AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-15, 00:07   Link #2641
rickiminato

so kuroyukihime is the nice of kirito/asuna ?
it s true that or not
Old 2014-02-15, 00:48   Link #2642
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
it s true that or not
Nothing is confirmed. The way the author put makes me think she is close to them but not their daughter at the least but this isn't confirmed.

My thoughts are that they aren't her parents but maybe act like it in place of her parents (hence why he only said biologically) who are never around and all but abandoned her. Chances are that Graphite Edge is the one related to them. Possibly even their son.
Old 2014-02-15, 03:52   Link #2643
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Eh, that post above went from speculation to full-blown fanfiction. I mean, a corpse? Wut?
At least we got another statement from Kawahara about KYH's supposed 'relation' with Kirito/Asuna.
Strictly speaking this possibility has been around ever since Alicization was completed. It's never been expanded upon by the author of course, but that the Soul Translator is capable of reading, writing, and editing souls means that it can overwrite one soul with another.

Which led to this troll of mine: http://pastebin.com/Xx9SYHb1

More seriously though, I think that the above bit about Alicization therefore makes it unlikely. If someone has ever asked that question before while Neuro Linkers entered the market, then hopefully there are laws regarding the ethicity of this...soul-swapping.

Emphasis on hopefully. Kawahara is not known as one who follows his own rules.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 07:14   Link #2644
Mixed Milkshake
正体不明 - Code: Unknown

Spoiler for Roughly the first 10% of Vol 16:

More spoilers tomorrow

Last edited by Mixed Milkshake; 2014-02-15 at 20:58. Reason: forgot something
Mixed Milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 07:27   Link #2645
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Nice. Take your time, man.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:21   Link #2646
Mixed Milkshake

Spoiler for Roughly the next 60%:

Last edited by Mixed Milkshake; 2014-02-16 at 00:45. Reason: add something
Old 2014-02-16, 00:29   Link #2647
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I would get banned for the amount of rage I unleashed in a Chatbox elsewhere if I posted it here.

I'll write the rest of my comments later.
Old 2014-02-16, 06:07   Link #2648
Mixed Milkshake

Spoiler for The last 30% of Vol 16:

Spoiler for Hints and Speculations throughout this Vol:

Last edited by Mixed Milkshake; 2014-02-21 at 04:41. Reason: add something
Old 2014-02-16, 06:10   Link #2649
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Otsukare-sama!
Old 2014-02-16, 14:22   Link #2650
tuckersister

Chiyu really bombed MkII.

Also, the mysterious voice may be the creator.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 18:09   Link #2651
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
it s true that or not
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nothing is confirmed. The way the author put makes me think she is close to them but not their daughter at the least but this isn't confirmed.

My thoughts are that they aren't her parents but maybe act like it in place of her parents (hence why he only said biologically) who are never around and all but abandoned her. Chances are that Graphite Edge is the one related to them. Possibly even their son.
Not officially confirmed that she is not their daughter, but we have some interview with author.

From interview with Reki Kawahara:
Quote:
Q06: Is Kuroyukihime Kirito’s daughter?

KAWAHARA: There seems to be some conjecture that such a thing could be possible. However, it’s already said that Kuroyukihime’s family was not a happy one. If she was Asuna and Kirito’s daughter, in the twenty years between the time settings, they had a really bad falling out in their relationship. I hope she is not the daughter of Kirito and Asuna.
And another one:
Quote:
There is legitimate speculation and credible evidence that shows there's some kind of connection between the Accel World light novel, and Sword Art Online. For example, in the 9th volume of the SAO light novel, Kirito talks about going to American to study and research a new type of Dive technology, which is brain-implanted chips. Additionally, in episode 22 of the SAO anime, the end card shows Kirito holding a sword which very closely resemble's Silver Crow's armor, while Suguha is holding Black Lotus' sword. Whether or not there is an actual connection between SAO and Accel World is still unproven, but were these similarities intentional? Or did you implement them to create a sense of the same theme in both of these shows?

First I'll start with explaining the picture in episode 22. The picture in the end of episode 22 came from the fact that it was done by the mechanical designer of Accel World, Yosuke Kawashima. He, in his connection to the other show, kinda was being playful and did that illustration.

So at this point, the two shows are separate. As an author, I consider those two titles separate. But there might be some similarities and points that connect between the two shows. Now, that's not to say, should some issues be resolved with both storylines, possibly, there will be a third series that has ties to both titles. But I can't say for sure at this point.
Quote:
When you were creating the Alicization arc, setting up the foundation where time is 1000N willpower is the key to everything, was that foundation also carried over, I know you said there's no direct connection between Accel World and SAO, but was that foundation also used as the foundation for what happens in Accel World?

It is true that the technology used in Alicization could be or is the foundation of the technology being used in Accel World. But at this point, like I said, it might be similar technologies having a technological chain, but it hasn't been made clear that it is in fact the same world. The two worlds could just have a similar technological advance. As I noted before, if I were to clearly state that the two worlds are the same, then the number of things that need to be resolved in order for such a thing to be clearly possible, would be many tens of times greater than I could ever hope to do right now.

So seeing a movie like the Avengers, where it took a bunch of properties into one cohesive title, I have to say the creative staff on that movie is quite amazing.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 19:42   Link #2652
Flere821
Lurker

I've just read the spoilers in Chinese version now, more comments from me after translators get a bit further. (they've just finished Magenta Scissor's part)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 04:39   Link #2653
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Thank you all guys for the information!
Old 2014-02-17, 15:30   Link #2654
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Not officially confirmed that she is not their daughter, but we have some interview with author.
The "Not biological daughter" statement come from his latest interview(?) in Taiwan. See http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki..._info_on_TCA14
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 09:33   Link #2655
natchu96

*lurked enough to figure that he needs an actual account to say things with*

Okay, the plot is starting to really pick up! Shame I can't read it at all >_<

Well, now, I need an excuse to work on my Chinese this summer, and have vol 6 and 7 sitting right here . . .

*sigh* I wish they'd make another season for the anime. It was just getting to the good part.
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 19:32   Link #2656
Flere821
Lurker

A minor tidbit not included in the Vol16 summary:
Spoiler for stuff:

Chinese translations have finished up to Ch2 right now.
Old 2014-02-23, 19:02   Link #2657
Flere821
Lurker

Chinese translation of Vol16 has finished
Spoiler for shipping comments:
Old 2014-02-23, 22:26   Link #2658
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-25, 04:47   Link #2659
Mixed Milkshake

Hints left for future volumes:

Spoiler for Four Saints:
Old 2014-02-25, 12:25   Link #2660
Chimurry

THX!, just to be clear about it cuz I kind of confuse between spoilers and the rest of the talk (gomenasai): Metatron will be keep up with Hari/SC in avatar mode that can transform and support SC in more powerful being?, some like Yui in SAO?, SC willl be keep after Vol 16: SC "normal" avatar (2 wings with fins) and SC/Metatron fusion form: 2 or 4? angel like wings?
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality