AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 13:52   Link #121
chupiler

Seriously, do the staff have something against Satori? Though I do admit they made her look cute in the few shots she was in. In the end, they didn't find out how the spy way, which I was expected to be revealed this ep, but at least it narrow downs the candidates. Still, you'd figure Shunsuke and Rinne would load their Gyrozetters on the plane if they wanted to protect it.
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:01   Link #122
X207
Gamyūsa

to take a phrase from Kakeru, this is a depressingly horrible show.

WTH? what was mount everest doing in the middle of a city?? the staff should stay off the illicit substances when writing these episode story line. they've destroyed a show with decent potential. at this rate they wont even get close to Kurogane no Linebarrels much less any mainstream mecha show. sure they have some decent mech desings (and some bizarreones) but thats just about all they have going for the show. i havent been this discouraged since seeing Dragonauts, even that series seems to be better that Gyrozetter.

now that my ranting is over. this series doesnt decide on any concrete direction for the story line. if you chase after multiple targets alone, you'll never catch any of them. they could've gotten a more serious tone to the series halfway through, even that would redeem it to an extent. this series wont stand out in any good way in the current anime lineup for this particular season. the story lines they have are so disjointed that you can hardly link any 2 episodes together. there is the mind eraser thing that couldve made a great plot driven series if they even bothered to follow it faithfully. i dont think their eraser project can salvage anything this late in the series.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:15   Link #123
Midonin
Last Engage

It's a kids' show. You have to consider it in that context. It's stylistically closer to a Super Sentai series than Linebarrels or anything like that. The plots aren't going to be anything spectacular, but if you care about the action and the characters, that's where the appeal is supposed to be coming from, especially for someone outside the target demographic like the majority of this board.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 14:17   Link #124
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's a kids' show. You have to consider it in that context. It's stylistically closer to a Super Sentai series than Linebarrels or anything like that. The plots aren't going to be anything spectacular, but if you care about the action and the characters, that's where the appeal is supposed to be coming from, especially for someone outside the target demographic like the majority of this board.
true, it does have the appeal for the younger audience. i never did think of that as the main reason why they didnt get serious. Dragonauts was also for a younger audince but it was slightly older than Gyrozetter. i guess i was hoping that this show would go through mediocre episode plots as a means to "setup" the universe and then go focus on one thing. i guess those shows for younger audiences doesnt bother to chose 1 distinct path as it probably wont keep their attention as well than one that hops around the place.

i love action series but they need to have a recognisable flow rather than just random waves. thats my main issue with the series, if it had a recognizable flow to tie up the fights then it be ranked a tad bit higher on my list.

i like all character aside from Touma and Kakeru. Eraser is just plain yogurt. Touma and kakeru are predicatbly childish but Kakeru has a weaker drive for self improvement of his behaviour. Touma is more on the end of a joke but Kakeru's character is even weaker. i find Kakeru depends on upgrades and powerups too much without considering making do with what he has to iniate self improvement to make it equally strong as any power up. seeing he was depended on his raibird so much this late in the series means he will most not likely consider improving his own skills. i dont think a younger audience prefers self imprvement over conveniently timed upgrades.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 08:16   Link #125
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 26 - No Relation

I was hoping for some kind of combining during this show. I love transforming robots, but if there's one thing I enjoy more, it's combining robots. The new formation is entirely for Shunsuke (and about three times the size of any other Zetter)... but it's kind of awesome. The continuation of the spy plot was nice, too, as was the Eraser stuff. The show hasn't forgotten some of its running storylines, and Saki has continued to serve a role beyond being a one-off love interest. Everyone who wasn't Shunsuke had to take the blows this week, but that's the price of a merchandise driven show. Good showing - though I can't see how forming RRR would work in toy form, since it didn't get an actual combining sequence as much as it just kind of appeared.
Old 2013-04-09, 07:12   Link #126
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 27 - What, No Big One?

Like episode 14, a pseudo-recap episode, in this case showing off all the Final Burst sequences again. Which I didn't mind, because those are cool. Makes me wish Raibird got its upgrade back, though, because Souta/Eraser-01 just keeps upgrading his own mecha, to the point where it's now gotten even more bright yellow and red upgrades. The dueling plotlines of Saki assessing her line of work, and Kakeru wondering what to do about his friend being brainwashed, both made this episode advance the story forward, even with a lot of it being recycled footage. Having the villain have a nightmare is a different sort of thing to do with a dream - at least as far as these kinds of shows go. Normally the hero is the one dreaming about doom to come while the villain tries to bring it about, but here, Goto seems as confused by his dream as we are. The Zetter in it did have a nicely detailed model, I'll admit. So now we have Eraser-01, the Eraser Troops, and now the Eraser Elite Four, with Saki as Queen. (JAKQ?) I suspect it won't be long before Touma and Haruka are asked to go into the brainwashing thingy... assuming they escape before then.
Old 2013-04-16, 07:20   Link #127
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 28 - The Halfway Climax

I was wondering how long they were going to make the Souta/Eraser plotline run for, and the first part of that question, at least for now, has been resolved this week. Just a simple brawl in the middle of an abandoned area in the middle of the night, Raibird and Guitles duking it out with swords and punches and whatever else it is robot cars use. The power of friendship pulls through (it still has some weight, no matter how old you get) and Souta finally breaks free of the brainwashing... but this of course, leads to another problem. While I'm glad to see this plotline making some forward motion, and the potential of Souta getting a chance to redeem himself and become the sixth member of the Arcadia group, but I wonder what the back half of the show is going to hold if this is resolved. The Eraser project is still ongoing, but Xenon's biggest trump card is gone, and I don't think Haruka or Touma are going to submit to the erasing anytime soon.
Old 2013-04-21, 16:05   Link #128
Miriki_Takato

I know this is a kid-show, and I watch this just to enjoy the animation, but well....this show need to be more interesting than the whole "Up-grade and we win". I don't expect some seriousness like Gundam, but I expect this would have some nice plot, I would prefer the serious enemy than silly enemy, who are just being there to be defeated by protagonist.
The plot right now is just go around and around....
It's even worse than Danball Senki, which is also a kid-show....
Miriki_Takato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:50   Link #129
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 29 - Friends

The Souta arc's been picking up really well these past few weeks. As of this episode, not only do we find out exactly how he became Eraser-01, but it's pretty clear he's on Kakeru's side as a friend now, their Sixth Ranger. And like many Sixthes, he had to go through that whole Evil thing first. The others didn't have a whole lot to do (though Satori did get another weird premonition at the end), but it was mostly about two best friends coming together for the first time years to fight and save the day in their giant robot cars. And isn't that what this series is all about? Next week is about fighting a giant Samurai Zetter, but the point still stands. The show's really picked up the pace since its earliest days.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:48   Link #130
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 30 - Traveliowned

Though I suppose Might Gaine would be more appropriate. Touma's giant samurai train Zetter was pretty cool - evil gets some of the best designs. Despite Raibird being in the title, this was really a Souta episode. The first one where he's unequivocally on the side of the heroes, though it's clear it'll take some time before everyone, much less him, is used to it. Apparently I'd been looking down on the Erasers. They're pretty effective without Souta there - one of them just impaled Kakeru in space like that. Whatever Kakeru and Rinne are spiraling into at the end there is probably going to lead some (kid-friendly) freaky stuff that reveals just how this world functions the way it does. Or if the preview is anything to go by, the past. That moment when Souta used Kakeru's Lightning Slash was pretty cool, though once again, Michi, Satori and even Shunsuke didn't get to do all that much. There's still like 20 episodes left to go, so hopefully each of them will have at least one more focuser before things start wrapping up.
Old 2013-04-30, 20:46   Link #131
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Gyrozetter 30 - Traveliowned

Though I suppose Might Gaine would be more appropriate. Touma's giant samurai train Zetter was pretty cool - evil gets some of the best designs. Despite Raibird being in the title, this was really a Souta episode. The first one where he's unequivocally on the side of the heroes, though it's clear it'll take some time before everyone, much less him, is used to it. Apparently I'd been looking down on the Erasers. They're pretty effective without Souta there - one of them just impaled Kakeru in space like that. Whatever Kakeru and Rinne are spiraling into at the end there is probably going to lead some (kid-friendly) freaky stuff that reveals just how this world functions the way it does. Or if the preview is anything to go by, the past. That moment when Souta used Kakeru's Lightning Slash was pretty cool, though once again, Michi, Satori and even Shunsuke didn't get to do all that much. There's still like 20 episodes left to go, so hopefully each of them will have at least one more focuser before things start wrapping up.
Spoiler for Next episode:

Last edited by melina_putri; 2013-04-30 at 21:24.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 09:31   Link #132
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 31 - Final Shining Edition

