AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 20:07   Link #161
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Good series, its not looking good for a happy ending though unless progress is made soon on something to restore/maintain the body indefinately

Like Rosario, wish this was coming out quicker, I usually hate zombie stuff but am a real romcom sap, so hopefully this wont go too far.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 05:36   Link #162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for chapter 12:
Old 2010-12-23, 09:27   Link #163
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It would seem that this family has some history with zombies. This could get interesting.
Old 2010-12-25, 13:27   Link #164
Nemuru

I read this series on a whim at one stage but now it occupies a huge priority on my 'to read list'.

my thoughts:

The starting premise of this series is what got me to attempt reading it. It is one of the few romance series I've read that is both daring and interesting, where the heroine wishes for death to gain salvation, hence my strong attachment to this series.

It would be interesting whether the author (mangaka) would explore the consequence and action taken by each characters since I've felt Rea never understood what it would be to live a different life which isn't human something like homunculus in full metal alchemist. Since Rea doesn't feed on human flesh ( ) the mood is lighter. As the series progresses something akin to Shiki would be interesting to write about.

Rea's character development to me is the charm the series has instill. while the gag has lighten the mood although as the series progress it is likely to foreshadow a more serious tension. The gag and serious tone of the series are well blended to create a lighter feel to the series however I believe Sankarea's strong point is its interesting premise.

This is probably one of the few manga that I believed should be on a weekly release and also I'm rather impress with Hattori Mitsuru work in this series. Sadly his other work hasn't gotten me this interested and of course a different design to his Umisho (Amuro) and otogi no machi (Rena) design is a fresh change.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2010-12-25 at 13:42.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 18:12   Link #165
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
It would be interesting whether the author (mangaka) would explore the consequence and action taken by each characters since I've felt Rea never understood what it would be to live a different life which isn't human something like homunculus in full metal alchemist. Since Rea doesn't feed on human flesh ( ) the mood is lighter. As the series progresses something akin to Shiki would be interesting to write about.
It's very hard to tell where this manga will go, but I doubt it'll ever become as dark as Shiki. After the way the whole situation with Rea's father was resolved, I'm not expecting anything very serious. I think it'll remain a light-hearted manga about a moe zombie with a little bit of drama from time to time.

New chapter is out!

Spoiler for chapter 13:
Old 2010-12-25, 19:09   Link #166
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Darin needs to join the harem NOW. She's sharing a room with the wrong person.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 23:08   Link #167
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Aaawwwesome!! Darin's age surprised me too, but what's troubling is the limited time Rea has. However, Darin does not know that Rea was once human, so the time frames are probably off a little.

Chihiro needs to man up though. But I can understand how hard it must be to ask a girl with such magnitude of cuteness as Rea.
Old 2010-12-26, 06:24   Link #168
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
One funny thing: The scariest face in this manga doesn't belong to a zombie... but to his grandfather.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 10:55   Link #169
Xagzan

Mr. Owl, how many tugs does it take to get the towel off a cute naked zombie girl?

Let's find out. One...

One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Darin needs to join the harem NOW. She's sharing a room with the wrong person.
You know that's right. The festival would actually be a good chance. Rea's not a lesbian most likely, I assume Furuya could still ask her. Then he'd be going with the two of them. Wonder what he'll think when he finds out Darin's age.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2010-12-26 at 15:57.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:55   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

From the mangaka's blog:

That's right, they made a Rea oppai mousepad. Didn't see that one coming. I guess this means this manga is getting popular?
Old 2011-01-09, 13:17   Link #171
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow... every time I see one of those I am amazed at how they thought of it and even more so that it's popular.
Old 2011-01-27, 20:16   Link #172
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 14 is out...
Spoiler for Chapter 14:
Old 2011-01-27, 22:21   Link #173
ZODDGUTS

Yeah Rea's mind is starting too lose it. Also wonder if that woman in the past was Furuya's mom. Could be someone else though.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 01:40   Link #174
AdventSleeper

Ew. Rea is gonna turn into a creeper. Never has the thought of.. "eating" appeared to be romantic to me.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 05:38   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^ Depends on what you wish to "eat"
Old 2011-02-04, 07:39   Link #176
lordshadowisle

The first half of the chapter was really interesting, it raises expectations for future chapters. Rea's showing signs of going off her rocker, but somehow it feels hot(?). We'll probably be able to know what happens soon, since the early signs would be seen in the zombified pet.
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:36   Link #177
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Interesting.
It's already been speculated here and elsewhere there wouldn't be a happy ending to this manga despite the promising beginning.

Will definately be interesting to see where we go from here; although one thing is certain, there's only so much time left for Furuya to stall the degeneration, or work out how to restore the body.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 00:08   Link #178
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Exclamation

The phrase from "Where the Wild Things Are" comes to mind... "...please don't go. We'll eat you up, we love you so!"

Spoiler for Cannibalism ahead::
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 16:40   Link #179
Exether

If the author wishes to continue the manga, in a lighthearthed manner, then he will certainly need a way to preserve Rea's body and mind.

The mangaka has actually specified in the story that it's a matter of days before Rea stars decomposing. He has basically two ways of acting:

1. Chihiro or someone else finds a way to prevent the decay process or the process is miraculously halted.

2. They don't find a way to prevent the process and the manga ends or takes a turn to the horror genre: Rea loses her mind and Chihiro starts a strugle for survival.
Old 2011-02-07, 16:46   Link #180
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
If the author wishes to continue the manga, in a lighthearthed manner, then he will certainly need a way to preserve Rea's body and mind.

The mangaka has actually specified in the story that it's a matter of days before Rea stars decomposing. He has basically two ways of acting:

1. Chihiro or someone else finds a way to prevent the decay process or the process is miraculously halted.

2. They don't find a way to prevent the process and the manga ends or takes a turn to the horror genre: Rea loses her mind and Chihiro starts a strugle for survival.
or we can have both, where Chihiro fend for his survival while finding a cure or offers himself as food while getting something in return lol before dieing ^^,
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen, supernatural, zombie