AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-09, 02:12   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Shakugan no Shana III (Final) - generic discussion thread

Shakugan no Shana III

Officially announced, airing this fall (ANN).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotarou View Post

Shakugan no Shana III(Final season) start broadcasting this fall.

Spoiler for STAFF&CAST:
Old 2011-06-09, 04:04   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... can we non-LN readers safely speculate that Shana's smile at the end of season 2 be a sign of good tidings?
Old 2011-06-09, 05:11   Link #3
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Even the people that got the spoiler don't know why did she smile. Anime Original finale.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:43   Link #4
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Great news but the "FINAL" word on the III and on ANN link itself.. final as a TV series? or the whole series..

Either way SnS 3 and Fate/Zero! What a combo

Last edited by Kopi; 2011-06-09 at 10:55.
Old 2011-06-09, 11:51   Link #5
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Great news but the "FINAL" word on the III and on ANN link itself.. final as a TV series? or the whole series..

Either way SnS 3 and Fate/Zero! What a combo
Both, the novels end this year as well
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-06-09, 15:07   Link #6
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So... can we non-LN readers safely speculate that Shana's smile at the end of season 2 be a sign of good tidings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Even the people that got the spoiler don't know why did she smile. Anime Original finale.
Season II was defiantly mostly based around an Anime Original ending, so Shana smiling at the end confused us all She could have met Yuji, or thought she saw him. Anything is possible with that big of a cliffhanger.
Old 2011-06-09, 15:32   Link #7
Athena
The Power of One

Can I guess that S3 will have an original ending, or very close to it?
Old 2011-06-09, 15:34   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That's what were trying to guess in the Novels thread. If they had season 2 mostly focused around Anime Originality, then season 3 could also inherit that and completely go off-track. They even made an Anime Original ending for season 1 to boot. The thing that confuses me is how they still circle closely around the light novels with season 1 (before ending) and the recent OVAs. Or they tend to stay dedicated to the light novels since they are finishing up this year so J.C. Staff can focus primarily on the light novels for season 3 while season 2 was focused on Anime Originality.
Old 2011-06-09, 18:00   Link #9
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I'm guessing that the Anime Original on S2 was because the lack of plot from the novels, since we didn't really know where this all was going to. Solution? Put an Hecate on school uniform to get the fans entretained while we wait the writter to come up with something.
They closed the plot on Season 2 with a thick knot. The statue of proud was destroyed, schoolgirl Hecate was destroyed and...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

In other words, all what is Anime Original on S2 was complete passed over. With this, if they start counting the story from the novels, there would be a pefect connection without the need of Anime Original ending.
Plus, this is going Toradora! style, ending up the novel at the same time than the anime (i guess?) so they won't need Anime Original when they have a way more entretaining story to lead them.
Old 2011-06-09, 18:40   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Also, the appearances of Kasha (exclusive appearance in sidestory Zoetrope) and Mare (Sabrac's love interest, exclusive appearance in sidestory Juggle and the DS Game) in the Second Season will be justified in the Third Season.

The problem lies with how they will handle the conflicts between Flame Haze and the Crimson Realm outside Misaki City.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-09, 20:03   Link #11
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Both, the novels end this year as well
Was it confirmed? Last time I heard about the last novel wa that Dangeki Bunko hasn't provide it on the July 2011 list of novels. That means that the only chance is the end of the year. Or maybe 2011 (which I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Also, the appearances of Kasha (exclusive appearance in sidestory Zoetrope) and Mare (Sabrac's love interest, exclusive appearance in sidestory Juggle and the DS Game) in the Second Season will be justified in the Third Season.

The problem lies with how they will handle the conflicts between Flame Haze and the Crimson Realm outside Misaki City.
They are probably going to skip over that... The focus on Shana and Yuji's part of the story.
Old 2011-06-09, 21:42   Link #12
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
They are probably going to skip over that... The focus on Shana and Yuji's part of the story.
That would be such a let-down though.. But what you said about them getting rid of the Anime Originals is true and could lighten up scary thoughts I have for season 3.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-06-09 at 22:26.
Old 2011-06-10, 11:04   Link #13
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That would be such a let-down though.. But what you said about them getting rid of the Anime Originals is true and could lighten up scary thoughts I have for season 3.
To me, the stories of Sale, Chiara and the rest of the characters that got complete passed over will be skipped... They are just going to define them as ''powerfull flame hazes'' or ''generals'', since mostly of the Flame Hazes looks exotic because they are in Japan, they are gonna mix over with the rest of the extras for Flame Hazes. Or maybe just making it look like Margery and the rest knows the names.

Like...

*explosion*
Margery: Chiara, Sale, over here!
Spectator: Oh so that are their names. Cool.
Old 2011-06-10, 11:26   Link #14
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Was it confirmed? Last time I heard about the last novel wa that Dangeki Bunko hasn't provide it on the July 2011 list of novels. That means that the only chance is the end of the year. Or maybe 2011 (which I hope)

It's best that way, IMHO. The whole of Season 2 was little more than a teaser with regards to Yuji and Shana's relationship; an extremely frustrating one at that.

Season 3 had best give us resolution and at least one kiss or there's going to be viewer rage spilling out the woodwork.

That aside, are we looking at a possible time skip between S2 and S3?
Old 2011-06-10, 11:40   Link #15
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
It's best that way, IMHO. The whole of Season 2 was little more than a teaser with regards to Yuji and Shana's relationship; an extremely frustrating one at that.

Season 3 had best give us resolution and at least one kiss or there's going to be viewer rage spilling out the woodwork.

That aside, are we looking at a possible time skip between S2 and S3?
I think that there will happen one of these things.

Episode 1 will be setted after the OVA 4 finale's, Yuji is going to make a 20 minutes long speech about his plans and how he got to Bale Masque.

or...

Episode 1 will be setted after Season 2 finale, they will show Shana and Yoshida depressed and the ''where is Yuji?'' conmotion. Then they show Yuji arriving to Misaki and again, the scene from OVA 4, and it ends there (killing us during a whole week before the real beginning of the season).
Old 2011-06-13, 00:02   Link #16
sazkun

Finally, and even anidb, has post it!!
Old 2011-06-13, 00:11   Link #17
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Even if Shana and Yuji don't kiss in the novels, I believe J.C. Staff will do something like what happened in Inuyasha: The Final Act where they made a completely filler kiss just to satisfy the fans.
Old 2011-06-13, 02:02   Link #18
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That's a fact. If this is the final to the serie there must be a kiss... That if they value their lifes :P
Old 2011-06-13, 04:17   Link #19
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I thought the S2 OVA existed so they can scratch season 2's ending and return back on track to the novels?
Old 2011-06-13, 15:49   Link #20
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That's the plan here. They already did delete everything that had association with any Anime Originals to go on with a season 3 novel-wise. Just saying they could possibly add a small kiss scene between Yuji and Shana just to satisfy the fans.
Closed Thread