Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-23, 11:37   Link #461
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Yes, I creeped through five pages of posts to find that, just because I love you.
Hm, how did Nodame Cantabile get up there? I guess my first impression of its ending was really good. It's still one of the best, while not necessarily the best ending to date. However, it's time to revise my list.

#1: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
#1: Cardcaptor Sakura
#3: Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
#4: Elfen Lied
#5: SaiKano

---

And wow, my last post on this thread was in 2007-07-24. I thought I posted on there more recently, hence my statement.
Old 2008-03-23, 14:54   Link #462
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Hmm..... my top 5 hasn't changed much, but since I'm stalking qtip and Kholdsecks, I'll post NEwayz:

1.)Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid: I'm tired of explaining it.
2.)Eureka Seven: Only long series that managed to hold my attention for the whole thing. Despite the crappy last few eps.
3.)Clannad: Tomoyo=win
4.)Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: most fun I've ever had watching an anime
5.)RahXephon: NGE done right.

I wanted to put in True Tears for my no. 5, but it's not done yet, so the jury is still out. Barring a train wreck of an ending, it'll probably take that spot.
Old 2008-03-23, 15:15   Link #463
deltakano
1つの愛

^ Wow, you have the exact same tastes as I do. Nice. I'll look out for you when I need recommendations.
Old 2008-03-23, 15:35   Link #464
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

1.Honey & Clover
2.Fullmetal Alchemist
3.Great Teacher Onizuka
4.Full Metal Panic!
5.Shakugan no Shana
Old 2008-03-23, 23:30   Link #465
Shirozakii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
Hey guys,

I'm completely new to the anime world, and so far I've been loving it! I've only seen 4 anime series and I've LOVED all of them!

1. Bleach
2. GTO
3. Naruto
4. Initial D

List your top 5 best anime of all time!!
Lol, isn't it really weird how "new to anime" seems to have "Bleach" and "Naruto" permanently attached to it? It's the same for me too, I hope you find better series than those two although i fully approve of GTO.

my top five are:
1.Samurai Champloo (awesome action)
2.Ef - a tale of memories (actual happy ending that you will never find in an other anime. I really mean it. Every romance anime made me a little closer to being a emo except for this one)
3. Serei no Moribito (Stunning graphics, generic story line but when i say stunning graphics, i mean the best graphics in bleach (like the battle between ichigo and byakuya) or in naruto (naruto-sama vs his best friend in blue with freaky red eyes - sama) times a thousand.
4. Gurren Nope, didn't watch it, but i read enough spoilers to feel depressed on what i missed out.
5.SPICE AND WOLF The only reason this isn't #1 is because i haven't finsihesd it yet.
Old 2008-03-23, 23:33   Link #466
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post
2.Ef - a tale of memories (actual happy ending that you will never find in an other anime. I really mean it. Every romance anime made me a little closer to being a emo except for this one)

Ef is one of my favourites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post
4. Gurren Nope, didn't watch it, but i read enough spoilers to feel depressed on what i missed out.
Hahaha, I found this funny.
But yes, you're missing out (looks at KholdStare.)
Old 2008-03-23, 23:36   Link #467
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

But...it's 27 episodes! I don't watch things more than 26.

And yes, thanks for loving me. I would love you back but don't like Manabi Straight!
Old 2008-03-23, 23:44   Link #468
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1992 View Post
For me...

1. Hayate no Gotoku
Lots of laugh, good story, good timing, and nice art. In addition, Hinagiku is an easy win.

2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Haruhi-ism spreading!! Anyways this is good anime, Everything packed into one great stuff.

3. Shakugan no Shana
People might say the second season sucks, about school life, etc. But Not until you see the late episodes, 21, 22 and so on.

4. Lucky Star
Original, and a very good humor in the end. You would have laugh a lot if you see this.

5. Zero no Tsukaima
It's actually a very good anime, but unluckily the ending ruins it. The ruined ending doesn't mean this would be terrible.
I spy a fellow Rie Kugimiya loli-tsundere and KyoAni fan.
Nice!
I approve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
qtipbrit92 you are just really combative. i think you just play the devils advocate on these threads just for fun or something, cause i hardly ever see agree with people...
Of course I do. It's because I'm evil and whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hm, how did Nodame Cantabile get up there? I guess my first impression of its ending was really good. It's still one of the best, while not necessarily the best ending to date. However, it's time to revise my list.

