AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 02:13   Link #1241
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^^
Believe me. I'm not really a big fan of the game of baseball (much less watching it), but out of all the sports, baseball is the one for me that stands out best for telling a fictional story.

Maybe it's something because of the way the game is structured... while it is a team sport, a 'moment snapshot' always pretty much boils down to pitcher vs batter, which it being much like a duel makes telling a fictional story a bit more intruiging than you would get with other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I swear I'm getting addicted to this series. I can watch the anime episodes and the manga chapters over and over, and over without ever getting bored. And I swear, this does means something for someone who had never, ever rewatched a whole series before like me.
I think I pretty much reread what is released of the manga at least 5 times already. Always looking for shippy clues... since this is Adachi we're talking about, must not leave even one subtlety unturned.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 03:35   Link #1242
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm supposed to be studying right now but noooooo I'm waiting for the subs to finish downloading so I can watch because I can't concentrate on my textbooks. Dammit.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 04:50   Link #1243
deuterion.axium
Veteran

Kou sure is spending a hell lot of time smirking from his direct catch from Mishima's hit. Cmon, there are people on base, get down to fielding already man...
deuterion.axium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 05:32   Link #1244
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Aoba's ecstatic justification of Kou's ability despite his flaws to elder Azuma? Aoba getting embarassed when he replies that "he's such a great guy"?

Moar pl0x.

From the angle of his catch it looks like Shimano just went and caught the ball from Azuma's hit with his dominant left hand rather than his glove out of anger and not because he actually thought it through. Anyway, it gives Mishima a chance at bat.

If this were like any other series, I would have probably said that the Kitamura-Mishima showdown with him catching his hit would have been the best scene of the episode, but no. Bar none, I think, the best scene in this episode is when Aoba insists that Kou will stop them. Now. I think, as the series has passed so far, no other statement Aoba has made has made it so clear how much she now grows to trust Kou and his abilities, despite how she normally acts. If anyone still has doubts on how much Aoba actually believes in Kou and his ability, I think this scene has erased those doubts.

And as a story virgin, I can tell that the next episode with this person who resembles "her", I think the story and the characters will be rocked to its core. Whatever it is, it's probably the next biggest event of the series.
Old 2009-10-12, 07:35   Link #1245
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Aoba's ecstatic justification of Kou's ability despite his flaws to elder Azuma? Aoba getting embarassed when he replies that "he's such a great guy"?

Moar pl0x.
the anime is just so awesome at removing all the subtlety that Adachi loves to use in his manga.
This part in the manga was not as good as it was in the anime.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 08:24   Link #1246
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
From the angle of his catch it looks like Shimano just went and caught the ball from Azuma's hit with his dominant left hand rather than his glove out of anger and not because he actually thought it through. Anyway, it gives Mishima a chance at bat.
Actually I think one of the most interesting things was that despite depicting Shimano as an egotistical jerk, he's actually quite good at baseball. After all, he's the only one to get on base (twice) in the first 8 innings. And that barehanded catch was actually quite impressive.

If anything he's a lesson about how baseball is a team sport. Imagine what the score would be if Shimano was batting 3rd and Mishima 4th.

PS: My comment on Azuma's brother realizing the most impressive thing about Kou was referring to the fact that Kou got Azuma to enjoy playing baseball again.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 08:59   Link #1247
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
the anime is just so awesome at removing all the subtlety that Adachi loves to use in his manga.
This part in the manga was not as good as it was in the anime.
So... is this a good thing or a bad thing for you?
Old 2009-10-12, 09:17   Link #1248
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Parachuting, here: I, for one, find it a VERY good thing, myself. In the sense that they are taking something that was already great and making it all the better, sometimes.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 09:58   Link #1249
golthin

Quote:
So... is this a good thing or a bad thing for you?
it is a good thing, because even though I'm reading the manga, I am not so fanatic to read it 3 or 4 times to find the hidden things, the anime just save me the work.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:16   Link #1250
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
And as a story virgin, I can tell that the next episode with this person who resembles "her", I think the story and the characters will be rocked to its core. Whatever it is, it's probably the next biggest event of the series.
I guess there will be a new character introduced in the next episode according to the preview and the plot will only get more interesting I guess this girl is the person in the new ED? and not Wakaba? Well I guess we'll find out in the next episode.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 15:28   Link #1251
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I guess there will be a new character introduced in the next episode according to the preview and the plot will only get more interesting I guess this girl is the person in the new ED? and not Wakaba? Well I guess we'll find out in the next episode.
We finally get to see Waka again next episode. The next episode is named "Who!?" Waka-chan in Yukata ^^
Old 2009-10-12, 15:29   Link #1252
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Sounds like a reminiscing episode after the baseball match. I guess sort off like when they won against Daimon's team for the second time.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 16:43   Link #1253
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

That was a really good episode. And I don't think we discussed it much so far because the OP/ED get more attention but the BGM in this series is excellent.

