AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-12-15, 21:59   Link #221
blewin

sorry, Sackett, my memory is pretty sketchy..
still, Nina isn't an unreasonable Captain. She'd cater for Felli's feelings in certain things... Feelings between girls are much more delicate.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 11:27   Link #222
p_mathew25

Thanks for the 2 quick chapters!!
p_mathew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 02:16   Link #223
blewin

no pro. Planning to get the last 2 chapters of Vol 5 out by the New Year. So keep your eye out.

Merry Christmas!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-12-24, 02:38   Link #224
Dark Mage

Boy was Nina jealous when she saw Felli taking care of Layfon's cut, out of all the girls, Nina is the only girl who refuses to acknowledge her feelings for Layfon. Leerin,Mei-Shen and Felli have all pretty much realised that they have feelings for Layfon, only Nina keeps saying that he is just a subordinate and nothing more. LoL
Old 2009-12-24, 04:36   Link #225
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Those chapters are a nice Christmas gift Thanks blewin.

It's not surprising but yeah, the characterization is so much better in the novel. And I can't help notice the anime cut Layfon mentioning Leerin once again >_>
Funny how the queen force-chocked Kanaris à la Darth Vader in the novel.
Oh and the food shortage issue truly helps understand Layfon and how he acted in the past. It makes the Regios world slightly more realistic too.
Old 2009-12-24, 09:17   Link #226
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Boy was Nina jealous when she saw Felli taking care of Layfon's cut, out of all the girls, Nina is the only girl who refuses to acknowledge her feelings for Layfon. Leerin,Mei-Shen and Felli have all pretty much realised that they have feelings for Layfon, only Nina keeps saying that he is just a subordinate and nothing more. LoL
Actually, I'm not sure if it was jealousy as much as "damn, he got hurt because of me, again".
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 11:14   Link #227
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Actually, I'm not sure if it was jealousy as much as "damn, he got hurt because of me, again".
No its more likey that she was jealous because it was Nina herself who entrusted Layfon with distracting Haia while she came up with a plan to release Dinn. So she already had her own part to play in the battle, Nina only gets pissed off and thinks he got hurt because of me if Layfon does somethng alone which he can get it done with someone else but Nina doesnt mind Layfon working hard and putting his life on the line if its all part of a strategy and a plan like how she entrusted Layfon to take care of most of Team 10, or like in this case she even stopped Naruki from interfering with Layfon as she trusted and believed in Layfon's abilities. So it had to be jealousy, especially "looking at that scene (not at Layfon), a wave of pain rose in her heart" if it was "damn he got hurt because of me" it would be something like " a wave of anger and helplessness rose up in her as she looked at Layfon " instead of pain. I think its obvious that she was feeling down coz she can't express herself like Felli

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-24 at 19:30.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 17:28   Link #228
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Nice Christmas treat! Thanks Blewin! Thanks Haze! Oh and also Lygophile!
Spoiler for vol 5 ch 1-3:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 12:51   Link #229
MasterLuke
Easlay of the North

Send a message via MSN to MasterLuke
How many volumes of novels does regios (the anime) correspond to?

actually the 1st novel is composed by 14 volumes

thx 4 answer
MasterLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 03:40   Link #230
blewin

uhh, I really don't know where to put this to alert people.

Anyway, if you plan to read "Impact of Childhood 01" that Haze has just put up, just be aware that the story takes place after Vol 7 and contains a spoiler involving Leerin and the next intercity match...

@Eurys: I know... I hope they show more of Leerin in the second season to make up for butchering her character in S1. >.<

@willyvereb: "a walking terminator" - I like it. Very apt indeed.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-12-28, 07:36   Link #231
MasterLuke
Easlay of the North

Send a message via MSN to MasterLuke
so + or - the anime corresponds to an half of 1st light novel,right?

Is the 1st light novel still ongoing?
MasterLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 13:41   Link #232
giorno

what do you mean by first light novel?

anyways, the anime loosely followed the events in the first 6 light novels with a few short stories(from later volumes) added in mainly for fan service, then went its own separate way while keeping very little bits of volume 7, as they went for an anime original ending, and completely messed up and pretty much butchered the story and most of the characters....

they did butcher leerin's and savaris's characters from pretty much their introduction and did a horrible job on nina's, haia's and most of the other characters...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 18:42   Link #233
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah. Haia is anything but fearsome in the anime...not as if serious is fitting for him there.
Leerin too, Nina too. Savaris maybe, but I think he just had fewer screentime(perhaps his OOC attitude in the end is a different story). Layfon also.
Actually I think anyone other than Felli was butchered there. Maybe Dick is an exception too.
I just can't understand why they must force the "loli-tsundere" in the show while the interactions were much more imporant and awesome in the story.
We can't imagine the fan-squee seeing the recent Nina/Layfon scene in the hospital or some of the felli scenes.
Also I would like to see the original Dragon-FM vs Layfon battle where it was much more obvious why he had to struggle.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 10:25   Link #234
p_mathew25

Thanks for the finish of Volume 5!! Can't wait for the next release
p_mathew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 04:03   Link #235
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

so what is stopping hai from being a heaven's blade is the fact that he doesn't have a monstrous kei so what is comes down to is the fact that a heaven's blade can't be created but must be born to be one. No wonder it's so hard for the queen to gather all 12 heaven's blader
Old 2010-01-03, 18:51   Link #236
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
so what is stopping hai from being a heaven's blade is the fact that he doesn't have a monstrous kei so what is comes down to is the fact that a heaven's blade can't be created but must be born to be one. No wonder it's so hard for the queen to gather all 12 heaven's blader
absolutely.

I've no doubt that Layfon IS the 12th Heaven's Blade...

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-01-03, 20:50   Link #237
giorno

well, there's also the fact that he's never been in grendan...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 22:19   Link #238
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
well, there's also the fact that he's never been in grendan...
Haia cant be a Heavens Blade successor because you have to be born a heavens blade successor you cant be created or honed into one
Old 2010-01-04, 02:54   Link #239
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Haia cant be a Heavens Blade successor because you have to be born a heavens blade successor you cant be created or honed into one
Or more correct version - you must be born AND honed in one. Nobody born one, but some born with ability to become one.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 05:43   Link #240
ATLAS

Thanks blewin and co (?) for translating the light novels i appreciate it.
ATLAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen