AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-16, 13:29   Link #61
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
um.... seems to be a sword, since Layfon insists that he'll not be using a Katana (reason? wait to be revealed in the anime!).
I guess it may have to do with his previous 'Disarming' that led to him being kicked out.

Kind of the classic "I try not to hurt people even if I'm way more bad-ass than you" style like in Kenshin and Trigun etc. A Shonen staple.
Old 2009-05-17, 11:47   Link #62
VooXoo

Layfon Wolfstein Alseif aka Layton aka Fon-Fon aka motherfucking fist of the north star to the 2nd power (note: Wolfstein seems to be his title from when he was a Heaven Blade).

HE walk into Mordor like a walk in the park.....by the age of ten.
He eject himself in the sky like Spider-Man.....without parachute, wings or ways to return on the ground without killing something.
Enter into the mouth of truck-size monsters with sword and motorbike.....and exit by their ass.
Entered the best fighter group in his city-state when he was a child.....and was still growing in strenght.
Refuse easy ways to gain power.....he have already all the power in the World.
Can do fall in love every girl he come across.....and building a harem without knowing himself.
Can change from lame-guy to rape-face or GODDAMNED BATMAN at will.
The city he his grown and later protected have exiliated him because he gained money in underground battle dirtying the heavens blade name.....but he have done it all for the ophans.
Refuse to use the weapon he is good for a rule in the dojo he have leaved miles apart in a city who hates him.....because he is a good student (or because he have cutted a arm off with said weapon).
Can fight for days with monsters when recovering from a wound at the back.....without resting, you must shot him for making he calm down (note: he gained said wound from a bridge collapsing on him when he saved a girl).
Is modest.
He fight monster in a wasted World with poisonus air without protection.....for the lulz.
He hide his past because the people can only judge him like bad.....but he have protected the reputation of the guy who have framed him and wanted steal his HB with cheap ways (ok that is only stupid).
Cook well.
Hard worker.
Naive (most of the time).

Only great flaw, when he doesn't have his guard up everything can hit him (his response time is slow out from battle).

This is Layfon for me (up to 19th ep.).
Old 2009-07-05, 20:21   Link #63
Rikkimaru

On the surface, Layfon appears as a incredibly strong fighter who was banished, and tries to start a new life away from everyone that knew him. He wants to make up for (run from?) his past actions by devoting himself to the protection of others at his own expense.

What I've found interesting is the growth he's gone through in the past few episodes (on 22 currently). Many of the characters are challenging him to recount his past experiences and value himself as a member instead of an outsider.

I'm still not sure I understand his motivations for becoming a Heaven's Blade originally or why he had to participate in underground matches, but hopefully more of his past will be uncovered!

I wonder what Layfon would have done if he hadn't been recruited into the military arts on Zuellni?

Ah, and he's either a complete blockhead romance-wise, or deliberately avoiding the conflict. Will be interesting to see if there's some backlash in later episodes...

-Rikkimaru
Old 2009-07-07, 21:15   Link #64
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkimaru View Post
What I've found interesting is the growth he's gone through in the past few episodes (on 22 currently). Many of the characters are challenging him to recount his past experiences and value himself as a member instead of an outsider.
good point! never did think of it that way.

Quote:
I'm still not sure I understand his motivations for becoming a Heaven's Blade originally or why he had to participate in underground matches, but hopefully more of his past will be uncovered!
Spoiler for from novel... maybe:

Quote:
I wonder what Layfon would have done if he hadn't been recruited into the military arts on Zuellni?

Ah, and he's either a complete blockhead romance-wise, or deliberately avoiding the conflict. Will be interesting to see if there's some backlash in later episodes...

-Rikkimaru
yeah, don't think he knows anything about romance at the moment. Probably not his main concern. Considering how he got banished from Grendan... and he's at the bottom of a pit emotional-wise, it's understandable why he wouldn't be interested in romance for now.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-07-08, 04:29   Link #65
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkimaru View Post
In a more pessimistic view, I would say "nothing".
Because Layfon never thought about anything else outside fighting to make money for the orphanage in his upbringing. Or more precisely, his economical status wouldn't allow him the time to think and do soemthign else, he is bussy fighting for money all the time, and has to help out in the orphanage in the time that is not.... put it an another way, he has no life.

The official manga best describe the position he is in, he has no hobby, he has no interests what so ever as he never have the time to develop one, and now he tries to do something else... he only end up fidning himself lack any sort fo direction. He has been trying out all the part time jobs he can find in Zeullni and he still didn't find what's best for him.

Really, he has to be more thankful of his fighting skills, at least he has a last restort to make aliving for himself.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:06   Link #66
~A~
Good Game.

Lets put it this way , Don't piss him off >
Old 2012-01-08, 08:11   Link #67
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I really like Layfon. He's just too unfortunate to be born in that crapsack world. The people in that world (ordinary people) are morons. They worship things like pride in martial arts, while ignoring the basic that martial arts there exist to protect their pitiful worthless lives in the first place. And we have Layfon's master, a moron who view money as trash, but he isn't a buddhist monk but a master of the dojo as well as an orphanage's caretaker, they need money to just stay alive and not starve. Layfon just tried his very best to help the financial problem, but the salary is just way too low, not enough to buy food for the children in orphanage, so he had to participate in the underground tournament for more money (which all other Heaven Blade's successors as well as most military artists in Grendan didn't give a damn) only to be looked down as a dirt by the people who probably never fight against filth monsters to protect their city before and had to leave like that.

Then he still had to face problems from people in his new city, like Nina and Gornero who keep talking about crap like the honor of martial arts while they have no power to fight against filth monsters to protect their city. I'm speechless at this kind of situation. No wonder humankind will always be bastards. No wonder why some veteran soldiers love war, slaughtering and pain and losing their humanity to conflict. It's impossible to live an honest life in that world if everyone has such bias view on him. They don't have the concept of putting themselves into someone else's shoes. The problem with Layfon's past never really get fixed in the whole anime, they just simply forget it, but Layfon will always blame himself and be negative about that forever.

I really hate Nina for almost everything she did to Layfon. The rich girl who escaped from their parents to seek adventure, comparing to a poor orphan who tried his best to support himself and his family...
Old 2012-01-12, 05:01   Link #68
godgiven25

A semi-protagonist who is hopeless in anything but fighting, cooking, and being chased by attractive girls
Closed Thread