AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Mech Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lancelot 112 33.04%
Gawain 210 61.95%
Burai 22 6.49%
Glasgow 11 3.24%
Sutherland 14 4.13%
Gloucester 16 4.72%
Gekka 22 6.49%
Guren Nishiki 142 41.89%
Ganymede 8 2.36%
Nightpolice 11 3.24%
Area 18/Serbian Cannon Mech 1 0.29%
Boatman 3 0.88%
Raiko 4 1.18%
Gan ruu 5 1.47%
Avalon 40 11.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-11, 09:17   Link #41
Juvyniled

Giving a flight pack or even the ability to 'fly' would make it an easier target. Guren excels on the ground, even if it's not as fast as the Lancelot.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 11:49   Link #42
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Giving a flight pack or even the ability to 'fly' would make it an easier target. Guren excels on the ground, even if it's not as fast as the Lancelot.
Yeah, and flying would probably make it harder to trap opponents. I can't imagine it grabbing an enemy in mid-air and finishing it with the wave It's just better when its claw pins enemies to the ground as its trap.

Still, Laksharta could've improved it as she repairs it. I can never predict what kinds of stuff that woman can pull off XD;
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 15:49   Link #43
GhOsTeDgE

She'll make it so that it can shoot the wave at ranged opponents. GO Z'Gok Nishiki... err I mean Guren Nishiki. Guren definitely has the best assets, definitely the best assets.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 16:04   Link #44
Juvyniled

Even then, what Kallen is doing with Guren is essentially using the same move, over, and over, and over. Little to no variation. Giving it a wave of radiation just makes it even less appealing since all that would be necessary would be to sit and fire away.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 21:42   Link #45
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

The radiation wave isn't the only thing that arm can do you know - it can do other stuff - except it's not revealed yet (I think - *hasn't watched 20-23 fully yet*). Hopefully Laksharta does some more work on that arm and show us what that silver thing can really do. =D

I really remember someone mentioning that Guren had a cannonball-like thing on its arm when it was first introduced...=S

Anyways, Gawain and Guren are now tied. ^^ And they both start with 'g'...Hmm~
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 05:16   Link #46
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Everything that arm can do has already been revealed. Grab, extend and radiation wave with super fast realoading time(or no reloading at all). Adding range radiation attack would dumb and if it could be done it'd already be there.

Besdies it's Brittania's turn to show some new fancy KFs and other toys

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 00:40   Link #47
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
The guren pretty much does one thing: deal an instant, fatal blow to a single KF, and it does it quite well. So far, Zero has used this to his advantage, employing the Guren to take on the Lancelot and other high-risk, high-value targets. Employing it against a group of Sutherlands would probably be one of the worst situations you could put it in (that does happen, mind you, but in situations like that, the Guren's abilities do not really shine...it simply becomes an overkill machine that does the same thing, over and over.) If Britania comes up with any shiny new KFs, the guren is the KF to take them on.
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:56   Link #48
Susanou
.Enforcer

I voted for the Avalon, second comes the Gawain
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 05:06   Link #49
kira11111

Gawain and Guren.

I like the way Gawain is designed. Not going to be used for close quarters combat. It has a large amount of scanning equip so its perfect as a command unit and also comes with mid-long range weapons.

Guren well it's agile and excels at close combat. It lacks ranged weapons but makes up for it with speed and power.
kira11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 07:17   Link #50
Nazaroth

The gawian... just for those sweet cannons that could decimate an entire air squadron...

The Lancelot... because its so devestating.
Nazaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 13:48   Link #51
Zishi

Guren Nishiki, hell just Karen riding in it makes me like it more than Gawain and Lancelot. Well I hate the Lancelot since Suzaku is riding it... I always hated Suzaku and always will.
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 04:27   Link #52
hipeach

GAWAIN for the win. Simply because it's piloted by CC. I don't count Lelouch as its pilot, he didn't do anything with it except running away flying. Later it's CC who piloted GAWAIN to fight the enemies, Lelouch just sit there and deliver some speech.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 16:25   Link #53
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
The guren pretty much does one thing: deal an instant, fatal blow to a single KF, and it does it quite well. So far, Zero has used this to his advantage, employing the Guren to take on the Lancelot and other high-risk, high-value targets. Employing it against a group of Sutherlands would probably be one of the worst situations you could put it in (that does happen, mind you, but in situations like that, the Guren's abilities do not really shine...it simply becomes an overkill machine that does the same thing, over and over.) If Britania comes up with any shiny new KFs, the guren is the KF to take them on.
On the contrary, Guren can match the speed of the Lancelot -- even Suzaku recognizes and notices this. It may seem to be a 1-on-1 machine because, well, it can only obliterate a unit at a time with its arm [as opposed to the Lancelot having 4 very speedy, versatile and strong Slash Harkens; VARIS; and those 2 red swords], but at least it could evade a group of KFs with its speed, warranting the Guren enough time for it to survive until back-up arrives.

And one of the unseen advantages of the Guren is that it is piloted by Karen, a very loyal and trusted comrade of Zero. Remember in ep 17, when Lelouch was too appalled to give the orders to finally defeat Lancelot? She only waits for Zero's command; she never recklessly heads into a battle without Zero's word. For sure, Zero/Lelouch, as a leader, wouldn't leave an important unit at a disadvantage, hence choosing Karen, whom Zero trusts not to fail, as the Guren's pilot.

Maybe we should add Orange-kun to this poll? Schneizel really does come up with all the craziest experimental subjects. First Lancelot, then the Avalon and Gawain, and now a half-cyborg human in the form of Orange-kun. What's next?
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 17:44   Link #54
Lelouch Lamperouge

gawain is the best
Lelouch Lamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 03:33   Link #55
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch Lamperouge View Post
gawain is the best
I guess one can tell from your username.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 20:10   Link #56
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-san View Post
On the contrary, Guren can match the speed of the Lancelot -- even Suzaku recognizes and notices this. It may seem to be a 1-on-1 machine because, well, it can only obliterate a unit at a time with its arm [as opposed to the Lancelot having 4 very speedy, versatile and strong Slash Harkens; VARIS; and those 2 red swords], but at least it could evade a group of KFs with its speed, warranting the Guren enough time for it to survive until back-up arrives.
I awknowledge that the Guren has speed. My main point was at why the guren seems a bit boring, as in pretty much using only 1 attack. Without its speed, the Guren would be pretty much useless, because its main attack is close range, and, without its speed, it couldn't evade attacks. Its ability to run is certainly important, though.
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 20:35   Link #57
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
what was the name of the female mech from mazinger Z that could launch his breasts as missiles....
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 03:29   Link #58
Lordshin
(´・ω・`)/ 

Guren Nishiki of course
Not only because Kallen(or is it Karen, different websites tell me different things ><) pilots it but because of that radiation-arm thing :P
A single death-blow+Agility makes the Guren a destructive mech
Lordshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 05:18   Link #59
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
Todo's mech is a customized Raiko.
No, Raiko is that linear cannon mecha. Todoh's is the customized Gecka.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 05:27   Link #60
omegastar

Gawain.

A really great design & paintjob (gold + black for the win), great firepower, and a VERY menacing shape. Heck, if that thing was designed for melee, it would literally send other KF flying

Plus, with those finger-like slash harken, it just made it even more awesome.
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote