AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 32 29.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 31.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 22.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-20, 03:49   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Going by all their conversations so far in this series it's quite fitting that Ranka's present is a ticket to her concert since she never asks Alto anything and just talks about herself all the time. Sheryl otoh gives Alto a chance to fly in a real sky something she knows he would love because in their conversations she actually asks him questions about himself (gasp the audacity!) instead of telling Alto all about herself.

12 looks pretty awesome, I didn't expect to see some really nice looking action scenes after reading the initial synopsis for it. More Sheryl and Alto goodness coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler:

So if Grace is with Sheryl, then that means there's also something special within Sheryl since Grace wouldn't hang out with her for no reason.
The chances of Sheryl just being a normal person seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer but Grace could be with her since Sheryl provides very easy access to numerous fleets and planets. Considering she's her manager I assume she makes the bookings of where to go.

As for Escaflowne...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-06-20 at 04:54.
Old 2008-06-20, 04:41   Link #42
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
EDIT: forgot to put spoiler tags...
Spoiler for episode 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Can you guys stop putting these damned spoiler tags about episode 11?!? This thread is about episode 11!!! People who enters here know they may be spoiled.
truthfully, i agree with this as well. after all, why would you enter an "episode xx thread" when you haven't watched episode xx? although you cant say the same for other series which dont have subforums.
but just to be on the safe side innit... i dont wanna get another warning from the mods (had one before)

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2008-06-20 at 04:52.
Old 2008-06-20, 04:46   Link #43
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
EDIT: forgot to put spoiler tags...
Spoiler for episode 11:
Well you can see the matter under a different POV: as she's a bad woman she will have to get punished of course. What kind of punishment does she deserve? Death? No it would be a waste for such a babe so I would punish her in other adult ways...
Old 2008-06-20, 05:00   Link #44
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

wtf Quamzin doing in frontier ? he annoy the hell out of me in SDF and now he's back? - hope that it isn't him and from the look of it only his head ?

oh yes Alto gonna end up with sherrly but I bet ranka going to bother them since she started to show up her emo side
Old 2008-06-20, 05:25   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I must say, it's rather annoying seeing Sheryl fanboys on the blogs starting up rants on "Yay, Sheryl wins Ranka loses!" and "Go Sheryl, die Ranka!" We're not even halfway through the series yet. There's tons of time for all kinds of $hit to fly, and the triangle could still go either way. Sheesh.

Anyways, I gotta admit that I wouldn't mind Kamjin coming back from the grave after 20 years. (our time) For me, he added a nice "OH SHI-" touch to the battles in Macross.
Old 2008-06-20, 05:34   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I must say, it's rather annoying seeing Sheryl fanboys on the blogs starting up rants on "Yay, Sheryl wins Ranka loses!" and "Go Sheryl, die Ranka!" We're not even halfway through the series yet. There's tons of time for all kinds of $hit to fly, and the triangle could still go either way. Sheesh.
And it's just as annoying seeing Ranka fanboys on the blogs bitch and moan about how it's over and that Sheryl should just die.
Old 2008-06-20, 05:38   Link #47
hai_san

well it is very interesting reading all the Ranka vs Sheryl post rants
Old 2008-06-20, 06:06   Link #48
Key Board
Carbon

DYRL movie character designs are canon.
Breetai never had hair.
Exedore's head looks like a giant tumor. He was like this in Macross7 too.
Zentradi men are green and some wear err... jewel eye patches. They're probably high tech visors

It's interesting to see Klan's ironic mindset, though.

From a normal Zentradi perspective it's her that that would be considered the scum since she's tainted by human cultural hegemony.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:31   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And it's just as annoying seeing Ranka fanboys on the blogs bitch and moan about how it's over and that Sheryl should just die.
Except I haven't seen half as many of these posts you speak of as I've seen Sheryl fanboy rantings. Especially on Random Curiosity.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:34   Link #50
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Anyways, I gotta admit that I wouldn't mind Kamjin coming back from the grave after 20 years. (our time) For me, he added a nice "OH SHI-" touch to the battles in Macross.
Not to mention he was a little obssesed with his frequent sparring partner Hikaru.

By sparring I mean shooting bullets, missles and plasma beams at each other not the sparring Quamzin had with Lap Lapiz.

A very SM relationship there.

Heh for old times sake he'll probably tag that VF with the red stripes.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:12   Link #51
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Except I haven't seen half as many of these posts you speak of as I've seen Sheryl fanboy rantings. Especially on Random Curiosity.
Well that would be because Sheryl's fan base on English forums is much larger than Ranka's And that doesn't change the fact that Ranka fan boys are just as annoying especially around 5-6 when you would think that Alto and Ranka were married the way they were bitching and moaning.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:15   Link #52
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

They better have an explanation why they allow Quamzin back (or is he back at all). After one sabotage attempt, and two invasions, I'd think its enough to friggin put him on a death sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
You're forgetting one big thing: she has cyber implants within her so it wouldn't be so far fetched for her to be able to voice her thoughts through an encrypted voice conversation. There are just too many hints in the show to not admit she's the one behind Brera.
Not that I am not open to that. I am, but I want confirmation in the next, or next few episodes. Nonetheless, it makes you wonder who is that person who talked to Leon in Episode 10.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-20, 07:17   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not that I am not open to that. I am, but I want confirmation in the next, or next few episodes. Nonetheless, it makes you wonder who is that person who talked to Leon in Episode 10.

- Tak
Considering the tech Galaxy seem to have I wouldn't be surprised if Sheryl was controlling or voicing herself through that.. uh proxy of hers.
Old 2008-06-20, 07:37   Link #54
hai_san

Quote:
Considering the tech Galaxy seem to have I wouldn't be surprised if Sheryl? was controlling or voicing herself through that.. uh proxy of hers.
you mean Grace i think.
Old 2008-06-20, 08:37   Link #55
salome75

i feel sad for ranka that's all i can say
Old 2008-06-20, 08:41   Link #56
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Well that would be because Sheryl's fan base on English forums is much larger than Ranka's And that doesn't change the fact that Ranka fan boys are just as annoying especially around 5-6 when you would think that Alto and Ranka were married the way they were bitching and moaning.
Thank you for solidifying my point then, since my whole point was about how the English fans are going on about it. I don't recall saying anything about the Japanese fans.
Old 2008-06-20, 08:44   Link #57
BleachOD
Banned

Ep 11 = Win

Alto called Sheryl...Ranka. Lol.

Is just me or does anyone else see Minmei in Sheryl even if Ranka's similar in build?

...and am I bugging or is it Sheryl who really has the dependent, needy personality and low self esteem and Ranka is actually the strong one? O,o
Old 2008-06-20, 09:06   Link #58
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Alto called Sheryl...Ranka. Lol.
When was that?

Quote:

...and am I bugging or is it Sheryl who really has the dependent, needy personality and low self esteem and Ranka is actually the strong one? O,o
Uh, no, I don't think so.

Check out the Romance thread for the character analysis posts written up by Justinstrife, they're pretty accurate in nailing the characters down.
Old 2008-06-20, 09:16   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
They better have an explanation why they allow Quamzin back (or is he back at all). After one sabotage attempt, and two invasions, I'd think its enough to friggin put him on a death sentence.
Quamzin: Hey! Max and Millia even that pervert Exsedol made a comeback in Macross TV series! So why can't I!

Though seriously if he is back he'll make a new rivalry with that greenhorn pilot with the red striped VF.

Whoever said lightning never strikes twice?

Though I'm disapointed it's an all male fleet.

Where are the giant fangirls! (Chlore's Meltrandi fleet)

Hey if Quamzin can do it why not Basara?

Imagine him passing on that VF-19 he "borrowed" from the Zolan Galaxy Police to Sheryl. (I say borrowed since we don't know if Rey or Project M did pay for it.)

But wouldn't it be funny if Quamzin is made some big threat then is immediately dispatched by Brera in a show of badassness.
Old 2008-06-20, 09:47   Link #60
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
You couldn't be more wrong, OD.
An active woman trying to know someone she's interested in by spending time with that person, having conversations etc is not a dependent woman

As for that claim about Sheryl fans at Random Curiosity, I just checked and the first shippy comment was posted by a Ranka fan, so blame him for the snowball effect (plus, bitching about it won't change anything)

Grace