AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-10, 01:26   Link #221
cellgoondude

So many normalfags with lives here.
So this was dropped right? Welp back to Mahouka then. Time to read about OPness.
Old 2015-03-10, 05:17   Link #222
Sixth
Hu Tao

Got the pictures of the dwaft loli, new princess, and othey girls from mc world? ???
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 11:00   Link #223
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^should be within the unreleased vol 4

the girl on the 3rd cover is an actual loli though, 13/14 years old, Liliana Zandaik
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 00:11   Link #224
Sixth
Hu Tao

Hmmmmmmmmm........
Old 2015-03-11, 00:35   Link #225
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

Hmmmmmmmmm........
After seeing the MC's face and physique in all the images along with the Hero, I compare them, appearance wise, like this.

Hero is the guy a girl would love to take on group dates with to make the other girls jealous.

MC is the boy toy women would take to large formal gatherings/parties to be able to boast about it.

Does anyone here agree with me
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 01:48   Link #226
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
After seeing the MC's face and physique in all the images along with the Hero, I compare them, appearance wise, like this.

Hero is the guy a girl would love to take on group dates with to make the other girls jealous.

MC is the boy toy women would take to large formal gatherings/parties to be able to boast about it.

Objection

Actually I feel something really wrong about the illustrations in this novel

Suimei actually looks better than Hero Reiji who instead looks like bland shounen hero, which is weird since Hero Reiji supposed to be really popular back in Japan while Suimei only average, eclipsed by handsome Hero Reiji.

While Liliana not loli enough, according to the description, she is supposed to be recognized as a youjo in a glance, while the illustrations depict her vaguely older.
Old 2015-03-11, 05:05   Link #227
Corvo269

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Objection

Actually I feel something really wrong about the illustrations in this novel

Suimei actually looks better than Hero Reiji who instead looks like bland shounen hero, which is weird since Hero Reiji supposed to be really popular back in Japan while Suimei only average, eclipsed by handsome Hero Reiji.

While Liliana not loli enough, according to the description, she is supposed to be recognized as a youjo in a glance, while the illustrations depict her vaguely older.
Well, you may be correct about the illustrations but let us just go with the illustrations and you have to admit, Suimei gives off a Sebastien vibe(from Black Butler). Reiji looks like a bland shounen hero... Isn't the bland shounen hero usually an attractive guy so I think Reiji's right on the mark
Old 2015-03-11, 05:24   Link #228
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Well, you may be correct about the illustrations but let us just go with the illustrations and you have to admit, Suimei gives off a Sebastien vibe(from Black Butler). Reiji looks like a bland shounen hero... Isn't the bland shounen hero usually an attractive guy so I think Reiji's right on the mark
well, Bland Shounen Hero is actually average looking and everything, but somehow attracts all heroines (not all females, just the heroines), while Hero Reiji is perfect in grades and sports while also super handsome, attract all females but the heroine, usually the archetype that is being beaten by the protagonist in a story despite all his shortcomings.

Well, the mysterious trait of Suimei's illustration is quite suitable with his character so let's go with that, and since his past is still largely a mystery, maybe he actually popular back there and got his share of harem as well, I know one of the new Summoned Hero is his acquaintance has feelings for him.
Old 2015-03-11, 06:25   Link #229
Corvo269

Quote:
well, Bland Shounen Hero is actually average looking and everything, but somehow attracts all heroines (not all females, just the heroines), while Hero Reiji is perfect in grades and sports while also super handsome, attract all females but the heroine, usually the archetype that is being beaten by the protagonist in a story despite all his shortcomings.

Well, the mysterious trait of Suimei's illustration is quite suitable with his character so let's go with that, and since his past is still largely a mystery, maybe he actually popular back there and got his share of harem as well, I know one of the new Summoned Hero is his acquaintance has feelings for him.
Though all my knowledge is from Prozess' translations and this thread, I get the feeling that Suimei has better grades than Reiji, and he probably hid his abilities when it comes to sports. Reiji's character design is attractive enough while still not getting into that super-attractive douchebag looking guy territory. Also can you spoil me on the details of the new summoned heroes and tell me whether the acquaintance or any of them know his secrets from his world.

One of the things that interested me in this novel is for once, the King is a nice guy, not forcing everyone to play hero and he's smart enough to know something is off when it is
Old 2015-03-11, 07:14   Link #230
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

I don't know but i have the feeling that serious MC can easily invite 4 girls to eat dinner with him in the same table, and then bring them to his room and come out fresh from his room tomorrow morning and none of the girls are going to object it or say "No".

As for Reiji outdid the MC, I think probably the MC cast some kind of spell that made him look unattractive in his world to prevent unnecessary attentions, so he can use his time on studying magic or science alone.
Old 2015-03-11, 07:34   Link #231
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Though all my knowledge is from Prozess' translations and this thread, I get the feeling that Suimei has better grades than Reiji, and he probably hid his abilities when it comes to sports. Reiji's character design is attractive enough while still not getting into that super-attractive douchebag looking guy territory. Also can you spoil me on the details of the new summoned heroes and tell me whether the acquaintance or any of them know his secrets from his world.

One of the things that interested me in this novel is for once, the King is a nice guy, not forcing everyone to play hero and he's smart enough to know something is off when it is
Hero Reiji acknowledges Suimei's intelligence and strength, that says a lot coming from a perfect dude, but Suimei never displayed that to anyone else, maybe he didn't take school seriously at all, and even Hero Reiji found out about his strength only after they beat up a gang of delinquents together.

Then he found out that Suimei is a member of an ancient sword style dojo.

Spoiler:

Quote:
I don't know but i have the feeling that serious MC can easily invite 4 girls to eat dinner with him in the same table, and then bring them to his room and come out fresh from his room tomorrow morning and none of the girls are going to object it or say "No".

As for Reiji outdid the MC, I think probably the MC cast some kind of spell that made him look unattractive in his world to prevent unnecessary attentions, so he can use his time on studying magic or science alone.
so obscene!
Old 2015-03-11, 08:18   Link #232
Corvo269

Quote:

Also, along with that, Noblewomen would ask for him to give some magical "enchantment" after seeing his skills.

Yeah about MC casting magic on himself to look unattractive, he doesn't need to do that. He probably faded into the background since he blended in with the most attractive guy in the class(Reiji) and one of the most attractive girl(forgot her name). Sometimes, that's all it takes
Quote:
Hero Reiji acknowledges Suimei's intelligence and strength, that says a lot coming from a perfect dude, but Suimei never displayed that to anyone else, maybe he didn't take school seriously at all, and even Hero Reiji found out about his strength only after they beat up a gang of delinquents together.

Then he found out that Suimei is a member of an ancient sword style dojo.

Spoiler:
So, the girl doesn't know Suimei's true magic abilities but only aware of his swordsmanship. While the WN is being ambiguous, the LN is taking the Harem Route isn't it. Well, it seems to be at the level of the girls forming a crush on him and that's okay with me actually cause it makes sense
Old 2015-03-11, 08:47   Link #233
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
and one of the most attractive girl(forgot her name). Sometimes, that's all it takes
Who? Mizuki? She looks plain as hell....unless in their verse, she was referred as the most beautiful by the author himself.
Old 2015-03-11, 08:59   Link #234
Corvo269

Quote:
Yeah about MC casting magic on himself to look unattractive, he doesn't need to do that. He probably faded into the background since he blended in with the most attractive guy in the class(Reiji) and one of the most attractive girl(forgot her name). Sometimes, that's all it takes
Quote:
Who? Mizuki? She looks plain as hell....unless in their verse, she was referred as the most beautiful by the author himself.
Well, from the artwork you've shown earlier the black haired girl(Mizuki?) looks as attractive as the princess so she's probably one of the most beautiful girls in her school(due to the childhood friend of Hero trope) so Suimei hung around them with one of the reasons being using them as camouflage to hide his attractiveness. Its less of a hassle than magic, and psychologically more effective.

Actually, about that girl, she didn't get the hero boost like Reiji who already had some pretty good physical stats or son of OP mage like Suimei so is she of any use in a fight
Old 2015-03-11, 10:01   Link #235
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Red face

Quote:
Well, from the artwork you've shown earlier the black haired girl(Mizuki?) looks as attractive as the princess so she's probably one of the most beautiful girls in her school(due to the childhood friend of Hero trope) so Suimei hung around them with one of the reasons being using them as camouflage to hide his attractiveness. Its less of a hassle than magic, and psychologically more effective.

Actually, about that girl, she didn't get the hero boost like Reiji who already had some pretty good physical stats or son of OP mage like Suimei so is she of any use in a fight
She actually received the blessing that allows her to use elemental magic, her talent is among top level of the kingdom they said. But even so she is still super useless coz she is fainthearted and inexperienced in battle. Even worse than Serina of Sayonara Ryuusei, thank god she's not the main heroine or even the harem of Suimei.
Old 2015-03-11, 10:54   Link #236
ndiezel

Quote:
Even worse than Serina of Sayonara Ryuusei,
Stop it!
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 11:21   Link #237
Corvo269

Quote:
She actually received the blessing that allows her to use elemental magic, her talent is among top level of the kingdom they said. But even so she is still super useless coz she is fainthearted and inexperienced in battle. Even worse than Serina of Sayonara Ryuusei, thank god she's not the main heroine or even the harem of Suimei.
How much do you hate that Lamia man. Answer me this, do you hate a bright innocent character like Serina or do you just hate Lamias in general? Since that's off-topic for this thread I'll leave you alone there.

So the summoning magic gave Reiji Hero Boost, Mizuki elemental magic ability and gave Suimei absolutely nothing. If the summoning magic had some AI on it rather than giving abilities at random, it must have looked at Suimei's abilities and went like, NOPE, you too OP anyways since he had a limiter on him and kicked everyone asses on one on one. The only time he took it off was when he had to obliterate a demon army and its general right?
Old 2015-03-11, 12:01   Link #238
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
Stop it!
Ahahaha! Hai there ndiezel~

Quote:
How much do you hate that Lamia man. Answer me this, do you hate a bright innocent character like Serina or do you just hate Lamias in general? Since that's off-topic for this thread I'll leave you alone there.

So the summoning magic gave Reiji Hero Boost, Mizuki elemental magic ability and gave Suimei absolutely nothing. If the summoning magic had some AI on it rather than giving abilities at random, it must have looked at Suimei's abilities and went like, NOPE, you too OP anyways since he had a limiter on him and kicked everyone asses on one on one. The only time he took it off was when he had to obliterate a demon army and its general right?
Nope, in fact I like lamia like in the manga monster musume no iru nichijou, and I like clingy girls in most harem animanga. Just that I find this particular clingy lamia in a particular WN as unlikable, not specifically the person herself, just the distraction caused by her existence upon that great WN. Imagine, a Dragon of Origin which basically God among Gods, must bother himself with this creature for no goddamn reason to the point of impending his daily lifestyle. oh well, OOT.

Back to the topic, during the summoning other than the blessing, a linguistic magic also being applied to the 3 of them, which is why they can speak that world's language. Suimei also being affected with this magic and learned the language. But then why was only Suimei that didn't get blessing/divine protection?

My assumption is that since the blessing works like a contract, it won't work if it's being initiated one-sidedly by one with the lower position. So that means Suimei is a higher existence to the Goddess herself, wew, or something like that, haha.
Old 2015-03-11, 12:10   Link #239
Sixth
Hu Tao

Speaking of Felmenia in the cover...is it just me or she opened her mouth a lot in those illustrators?

Also, the MC got the shortest stick among his friends.

No power-up despite the summoning brought him over. At least give him a magic item or weapon. Good thing he is OP on his own.
Old 2015-03-11, 13:35   Link #240
Corvo269

Quote:
Speaking of Felmenia in the cover...is it just me or she opened her mouth a lot in those illustrators?

Also, the MC got the shortest stick among his friends.

No power-up despite the summoning brought him over. At least give him a magic item or weapon. Good thing he is OP on his own.
He got the short stick there but lets look at it this way.
Mega OP as fuck father? Check
Access to most of his father's notes? Check
Enough Mana that taking off his limiter causes his body to strain itself? Check
Pretty sure the summoning magic felt like an idiot trying to power him up so it just didn't try and gave him the complementary linguistic magic, which, seeing how he reacted to it, would've been able to do it on his own

Continuing about his effect on the ladies. I hope the LN has a chapter where he has to gather information from the noblewomen and instead of the usual "The world's fate depends on it" BS a shounen hero would say. He Uses his magic to emit pheromones and uses his Suave mode to get her to go with him. While he's satisfying the ladies, he uses his magic to fill the room with Truth serum and afterwards, asks the ladies for all the answers he needs. Due to the actions done beforehand, most of the women can't capture/accuse him due to the image they have to maintain or cause of their Husbands/Fiances.(we're talking about nobility here, they usually have one or the other)

Tags
alternate world, harem, harem (not mc), romance (not mc), webnovel