AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-12, 21:35   Link #1
Kyashan

Ghost Sweeper Mikami

Wow I am so happy ,this is one of the funniest manga I've ever read .
The story is about Reiko Mikami a ghost hunter with incredible powers
and her assistants. I don't want to say more. You will see for yourself
why this was one of the top 3 back in 1994.

I've watched the movie but I was waiting for this serie for years.
Everyone watch this ,you won't regret it.

Thank you so much Ishin-Anime.
Kyashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 21:51   Link #2
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyashan
Wow I am so happy ,this is one of the funniest manga I've ever read .
The story is about Reiko Mikami a ghost hunter with incredible powers
and her assistants. I don't want to say more. You will see for yourself
why this was one of the top 3 back in 1994.

I've watched the movie but I was waiting for this serie for years.
Everyone watch this ,you won't regret it.

Thank you so much Ishin-Anime.
Ghost Sweeper Mikami is really a great series. Recommended. Kudos for Ishin Digital for doing it.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 21:58   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, for anyone who likes the anime, the manga is even better, I recommend everyone to read the manga. Especially since the anime doesn't contain the Lucciola arc, definitely the best part of the whole manga series IMHO. I hope sometime someone will be interested in making a series just for the Lucciola arc

BTW, isn't this series licensed or something? I clearly remember seeing this series on TV in English?

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-09-12 at 22:19.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 23:27   Link #4
Thelastguardian

No idea, but I am just as happy to (re)see the TV version.

I have the whole manga set of GS It's gold.
Old 2004-09-12, 23:58   Link #5
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Oh good, I was running out of anime to watch and the name did look interesting. I hope this will be another great anime.
Old 2004-09-13, 01:07   Link #6
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
BTW, isn't this series licensed or something? I clearly remember seeing this series on TV in English?

i think it is.
But i remember this anime way back in the 90s it was shown dub in english then in subs.
I recorded some of it and one of the best was the ending episode when all the gang went inside the movie and met the Shinsen Gumis.
SG Okita was there too and he was one crazy guy .

This anime is a classic.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 01:33   Link #7
tsunam

Tsunam of Ishin-Anime here.

First things first, I'd like to remind everyone that Ishin believes in a strict non licensed series policy. Thus, before we even began work on the series we talked to a few of the various parties involved, and got a general consensus of what the current licensing status was. The basic jist was: Ghost Sweeper Mikami the movie is licensed. The series, however, is not at the current time. Once upon a time it was, however the contract was dissolved due to undisclosed issues in production.

I'd like to reitereate that Ishin does not partake in subbing of Region One licensed series. I hope this eases the minds of people as well hope that you enjoy the series as we continue to release it at the pace we can maintain. Please be patient as a good majority of the staff is in college. Many of which are in the final few years. As always we are at #ishin-digital @ irc.bakanet.org. Please visit us and let those who don't visit the forums know that you enjoy the series.

~Tsunam

P.S. The english dub is in england also a region 2 area. The Movie is licensed by Manga, and has been since 2002 I believe. Been a while since the research was done. If its out of date please let us know.

Last edited by tsunam; 2004-09-13 at 02:18.
tsunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 09:56   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Ghost Sweeper Mikami has been licensed in my country since about six years.

I'm from México.

And it's still been broadcasted in Cable TV networks from México to the rest of Latin America.

Therefore, I will not download the subs for two important things:

1. I've already seen all of the Mikami episodes for the anime. There are a total of 46 episodes.

2. I really dislike the character of Mikami for the anime. She's total tyrannt, greedy, *$%$()". I sort of view her as an anti-heroine for this show. I don't really care much about her.

Of all loser boys in anime history, the character of Yokoshima Tadao has the worst luck of it all. Not only does he receives a devilish-as-hell, tormenting beating from every girl, specially from Mikami who gives him a dominatrix beating, but it also seems that the whole universe always plots against him, ending or been in the middle of a disastrous circumstance that jeopardizes his life.

A possible explanation. There's a sort of taboo for the loser boys in anime. To be at least likeable to certain extent by the female crew, the guy has to be from idiotic to pathetic but absolutely no hentai.
Unfortunately for Yokoshima, he's as hentai as lechery. Not to the stature of a Happosai, but his hormones always pay a hard influence on him.

What I would like is that if some Fansub group decides to work on Jigoku Sensei Nube (Teacher from Hell, Nube)
That anime definitely rocks!! And I think is still unlicensed in the United States.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 10:09   Link #9
dreamless

well, sure Mikami could be quite harsh... but there's Okinu-chan, who is the single sweetest girl in all manga IMO, the perfect Yamato Nadesico out there. Besides, Mikami IS super rich, intelligent, having enough firepower in her personal arsenal that can start WW3 and bring the entire human race to extinction while she can live on safely and comfortably in her private bunker. When you consider this, at least it's better to become her pet instead of her enemy

Not to mention there's also Lucciola, Shoryuki, the wolf, the fox... and various other hot (or cold ) female demons, gods and spirits out there... (Yokoshima Tadao indeed has some special attraction towards supernatural things I guess )
Old 2004-09-13, 12:13   Link #10
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
i think it is.
But i remember this anime way back in the 90s it was shown dub in english then in subs.
And where in the world did this happen ? This kind of information would be useful to prevent people from thinking it's a licensed show.
Old 2004-09-13, 12:18   Link #11
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
And it's still been broadcasted in Cable TV networks from México to the rest of Latin America.
Maybe to part of Latin America, but not to all of it.
Old 2004-09-13, 12:32   Link #12
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunam
TP.S. The english dub is in england also a region 2 area.
It seems only the last episode was released in England. At least the review of the british located at http://animezone.co.uk/reviews/04_re...st_sweeper.htm brings this complain:

"My biggest gripe with this feature is explained in the blurb, this is an ending to a long running series and you can tell that when watching the show. You have to quickly get acquainted with the characters because in effect they have already been established in a TV show that I doubt any UK fans have seen before".
Old 2004-09-13, 12:42   Link #13
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, sure Mikami could be quite harsh... but there's Okinu-chan, who is the single sweetest girl in all manga IMO, the perfect Yamato Nadesico out there. Besides, Mikami IS super rich, intelligent, having enough firepower in her personal arsenal that can start WW3 and bring the entire human race to extinction while she can live on safely and comfortably in her private bunker. When you consider this, at least it's better to become her pet instead of her enemy

Not to mention there's also Lucciola, Shoryuki, the wolf, the fox... and various other hot (or cold ) female demons, gods and spirits out there... (Yokoshima Tadao indeed has some special attraction towards supernatural things I guess )

Hm, nice to see someone else who's read the manga here. Spoilers from manga continue

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 13:35   Link #14
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Hm, nice to see someone else who's read the manga here. Spoilers from manga continue

Spoiler:
yup, the anime really didn't do the manga justice, basically it lacks the entire
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-13, 19:10   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I recently read an interesting review for Book 23 of the manga, which helped me realize a lot why Mikami's such a money-hungry, domineering, arrogant bitch.

Spoiler for For anyone who has not happened to read the manga, then do not read:

Since I haven't read the manga yet, I'm likely to be wrong with that review. In any case, correct me if I'm mistaken.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 21:45   Link #16
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I recently read an interesting review for Book 23 of the manga, which helped me realize a lot why Mikami's such a money-hungry, domineering, arrogant bitch.

Spoiler for For anyone who has not happened to read the manga, then do not read:

Since I haven't read the manga yet, I'm likely to be wrong with that review. In any case, correct me if I'm mistaken.
well, it's not that bad,
Spoiler:

Also despite Mikami being a greedy arrogant bitch, Tadao is really no better. He's just a dirty lecherous coward who has no merit at all... the fact that he's willing to be Mikami's slave, actually begging to be her slave just so he can have the chance to peek at her bathing makes him at least as bad a human being as Mikami, if not worse. I mean, his most common way of greeting a female is to grab her breasts or some similar things along that line
Old 2004-09-13, 21:52   Link #17
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Hey, Yokoshima is cool -_-

Spoiler:

Old 2004-09-13, 22:00   Link #18
dreamless

yup, I almost forgot the spirit desk girl. also don't forget that tomboyish wolf girl... I love that chapter where the wolf girl and fox girl wear cop uniform to do serial murder investigation (GS Mikami's fan-service chapter I guess ). but then Lucciola is the very reason that Yokoshima become a real MAN, that he actually surpassed Mikami in spiritual power at that time just for Lucciola's sake, soooo emotional...
Old 2004-09-13, 22:07   Link #19
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Yeah. And it's sad what happened in the end too -_-

Old 2004-09-13, 23:06   Link #20
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Hey, Yokoshima is cool -_-

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Yah he turns out almost decent at the end. Too bad they chopped off the ending in the manga.

Tags
comedy, ecchi