So that is the future, and not the past. Maybe time isn't linear, but donut-shaped. Because I find it weird that Goto looks younger than he does in the modern day, and that Haruka is his daughter in this future. They also mentioned a "Professor Kakeru Todoroki". So while Kakeru may not be much now, it's clear that he goes onto achieve some pretty big things in the future. While these characters were only with us for a short time (and probably to advertise the DS game, as mentioned above), it was an interesting excursion. Even moreso that a Todoroki was on the side of the villains in this case. Of course, Raibird being upgraded with even more futuristic technology and putting it even further ahead of the others, while expected for this genre, means that modern day Xenon is going to need to up their game. Which is exactly what next week looks to do.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:52   Link #133
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 32 - It's Been One Week Since You Were Inexplicably Sent into the Future

Lots of changes going around this week. Beginning with Shining Edition being all over everything, but most importantly, a new OP. Souta's now a much bigger presence, and it's switched to the second verse of "Let's Go!". Not enough shows in general use the second verse of their songs. It's waiting there to be cut down to a perfectly manageable TV size, and I'm glad to see it here. Satori still has almost none of the luck, but Gyrozetters are becoming both more common and bigger. The Cerberus one this week was kinda cool - even if it got completely blown to shreds by Shining Edition, which does what midseason powerups are supposed to do. Kill everything until it meets something it can't kill. The consequences of Souta going over to the good side are playing out well enough, and the new ED is... quite energetic. Same idol group as before, but now with a festival theme. And Giltes dancing along with the others.

If nothing else, Gyrozetter is always a consistent way to find entertainment on Tuesdays.
Old 2013-05-21, 09:18   Link #134
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 33 - Mawaru Penguin Zetter

I kinda want to see more of that penguin Zetter that appeared at the start of the episode. Penguin anythings are cute. Another kid of the week type episode - Eraser Jack reminds me of the Luna Dopant. Kinda dopey, but just as threatening. They almost got away with stealing Shining Edition, too. Though I wonder if the Xenon dudes know that one of their own (in the future, granted) was responsible for the reconfiguring of it in the first place. That would probably cause some sort of internal conflict among them. I'm already getting the feeling that Touma and Haruka don't totally agree with everything going on.
Old 2013-05-28, 09:03   Link #135
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 34 - Robot Love

This was a really interesting idea for an episode. Shunsuke gets a brief character moment with visiting his parents' grave, and then things just turned into fun. Picked up by Haruka in the middle of the rain, with Kirari and Kakeru going after them to find him again. What happens is Haruka protecting the one she loves, Kirari attempting to protect the same guy, and a Rabbit vs Scorpion Gyrozetter fight. With the usage of the minimal amount of cast members and some really nice atmosphere going for it, it might be one of my favorite episodes of the series, and I'm not even much of a shipper. (Though ShunHaru has some appeal to it, I'll admit. The whole hero/villain love angle.)

Next week has Eraser 666. With a title like that, I'm already kinda interested.
Old 2013-06-04, 09:09   Link #136
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 35 - Delusions of Gyrozetter

So Eraser 666 was hardly threatening, nowhere near the level of scary a guy with the number of the beast would be expected to be. He's just a big, theatrical doofus who wanted to fight Souta because he admired him so much. Usually these kinds of plots involve someone trying to be one of the heroes, but this is the first time I've seen someone infiltrate the villains and pretend to be one of their number just for fun. He was a fun one off villain, I hope he returns, especially now that he's determined to be the seventh Chosen Driver. Can't really hate a guy who uses a bear with a hammer and just has fun doing what he does. Next week makes the ending finally come into play!
Old 2013-06-11, 09:08   Link #137
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 37 - Hot Springs Hijinks

A hot springs episode not airing in the late night time slot has some slightly different goals compared to the ones encountered on a usual basis. There was some slight fanservice (Rui in the hot springs, as brief as it lasted and as much as nothing could be seen), but the rest was preoccupied with the same thing the internet is. Cats. I really think that Haruka and Touma are going to become good guys by the end of this. They've never seemed particularly evil, they just ended up with a job at the wrong company. I'm less sure on the Erasers, but if Souta can be redeemed and 666 is just a dork, the world should be okay. Haruka's probably the most fun character to watch. She's so tsundere.
Old 2013-06-11, 22:05   Link #138
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What happened to this it just stopped being subbed
Old 2013-06-18, 09:15   Link #139
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 38 - Swords of Revealing Light Z!

Almost entirely Shunsuke focused episode, but it provided some night insight into his past. He hasn't seen much action (the last time he did his Zetter got totaled), and this time more than made up for that. No proper transform sequence for the new Zetter, but seeing it slice and dice everything in its path was highly entertaining. Still wish Satori was getting this much love, but selling Anubia toys isn't as high on Bandai's list of priorities.

Next week looks to have a GaoGaiGar tribute.

Tags
a-1, square_enix