Quote:
Actually I think one of the most interesting things was that despite depicting Shimano as an egotistical jerk, he's actually quite good at baseball. After all, he's the only one to get on base (twice) in the first 8 innings. And that barehanded catch was actually quite impressive.
Shimano's catch is downplayed in the anime, which I thought was a little unfair to him and a poor decision from the staff. The barehanded catch is given more attention and praise in the manga. Not only does it outline how good Shimano is (which in turn outlines how great Kô and Mishima are), it also makes his injury more surprising and more amusing, in a schadenfreudian way.

All the other things which are added in the anime are really good contributions. They are doing a nice job with Nakanishi's girlfriend.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 19:26   Link #1254
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I love how the anime shows Aoba's enthusiasm! In the manga I could tell she was shown excited but in the anime she is completely absorbed into the game/Kou in a whole different level. I also like how Junpei and Aoba kinds makes a good team of commentators XD
Old 2009-10-15, 23:52   Link #1255
Proto

Well, I guess we are all waiting in expectation for the next episode, and all that needed to be said has been said, but while waiting, I'd recommend people to go and watch one of Adachi's (Cross game mangaka) first series, Touch. I'd say it it shares many of the positive characteristics Cross Game has, and if you watched you can boast to your friends that you have refined your tastes by watching old series. Ņac Ņac

Other than that, from the preview it seems that we should be seeing the conclusion to the baseball match next game. I love the baseball part as much as the next fan, but I need we should take a rest and return a little to what I think is Cross Game main's strength and I think they are the characterization episodes. But maybe that's just me.
Old 2009-10-16, 01:04   Link #1256
DeX-kun

Quote:
Other than that, from the preview it seems that we should be seeing the conclusion to the baseball match next game. I love the baseball part as much as the next fan, but I need we should take a rest and return a little to what I think is Cross Game main's strength and I think they are the characterization episodes. But maybe that's just me.
In my opinion, Cross Game is doing a wonderful job at balancing the baseball aspects with the progression of characters. Before the baseball part came back, there was a pretty long break from it and I was glad to see this anime get back into the action

One thing I'm a little confused about though. Is the next episode going to have some flashback moments or was that a new character being introduced? It seems like a new character because I remember Kou and Azuma walking home and Kou turning around only to be greeted with a girl that looks like Wakaba Can't wait, only 2 more days

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-16, 01:14   Link #1257
Proto

I don't remember the previews being that reliable in the past in the sense that they sometimes played around with the shots, but whatever.
Old 2009-10-16, 01:54   Link #1258
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
I need we should take a rest and return a little to what I think is Cross Game main's strength and I think they are the characterization episodes. But maybe that's just me.
Of course they are. Many have said that Cross Game is a sports anime more for the setting, than for the actual contents. Though it does manage to balance the two. In baseball match's episodes, there's still character development (Aoba cheering Kou), in character development's episodes, there's still baseball development (the characters improving their skills, or learning new things).

As for the next episode, DeX-kun, no use asking now what'll happen next. I guess wait and see is always for the best.
Old 2009-10-16, 02:05   Link #1259
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Of course they are. Many have said that Cross Game is a sports anime more for the setting, than for the actual contents. Though it does manage to balance the two. In baseball match's episodes, there's still character development (Aoba cheering Kou), in character development's episodes, there's still baseball development (the characters improving their skills, or learning new things).
Exactly, this is the very point that I believe as well. This anime does an amazing job at balancing and creates such a great atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
As for the next episode, DeX-kun, no use asking now what'll happen next. I guess wait and see is always for the best.
I wasn't asking what's going to happen next actually I wanted someone to speculate along with me

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-16, 02:12   Link #1260
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I wasn't asking what's going to happen next actually I wanted someone to speculate along with me
Aoba professes her eternal love for Kou.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports