is there another reason????
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a