#1: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
#1: Cardcaptor Sakura
#3: Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
#4: Elfen Lied
#5: SaiKano

---

And wow, my last post on this thread was in 2007-07-24. I thought I posted on there more recently, hence my statement.
I had something witty in my head when I quoted this.
Eh.
eh.
Oh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
Hmm..... my top 5 hasn't changed much, but since I'm stalking qtip and Kholdsecks, I'll post NEwayz:

1.)Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid: I'm tired of explaining it.
2.)Eureka Seven: Only long series that managed to hold my attention for the whole thing. Despite the crappy last few eps.
3.)Clannad: Tomoyo=win
4.)Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: most fun I've ever had watching an anime
5.)RahXephon: NGE done right.

I wanted to put in True Tears for my no. 5, but it's not done yet, so the jury is still out. Barring a train wreck of an ending, it'll probably take that spot.
Ha, he called you Kholdsecks and me qtip.
I'm winning in sex/cks suffix followers.

I also haven't flamed you yet for giving Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 7's and Elfen Lied a 6.
You deserve to be Lucy'd for that, since you just weren't able to understand the subleties of the something something and the backstory of that person who did something somewhere with something being their motive and whatnot, etc.
Yeah.
EDIT: We are now at 79.6% compatibility.
That means if I were the protagonist, you would be the girl appearing on the cover of the visual novel.
But then I would still choose KholdSecks in the end.
Quote:
But...it's 27 episodes! I don't watch things more than 26.

And yes, thanks for loving me. I would love you back but don't like Manabi Straight!
It's actually 26, because there's no episode four.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-03-23 at 23:55.
Old 2008-03-23, 23:54   Link #469
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Don't worry, I personally flamed him for giving Elfen Lied a 6 via MAL messaging, so you don't need to do that. However, giving HanTsuki and KgNE a 7 is just insulting. You are getting more messages from me, sir Cruz.

And no matter, I'm still in my mecha-hating mode, and you hate Manabi Straight! so there's no point in me talking to you.
Old 2008-03-24, 07:56   Link #470
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Quote:
I also haven't flamed you yet for giving Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 7's and Elfen Lied a 6.
You deserve to be Lucy'd for that, since you just weren't able to understand the subleties of the something something and the backstory of that person who did something somewhere with something being their motive and whatnot, etc.
Yeah.
That means if I were the protagonist, you would be the girl appearing on the cover of the visual novel.
Just finished rewatching Elfen Lied. I couldn't bring myself to bring it all the way up to an 8, (I'm squeamish you see), but I did keep allegorical something-or-others and the metaphorical whatnots in mind when watching again, so I kicked it up to a 7.

BTW, no way can you pick Kholdsecks if I'm on the cover. It just doesn't work that way. Besides, even if you do, we all know who your character is gonna pick in the KyoAni adaptation, and thats all that matters.
<

Quote:
Don't worry, I personally flamed him for giving Elfen Lied a 6 via MAL messaging, so you don't need to do that. However, giving HanTsuki and KgNE a 7 is just insulting. You are getting more messages from me, sir Cruz.

And no matter, I'm still in my mecha-hating mode, and you hate Manabi Straight! so there's no point in me talking to you.
KGNE was a 7? That was a mistake, I meant to give it an 8 (which is actually quite high from me), but I can't say that Hantsuki was anything more than a 7 for me. Actually 7's are pretty high on my scale (7's usually mean that I found the show fun/entertaining/it was a good watch, but nothing too complex). Maybe I should write up a little key for my rating scale on my MAL account.

And was the mecha/Manabi Straight comment directed at me or qtip. I never said I hated Manabi Straight. And what's wrong with mecha?
Old 2008-03-24, 08:13   Link #471
slowix

1. Shining Tears X-Wind
2. Erementar Gerad
3. Claymore
4. Fate Stay Night
5. Mai-Hime/Mai-otome
6. Elfen Lied
7. Ergo Proxy
8. Full Metal Alchemist
9. Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Old 2008-03-24, 20:45   Link #472
Un1234l

Ehhh my list of top 10 changes monthly/weekly, but here's mine currently.

----------------------------
Top 10
----------------------------
01. Higurashi no Naku Kori ni Kai (9.8/10)
02. Clannad (9.8/10)
03. Lucky Star (9.7/10)
04. Nodame Cantabile (9.6/10)
05. Kanon (2006) (9.5/10)
06. Air (9.5/10)
07. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 [Season 1] (9.5/10)
08. true tears (9.5/10)
09. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (9.4/10)
10. Naruto (9.4/10)

Oo snap yes, there are all five of KyoAni's big products in there... but at least it's not like a few months ago when they were the top 5 (Excluding Clannad).

Probably the only reason why Clannad is 2nd is because it hasn't finished yet.

Before those were Nanatsuiro Drops (9/10), Shakugan no Shana (9/10), Zero no Tsukaima (9.4/10).
Old 2008-03-24, 20:58   Link #473
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post

Oo snap yes, there are all five of KyoAni's big products in there... but at least it's not like a few months ago when they were the top 5 (Excluding Clannad).
Fail for lack of Full Metal Panic. D:
Old 2008-03-24, 21:12   Link #474
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
Fail for lack of Full Metal Panic. D:
Agreed. Reputation for FMP enthusiasm and use of internet slang.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:32   Link #475
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just finished rewatching Elfen Lied. I couldn't bring myself to bring it all the way up to an 8, (I'm squeamish you see), but I did keep allegorical something-or-others and the metaphorical whatnots in mind when watching again, so I kicked it up to a 7.

BTW, no way can you pick Kholdsecks if I'm on the cover. It just doesn't work that way. Besides, even if you do, we all know who your character is gonna pick in the KyoAni adaptation, and thats all that matters.
<
Please, good anime are the ones that have twists.

Quote:
KGNE was a 7? That was a mistake, I meant to give it an 8 (which is actually quite high from me), but I can't say that Hantsuki was anything more than a 7 for me. Actually 7's are pretty high on my scale (7's usually mean that I found the show fun/entertaining/it was a good watch, but nothing too complex). Maybe I should write up a little key for my rating scale on my MAL account.

And was the mecha/Manabi Straight comment directed at me or qtip. I never said I hated Manabi Straight. And what's wrong with mecha?
And yes, 7's for my rating scale is also "very good." I do understand though, since if I recall correctly, qtipsex gave Kanon 2006 a 10 while I gave it a 7. I'm surprised to not get flamed yet.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:53   Link #476
hold

Unhappy :')

i think i have a strange taste too

animes ive seen
rurouni kenshin
tenjou tenge
naruto
onegai teacher

i want to find an anime that makes us like onegai teacher does when we watch it till the end.
its like , it opens an hole in your chest.

if anyone knows an anime like that. pls private message me.

Thanks
Old 2008-03-24, 21:55   Link #477
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold View Post
i think i have a strange taste too

animes ive seen
rurouni kenshin
tenjou tenge
naruto
onegai teacher

i want to find an anime that makes us like onegai teacher does when we watch it till the end.
its like , it opens an hole in your chest.

if anyone knows an anime like that. pls private message me.

Thanks
I felt that at the end of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
1.Honey & Clover
2.Fullmetal Alchemist
3.Great Teacher Onizuka
4.Full Metal Panic!
5.Shakugan no Shana
Old 2008-03-24, 22:04   Link #478
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Quote:

Your anime compatability rating with qtipbrit92 is:
81.2%

So at this point, you still haven't made up your mind, but the two of us have just been circumstantially locked in the P.E. closet where we *gasp* almost kiss.

qtip x mcruz FTW!

Quote:
And yes, 7's for my rating scale is also "very good." I do understand though, since if I recall correctly, qtipsex gave Kanon 2006 a 10 while I gave it a 7. I'm surprised to not get flamed yet.
Speaking of flame, you gave Koi Kaze a 6? I understand not liking incest but couldn't you see the relationship's beauty, the tragedy, the.....

yeah, on second thought it is kinda gross.
But still...
Old 2008-03-24, 22:07   Link #479
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Speaking of flame, you gave Koi Kaze a 6? I understand not liking incest but couldn't you see the relationship's beauty, the tragedy, the.....

yeah, on second thought it is kinda gross.
But still...
I see the relationship's beauty. In my MAL profile, I described by 6 rating as:

6: Good, enjoyable.

Simply put, I appreciate the message and I enjoyed it. My rating scale is very harsh, and to give a rating of 7 means I have to almost completely enjoy it (meaning not being uncomfortable).

And also, my compatibility with qtip is still higher, but stop trying to intentionally change ratings to match.
Old 2008-03-24, 22:48   Link #480
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Quote:
And also, my compatibility with qtip is still higher, but stop trying to intentionally change ratings to match.
*gasp* I've done no such thing. Really I swear. I'm still in the process of thinking up all the anime I've watched, so I'm still fixing it.
Closed Thread